Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-19-2015, 07:35 AM #1
longball_ur_face

longball_ur_face owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'm thinking of starting a Indoor field

My names anthony I'm thinking of taking this year's taxes and making a nice 5 man or maybe 3 man indoor paintball field for 2016 but wanted to see what kinda feedback I got first thanks pm me ideas and what ya think feel free to post here also
longball_ur_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM #2
longball_ur_face

Oh It would be in the jackson ohio area we have nothing down south as far as paintball goes
Old 10-19-2015, 03:17 PM #3
shalehillslayer

shalehillslayer plays in the APPA D5 division
shalehillslayer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
shalehillslayer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would love to see something like this around here. I'm in Athens btw. My boys and probably a lot of the players that go to chilicothe would love a place to play in the winter I'm sure

Last edited by shalehillslayer : 10-19-2015 at 03:19 PM.
shalehillslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:34 PM #4
staitdown

has been a member for 10 years
staitdown owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Let me know if you make it happen. My business partner has a compressor and tanks for sale.

Old PbNation Feedback

eBay 1,690 transactions. Top-Rated & Power Seller Status

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...psd0494f51.jpg My 20 Gun Collection ( THE HEIGHT OF THE SICKNESS )[/size][/url]
staitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:42 PM #5
CaptHowdy
Old Fart

CaptHowdy donated to help Peyton Trent
I don't think there has been a field up that way since MAM. One of the first things you want to do is get insurance. Even with a waiver, people can still sue you.

I've seen two fields go out of business because of this.
CaptHowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:43 AM #6
longball_ur_face

I'm deff thinking about doing it I've thought about it for years just gotta get a plan down
Old 10-20-2015, 11:12 PM #7
JuBoyd

Just make sure you do a lot of research before hand. Would be great though, best of luck to you!
JuBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:15 AM #8
Gnarculese

Do it. Now!
Gnarculese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:34 AM #9
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Run the numbers. Then take whatever you think you'll bring in for player count, and half it. Take what you think your expenses will be and double it. Then look at the numbers again and see if it still sounds like a good plan. I did something along those lines in a market that's minimum four times the size of your market, at a crossroads of my state. Ideal location. Worthwhile building. Couldn't make the numbers work, even assuming my entire family made up the staff and worked for free.

Read through the Field/Store Owners section here. There's a ton of VERY useful information in there.

Not trying to pee in anyone's Cheerios, but it's far better to be realistic than to launch into something and have it crash and burn within a year because the numbers weren't right going in.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:38 PM #10
longball_ur_face

field

Obviously I would do the research I believe with there being no indoor or good fields around these parts the number will be good
Old 10-23-2015, 01:54 PM #11
Spyder124
muddy husky

Spyder124 is an NCPA player
Spyder124 plays in the APPA D5 division
Try contacting someone from OU paintball team. See if they have any interest
Old 11-18-2015, 02:36 PM #12
TheGoodDyeYoung

As someone who would love to play indoors during the off season, nothing would make me happier than to see a solid indoor field open up near me…

…however…

The logistical and cautious side of my brain would suggest that you DON’T open up an indoor field. As other people have mentioned, it’s quite easy for the field to go under due to a lawsuit. Here are just a few reasons why I would be cautious to open an indoor field.

1. A quality indoor field that would attract more serious players that pay more and keep the field alive is very hard to maintain. You need high quality lights to illuminate the whole field, turf or another material to put on the floor so people don’t slide too much, and the bunkers themselves.

2. Insurance/Waivers are also very alarming. As other people have mentioned, very well-funded fields have gone under quickly because one bad apple decided to not cover his barrel and shot someone in the face. It may be their fault, but you will end up hurting the most.

3. I would also note that you aren’t in a very densely populated area, so maintaining consistent play at your field would be tough without having it at a high enough quality to attracted all players (as previously mentioned).

4. Lastly, I would just consider the amount of Overhead that an indoor field would need: lights, heat, paint, air systems, building upkeep, flooring for field, employees, insurance, and most importantly helping you make a small profit.

I wish you all the best and I hope you can open up an indoor field, but the empathetic side of me also wants you to have a successful business with as few headaches as possible.
TheGoodDyeYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:41 PM #13
Born2PlayPaintball
That Others May Live

All of the above advice is solid. Another aspect I think most people fail to realize if that the profit margin on paint will be far less than expected. A lot less. You'll also need to have a pretty substantial reserve account for unexpected maintenance/equipment repair. Plus the installation of an alarm system and the monthly fees. Sit down and figure out the numbers. Don't take out loans you'll potentially default on.

On a positive note, if you firmly believe this is something you want to do and are willing to make sacrifices, do it.

"For Brother and Country"

I say to our enemies,
God may show you mercy,
We will not...
Never Forget 9-11-01
Born2PlayPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:43 AM #14
thenoob23
Wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2PlayPaintball View Post
All of the above advice is solid. Another aspect I think most people fail to realize if that the profit margin on paint will be far less than expected. A lot less. You'll also need to have a pretty substantial reserve account for unexpected maintenance/equipment repair. Plus the installation of an alarm system and the monthly fees. Sit down and figure out the numbers. Don't take out loans you'll potentially default on.

On a positive note, if you firmly believe this is something you want to do and are willing to make sacrifices, do it.

I couldn't agree more. My main concern, as you mentioned would be unexpected issues that might arise. As someone else had even brought up the matter of doing the numbers over and over again. I'm a firm believer in going into something 110% and failing rather than going 60% and not knowing.
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 PM #15
BenYates373
pbmonkey

BenYates373 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
BenYates373 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
would love to see an indoor field in OH!

Just another young gun
BenYates373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:35 PM #16
PaintBallerDad5

PaintBallerDad5 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
PaintBallerDad5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintBallerDad5 plays in the APPA D4 division
Sounds like this never panned out
PaintBallerDad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:44 PM #17
Bob_Evans

Bob_Evans owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bob_Evans supports DLX Technology
On the contrary I've been looking in the Ohio area for a few months now looking at the logistics and demographics of opening an outdoor/indoor field. As I'd assume most of you all know, nothing happens overnight or even over a couple months. This may be the case with this field, or another person realized that there are better..a lot better options out there to invest in. For me, I'm looking at doing a massive investment involving multiple real estate properties out of state which have very good payouts that involve little more than investment and a few days of work per year, then running a large field for a day to day job that I enjoy. If things do work out, I'll be in these forums alot more in the upcoming couple years. Just something to get yall's hopes up.
Bob_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 AM #18
PaintBallerDad5

PaintBallerDad5 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
PaintBallerDad5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintBallerDad5 plays in the APPA D4 division
I think you have a lot of lost opportunity now. If you look at the NXL standings for overall series and performance in events there was 4 teams in the area that either placed 3rd or better overall NXL series, or placed in the top 8 every event. Minus Cleveland Imperial who sat out Virginia for personal issues or they would of ranked higher in overall points, probably would of won. So you have 5 teams who are looking for places to play indoors now or having to drive to Indiana or Michigan to play in the winter time. I'm not saying hurry up or you're going to miss the boat, all I'm saying is Ohio and Pennsylvania teams were pretty dominant this past year in NXL and have no place locally to play in the winter months indoors.
PaintBallerDad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:40 PM #19
Duck05
Nuke Power

Duck05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Duck05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Duck05 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Not saying you are wrong that Ohio and Pa teams did good. But why do you think that is? Because there were no west coast events. So that's the main reason why.
Duck05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:29 PM #20
Bob_Evans

Bob_Evans owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bob_Evans supports DLX Technology
Its not all about having tournament teams, and teams do come and go. In other words, I've yet to see a field without a team that calls it their "home field" as they compete. Even in states that don't show up nationally, they still compete. As per state showings, tournament statistics don't relate into paintball field profits much if at all. Having a developed business plan, and business model that will turn a profit while positively promoting the sport we love is more important than timing the field opening to when tournament teams do well nationally.
Bob_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:35 PM #21
psychokyle
Redhead's Field Director

psychokyle plays in the APPA beginner division
psychokyle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psychokyle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Evans View Post
Its not all about having tournament teams, and teams do come and go. In other words, I've yet to see a field without a team that calls it their "home field" as they compete. Even in states that don't show up nationally, they still compete. As per state showings, tournament statistics don't relate into paintball field profits much if at all. Having a developed business plan, and business model that will turn a profit while positively promoting the sport we love is more important than timing the field opening to when tournament teams do well nationally.
Yup. You could make an argument that it would be counter intuitive to open up in a market that is saturated with good teams.
Instagram, and Tumblr.
Redhead's OP-FOR
psychokyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups