Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 02:17 AM #1
Trance.Evil
hide your girlfriend

has been a member for 10 years
Chopping more than bruce lee, I RTFM'ed btw

Okay
so my brand new out of the box omen is chopping like mad, it not a bad paint match, tried numerous different paints and barrels on it. Chop chop chop. I've retuned three times, following the manual to the T. (i'm not an idiot but i don't know this gun that well ethier) The only time i could get ANY consistency at all was when i ran the reg really really low, pushing out only ~200 FPS with my recock even a little low for the setting, having to manual cock every 10 or so shots.
EVEN THEN, i was still chopping every 5 or so shots. Strip and clean, multiple times. Retuned, multiple times... CHOPPED multiple times...
What is going on.... help... please... is it user error? am i missing something...

Winners don't try, winner's get the job done then go home and f*** the prom queen

My Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2003, 08:01 AM #2
Hellcat
Banned

maybe you got a lemon...if you have enough problems Evil might give you another omen
Old 10-05-2003, 09:04 AM #3
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
The recock being low and the reg setting? Check the screw on the top of the gun, is it tight?

Perhaps the CAM is not adjusted properly. There were a few that had bad cams, you could be one of them. Call evil up.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:05 AM #4
Oscillation

Wow, that sounds exactly like my Omen, except mine's been doing that for 3 months. I've pretty much given up on mine.

Oh and they sent me a new cam feed, and a new gun, and new...everything. The customer service has been fantastic, just not the marker.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:15 AM #5
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

Osci, even the new one they sent you did that?

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 10-05-2003, 11:36 AM #6
Oscillation

Yeah. I really think I'm cursed.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:43 AM #7
DaCow

I'd send it back again. Keep doing that untill you get a working gun...it's your nickle after all.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:30 PM #8
Oscillation

I don't even want it anymore, I really just want my money back. Which will probably never happen...
Old 10-05-2003, 02:11 PM #9
Trance.Evil
hide your girlfriend

wow that sucks osci... im sorry man
and we have tried adjusting the cam.
I'm fiarly confident its the cam feed that is breaking them, however I have noticed that when i dont run my hopper and i'm not firing at a rapid rate, obviously, then it doesn't chop balls. Could it be my hopper? Its just a ricochet, its agitated, not force fed so i didn't think that could possibly be it... i'm going to run an egg2 on it today, i really doubt thats the problem, but no reason not to try.

Winners don't try, winner's get the job done then go home and f*** the prom queen

My Feedback
Old 10-05-2003, 03:35 PM #10
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
Here's the main reason the cam will break a ball: Too much pressure, causing the cam to crank into the ball like gary sheffield's bat.

What are the causes of too much pressure though?
* could be the creeping of the recock screw
* could be pressure spikes from your tank, especially if its co2.
* Here's the primary reasons: could be that the recock pressure is just set too high to compensate for bad alignment of internals and other moving parts. Similarly you might have to set the recock pressure too high to compensate for too much friction from badly fitting parts or unlubed moving parts.

Here's another reason you might need to up the pressure in order to recock: The bumper is no good or improperly installed. If the bumper is too firm, or pinched off your gun will require a higher amount of pressure to recock... And as you saw earlier, high recock pressure is a bad thing. There are a few other possibilities, but these are the main culprits.

Everything is addressable... and the Omen's design is solid as hell. You can tune them to near perfection, and noone should live with chopping issues, they are completely fixable. If you can't figure it out, and you've sent it into pmi and still have probs, i don't mind looking into them for free, but you gotta cover shipping.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:59 PM #11
Trance.Evil
hide your girlfriend

thanks huge but i've got an airsmith that i bought the gun from, I'm giong to the shop tommorrow and we are going to tear the gun down and see whats going on.

From what i've read Evils consumer services are excellent so im not to worried about having to send the gun back as much as i'm worried about the down time....

We'll see how it goes and this next paycheck may just go to a back up gun. Something used off ebay for a decent price. Any suggestions for a back up gun?

My Feedback
Old 10-05-2003, 06:09 PM #12
Spartan X
Unbanned

Just to let yah klnow, just because he's a airsmith does not mean he know any thing about the Omen. A airsmith is a very brought term, a airsmith in what? AGD? Tippmann? kingman? Brass eagle? PMI? Evil? Palmer?..ect.

I to offer fixing Omens for free, but with evil costomer service you should not have to resort to that.

Old Feedback

Old 10-05-2003, 07:49 PM #13
paintball boy 20
yahmean?

man oscillation i know how u feel. My omen has just broken for the third time. It's leaking out the reg. I'm sending it to pmi again, but yea i just want my money back.
None, they all just sit in the dark and cry!!!
Har har har!
"
Old 10-05-2003, 11:43 PM #14
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
That's sad to hear man, but if you know what's wrong with the gun why not just have them send you the part you need? Its faster and easier that way.

I offer to help cause honestly I don't think there's an omen out there that can compete with mine... I just hate to see people giving up on a gun cause they can't solve issues.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:06 AM #15
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
fulnix is an NCPA player
and a gun that has the potential to tear up the field.....

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
Old 10-06-2003, 01:00 AM #16
Trance.Evil
hide your girlfriend

Lol, ya don't worry man i'm not gonna give up on the gun. For the price the thing is... well.... evil ^_^ I've got the Epipe on order atm and am going to exchange my Ricochet2k for an egg2 (the ricochet CANNOT keep up with a good walk on the trigger).
I've been going back and forth on the PDP Chip, simply becuase i'm not sure i can walk the trigger fast enough to use the ROF. Plus i need to buy all new gear as i just got back into the game from a three year break.
Jersery, pants, cleats, barrel squeege, gloves (i'm using my Mechanix atm), harness and pods. You know, all the goodies.
^_^ im gettin there though.

Thanks for all the help guys

My Feedback
Old 10-06-2003, 03:10 AM #17
bad_temper

another prob.

I'm sorry to butt in but can you help me out on that bumper thing behind the hammer, if that is too soft then it's time to change it but when I first got it, it was soft already, can I use a regular spyder bumper?

Another question is what psi should the detonator be for best operating pressure?

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:10 AM #18
bad_temper

another prob.

I'm sorry to butt in but can you help me out on that bumper thing behind the hammer, if that is too soft then it's time to change it but when I first got it, it was soft already, can I use a regular spyder bumper?

Another question is what psi should the detonator be for best operating pressure?

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:05 AM #19
Spartan X
Unbanned

ooh double -post.

They are soft all the time....When they get ripped it half then you replace it. No a spyder bumper will not work.

A psi numer would not help you here, there is not guage on the gun, but even with guns that have guages you simply sweet spot the Reg by going up slowly. Please Read my FAQ on how to adjust the Omen when you first get it.

(ps, the Omen usually runs on 200 psi with a good paint match)

Old Feedback

Old 10-06-2003, 02:00 PM #20
Oscillation

My problem is that it keeps chopping and no matter what anyone does, it won't work for more than a day. I'm afraid to use this thing in a tournament for fear that my gun is going to fail in the middle of a game. If I can't trust the Omen then I really can't use it to it's potential.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:50 AM #21
Trance.Evil
hide your girlfriend

Fixed...
sort of. I have another one of the MANY as i've come to learn, factory defective guns from Evil. Although there product is sweet, i'm hearing about more and more lemons. Well, like any brand new product in any market, it takes time to work out the over-looked or unnoticed engineering flaws. Luckily the guy that sold me mine (mike from paintballonline.com) was kind enough to loan me a gun from his personal stash for the weekend. Props to him and to all in this thread that helped. thanks guys.

My Feedback
Closed Thread