Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 PM #1
Cpt_Carnage
vvvShocker Treevvv

hater gun/empire proph board compatability?

hey buys,

I have a hater shocker board and a prophecy, and no clue how to sync them as niether manual includes a series of steps on how to sync the two. only how to sync with a hater symbio or magna rf chip for the hater board and prophecy, respectively.

Tech4hire.
Team Ice Ftw.
Cpt_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The Hater board is designed specifically to work with the Symbio board - I'm not 100% certain, but I do not believe that it will synch directly with the stock Prophecy. It certainly wasn't designed to do so at any rate.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:19 AM #3
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
Like she said you need the empire rf board in order to sync to the prophecy. Hater will be coming out with a new board line called the Vici board that will sync to the new LTD board that's coming out for the prophecy though.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:20 AM #4
Uziel Gal

She's actually a he (but not a lady-boy.....)
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Yes, the hater board needs the symbio board to work, it doesn't work any other way.

Ahh, Uzi being called a girl again... fun times.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:58 PM #6
Uziel Gal

Some things never change.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:31 PM #7
Cpt_Carnage
vvvShocker Treevvv

it's in the manual that the hater board will sync? is it only the vici boards that will sync?

Tech4hire.
Team Ice Ftw.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 AM #8
TheePsycho
Sadist

Only the vici line will sync with the ltd board for the prophecy, maybe even the stock board as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:32 AM #9
Uziel Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Carnage View Post
it's in the manual that the hater board will sync? is it only the vici boards that will sync?
The Hater board *will* synch, but with the Symbio board, not the Prophecy board. Hater made the boards to work specifically with their own loader board, not anyone elses.

The two products are made by different companies, so you can't assume that just because both boards utilise RF wireless, that they will necessarily be compatible with each other - unlike Bluetooth for instance, there is no universal agreement in place that all paintball companies will make their RF kits compatible with each other, so they aren't.

The Hater board was made to be used with the Symbio board, rather than with the Prophecy, and likewise, the Empire chips were made to work with the Magna and Prophecy, but most likely do not sync with the Symbio board (never actually tried, but I doubt greatly that they would synch).
Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 PM #10
Cpt_Carnage
vvvShocker Treevvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
The two products are made by different companies, so you can't assume that just because both boards utilise RF wireless, that they will necessarily be compatible with each other - unlike Bluetooth for instance, there is no universal agreement in place that all paintball companies will make their RF kits compatible with each other, so they aren't.
I realize this, and have the symbio board sync'd to my shocker. BUT. In the manual for the prophecy, it states in plain black and white that the stock prophecy board will sync with hater boards. What I'm asking is, do I have the right kind (i.e., is it simply hinting toward the vici lines, or was the prophecy built around the existing hater frequencies after hater got bought up by KEE?) or will it only sync with vici boards? Or maybe I need to use a different process involving the frequency of the gunboard (i.e., picking one specific frequency of the frequencies made available in the settings, then syncing with the prophecy)? etc...

Tech4hire.
Team Ice Ftw.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:44 AM #11
Uziel Gal

Well, I've seen a few threads were people have asked about this, where they have tried to synch the Hater board to a stock Prophecy, but have failed to do so. However, it is entirely possible that they are all missing some small part of the process to synch the loader to the board - basically, doing it wrong. Your best bet to get a definitive answer would be to contact Simon or Hater Paintball. They, if no-one else, will know for sure if it can be done successfully, and if so, how to do it.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 PM #12
Cpt_Carnage
vvvShocker Treevvv

emailed, no reply yet...

Tech4hire.
Team Ice Ftw.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM #13
TheePsycho
Sadist

I want to say no it won't work. The reason why is the symbio and hater boards were developed before KEE partnered with Hater Paintball. At that time KEE had their own Magna board and RF boards for the paintball gun. When Hater and KEE partnered up then the LTD board was created and the Vici line of boards. The Vici line of boards were created to be the same frequency as the original KEE boards, as the LTD board will work with the Empire RF adapter.

Makes you wonder then if the Vici gun board will work with the Magna loader board.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:19 AM #14
viperashes
DON'T GIVE A ****

viperashes is Legendary
viperashes is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
THe Vici software is going to be very versatile. Please read the bottom part of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheePsycho View Post
Only the vici line will sync with the ltd board for the prophecy, maybe even the stock board as well.
Actually, you are wrong. Please read the bottom part of this post.

Quote:
I want to say no it won't work. The reason why is the symbio and hater boards were developed before KEE partnered with Hater Paintball. At that time KEE had their own Magna board and RF boards for the paintball gun. When Hater and KEE partnered up then the LTD board was created and the Vici line of boardswrong. The Vici line of boards were created to be the same frequency as the original KEE boards, as the LTD board will work with the Empire RF adapter.

Makes you wonder then if the Vici gun board will work with the Magna loader board.
I spoke for a total of about 2-3 hours, at WCA, in person, with Ben Fredrick, owner of Hater paintball, and creator of the Vici platform about the LTD board, as well as the Hater Vici board that is scheduled for release later this year.

First off, the LTD prophecy will be able to synch to regular Magna RF harnesses. So, yes, it will be compatible.

The RF reciever module is FULLY integrated into the board. It is not merely a 3 prong reciever soldered onto the board.

Here is where things get complicated, so pay attention. From the information given to me by Ben:

Will the LTD Prophecy work with Magna transmitters and a stock marker board?
Yes

Will the Vici board work with the Magna or a stock Prophecy?
Yes and Yes

The Vici platform has been in the works since before the Kee/Empire partnership was formed.

My information is not based on speculation, it is based on an hour long in depth conversation with Ben, followed by a series of shorter conversations about specific topics related to the Vici software, Vici hardware, LTD loader board, Vici marker boards, future updates, and hardware backwards/cross-compatibility.

"**** it. You only live once. You can't take your money with you, so spend it on **** you want. You can't take your **** with you, so make sure you break it before you leave." - Me

Lefties make it looser
viperashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:17 AM #15
TheePsycho
Sadist

Quote:
Quote:
actually I'm not really wrong as this is what the answer related to and by stock board I meant stock empire rf board which means both prophecy and rf board to go in line with the solenoid.

Only wrong on when the Vici line of boards was created no big deal there.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:20 AM #16
viperashes
DON'T GIVE A ****

viperashes is Legendary
viperashes is attending Decay of Nations VII
I wasnt trying to call you out or anything, I was simply stating the info that was given to me. Please dont take it the wrong way.

"**** it. You only live once. You can't take your money with you, so spend it on **** you want. You can't take your **** with you, so make sure you break it before you leave." - Me

Lefties make it looser
viperashes is offline   Reply With Quote