Old 07-10-2016, 07:50 PM #1
tippmann_Dude12201
CLE Born & Raised

tippmann_Dude12201 helped look for balloons
tippmann_Dude12201 supports DLX Technology
tippmann_Dude12201 supports Shocker RSX
tippmann_Dude12201 supports Ninja Paintball
Cleveland

So, I literally just moved back home to the west side of Cleveland from north of Seattle after I got discharged from the Navy at the end of May. I haven't played paintball in Cleveland in about 6 years since the city tore down the little outlaw ball field I helped run on the west side of Cleveland called "Cleveland Mayham" some may remember it (we were on the original clevelandpaintball.com). I got back into paintball big time and bought a lot of high end gear my last couple months before I moved back to Cleveland, now as far as I can see there's only like 3 fields I have to choose from that are all commercial and expensive for what they're offering. $80 for a case and practically $100+ for everything (admission, all day air, and a case of low level paint) for a day of play is atrocious. Anyone know of any outlaw fields close to Cleveland? or have recommendations for fields? I used to play at Synergy back when chuck ran it, I don't think he does anymore though.. Its like 120 a day there now

If any of the old clevelandpaintball guys read this, this is Tippmann (Anthony) from the old site.
tippmann_Dude12201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2016, 09:18 PM #2
Wastedslayer
Enjoying the Luxe-ry

plays in the NXL
Wastedslayer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Wastedslayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Wastedslayer supports Ninja Paintball
Drive the hour south to Drop Zone in Warren. Great prices and always the top competition in the area.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:46 PM #3
tippmann_Dude12201
CLE Born & Raised

So far they look like my best option. I was just checking out their website earlier. They look like a solid field and it will probably be my best option in looking for a 5 man team.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:43 AM #4
cloead
ewwww

has been a member for 10 years
cloead has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cloead has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cloead has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmann_Dude12201 View Post
So far they look like my best option. I was just checking out their website earlier. They look like a solid field and it will probably be my best option in looking for a 5 man team.

synergy is $$$$$$$$$$. went there this past saturday. with that pricing it suprised the hell out of me to see 40+ people there at 11am. it must have peaked around 60-70 people.

pinnacle is good on sunday mornings apparently but i havent tried that yet. i went on a saturday, $80 a case and lots of woodsball.

paintball village is cheap but gets old quick. however its 5 minutes from my house so ill stop in there if i have some time to kill on sat/sun to get some quick games in. they do a $40 season pass groupon deal in the spring that is worth it. gets you free entry/all day air and discounted paint - $60 a case OTD.

TPA is a haul, but paint is on the cheap side. however they tailor their games to get you to waste all that paint as quickly as possible (unlimited respawn games, untimed unlimited respawn games.. etc)

i just saw someone post a SupAir bag setup on FB for $800.. about to go buy them and set it all up in my back yard for pickup games during the week.. want to throw in? im in north ridgeville.

Last edited by cloead : 07-26-2016 at 01:58 PM.
cloead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:02 PM #5
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
fishballer06 supports Shocker RSX
Dimension is probably a little over an hour south of you. There's an AYCS day on the 31st. Should be some guys out for that. They also host the SEEDS series, which is the biggest local tournament series in the area right now. So if you're looking for a team, it might be worth checking out.

fishballer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:00 PM #6
tippmann_Dude12201
CLE Born & Raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloead View Post
i have 2 people for this 5 man team..

i tried drop zone a few weekends back around noon on a saturday, there was nobody there. fields looked nice but was a bummer driving all the way out there.. called before hand too, nobody answered. website says to text so i texted, never got a response. walked in and guy said it was "going to be a slow day".. no kidding

synergy is $$$$$$$$$$. went there this past saturday. with that pricing it suprised the hell out of me to see 40+ people there at 11am. it must have peaked around 60-70 people.

pinnacle is good on sunday mornings apparently but i havent tried that yet. i went on a saturday, $80 a case and lots of woodsball.

paintball village is cheap but gets old quick. however its 5 minutes from my house so ill stop in there if i have some time to kill on sat/sun to get some quick games in. they do a $40 season pass groupon deal in the spring that is worth it. gets you free entry/all day air and discounted paint - $60 a case OTD.

TPA is a haul, but paint is on the cheap side. however they tailor their games to get you to waste all that paint as quickly as possible (unlimited respawn games, untimed unlimited respawn games.. etc)

i just saw someone post a SupAir bag setup on FB for $800.. about to go buy them and set it all up in my back yard for pickup games during the week.. want to throw in? im in north ridgeville.

PM'd
Old 07-12-2016, 04:23 PM #7
xNuRve

plays in the NXL
xNuRve owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
xNuRve plays in the APPA D4 division
xNuRve supports Ninja Paintball
Here's all of the info for Pinnacle Woods.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4726097

Every sunday we have around 30-40 players.

On saturdays we mainly only run drills if we are out there.
xNuRve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:51 AM #8
mas19

Annual Supporting Member
mas19 donated to help Peyton Trent
mas19 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
mas19 plays in the APPA D4 division
mas19 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

i tried drop zone a few weekends back around noon on a saturday, there was nobody there. fields looked nice but was a bummer driving all the way out there.. called before hand too, nobody answered. website says to text so i texted, never got a response. walked in and guy said it was "going to be a slow day".. no kidding

We practice on Sunday's at DZ.
mas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:11 PM #9
cloead
ewwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas19 View Post
We practice on Sunday's at DZ.
Room for a random solo player to show up?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:33 PM #10
Motojoel

Always some people walking on. All are welcome.
Sunday is the day to practice at Drop Zone.
Motojoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:06 AM #11
Egofreak12

Egofreak12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Egofreak12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Egofreak12 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Egofreak12 supports Ninja Paintball
Battlefront Paintball Reloaded just reopened about a month ago if you are looking to play some woodsball once in a while. Open play days are hit or miss. They have an event scheduled for September 10th. The old events usually brought 100 people. Big field too.

I've made my way through DZ and Dimension and like both of them. Great times were had at each place.
Egofreak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:13 AM #12
tippmann_Dude12201
CLE Born & Raised

Im either going to head out to dimension or drop zone this weekend. Leaning towards dimension due to the all you can shoot promo. I went to paintball village like 2 weeks ago and had a blast. Even though it was 60% rentals, we had 15v15 at one point in time.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:53 AM #13
cloead
ewwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippmann_Dude12201 View Post
Im either going to head out to dimension or drop zone this weekend. Leaning towards dimension due to the all you can shoot promo. I went to paintball village like 2 weeks ago and had a blast. Even though it was 60% rentals, we had 15v15 at one point in time.

I pm'ed you back. I stopped up at PBV sat and sun late in the day, too many kids lol. Me and a buddy are planning on going to dimension Sunday for that as well.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:04 PM #14
Wastedslayer
Enjoying the Luxe-ry

plays in the NXL
Wastedslayer owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Wastedslayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Wastedslayer supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

i tried drop zone a few weekends back around noon on a saturday, there was nobody there.....
While Drop Zone does have a good rec following it's going to be hit or miss depending on time of day and weather. However, if your looking for Xball then Sunday morning is the day to come out. Games start around 1030AM and will run until 2-3PM. Honestly, not many tourny guys play on Saturday unless it's the weekend before an event.

Dimension is also an excellent choice. They have the updated bunker set and Chris the owner is top notch. This year has been excellent for rec players out there. I believe this past weekend I heard there were close to 100 people out playing.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM #15
MaDr0X
Unh uh!

MaDr0X donated to help Peyton Trent
Ive lived in Cleveland for two years now and avoided the local fields because of their advertised prices. Now I only play a few times a year and when I do im usually running the pump but I usually haul down to TPA or over to PA for play. Im originally from Pittsburgh so I am familiar with the fields there. If there is something close to Cleveland you guys know about thats cheaper post up, I will keep an eye on the thread. Id be down for a woods or airball day with the pump. As long as its close the wife shouldnt mind.

F2K Swap

Old Feed back | New Feedback
MaDr0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM #16
cloead
ewwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDr0X View Post
Ive lived in Cleveland for two years now and avoided the local fields because of their advertised prices. Now I only play a few times a year and when I do im usually running the pump but I usually haul down to TPA or over to PA for play. Im originally from Pittsburgh so I am familiar with the fields there. If there is something close to Cleveland you guys know about thats cheaper post up, I will keep an eye on the thread. Id be down for a woods or airball day with the pump. As long as its close the wife shouldnt mind.
The only field around here that I would consider too expensive is Synergy but that's just due to paint being $90 a case. If you are using a pump I doubt you'd go through a case in a day (i may be wrong.. sorry if i am) so even that wouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't avoid any of the local fields if you have never been to them.
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM #17
OhioPB
OHIO DEATHSQUAD

OhioPB is playing at Living Legends IX
OhioPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I heard when victory park is keeping a permanent field after the nxl event. Not sure how true that is though.
OhioPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:01 AM #18
cloead
ewwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPB View Post
I heard when victory park is keeping a permanent field after the nxl event. Not sure how true that is though.
Saw that too.. living down the street from there I hope its true!
ReplyRegional Ups