PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-21-2009, 04:04 PM #1
youngage
hugo.

youngage supports Team VICIOUS
hey, new to the whole scenario scene...speedballer....

so now that i have played enough cod6. i really want a scenario gun to be like a prestige, and blast fools with my m16, with a holographic sight... haha!

soo i am really newb and retarded.... whats a good versatile gun that can preform all these upgrades and such?

like are scenario guns as easy to clean and maintain as, say my geo, or rx, or even ion or shocker?

please let me know thanks alot guys
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2009, 04:38 PM #2
Furb

One word X7 ok? thats all that i feel the need that needs to be said in this thread.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:37 PM #3
hiddenphantom

If you want something like your speedball markers but the mil-sim look, ish. Check out the BT-7, its engine is derived form the Invert Mini. Other markers that are mod-able and easy to maintain is anything from Tippmann. I suggest like everyone else does go lay hands on these if possible maybe borrow one for a game and find one that fits you.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:12 PM #4
Crimson Death
HATERS GON HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenphantom View Post
If you want something like your speedball markers but the mil-sim look, ish. Check out the BT-7, its engine is derived form the Invert Mini. Other markers that are mod-able and easy to maintain is anything from Tippmann. I suggest like everyone else does go lay hands on these if possible maybe borrow one for a game and find one that fits you.

If I were going to buy a Milsimish gun I'd prolly buy the BT-7
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:26 PM #5
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
You own a geo? Don't buy anything. Play with that.

I've done the mil-sim thing, I've carried an extremely heavy marker onto the field, and climbed up a mountain and "blasted fools" - or got shot because im carrying a 3-4 foot long target that has weighed me down and now i can't run.

If you want to be a valuable scenario player, use your geo, carry as much paint as possible, stay on the field and play as long as possible. That is how you are an asset to your General and to your team, as opposed to having a several hundred dollar gun that doesn't outperform, in any way, the one you already have.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:35 PM #6
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessJersey View Post
You own a geo? Don't buy anything. Play with that.

I've done the mil-sim thing, I've carried an extremely heavy marker onto the field, and climbed up a mountain and "blasted fools" - or got shot because im carrying a 3-4 foot long target that has weighed me down and now i can't run.

If you want to be a valuable scenario player, use your geo, carry as much paint as possible, stay on the field and play as long as possible. That is how you are an asset to your General and to your team, as opposed to having a several hundred dollar gun that doesn't outperform, in any way, the one you already have.

You have a very good point. Being a scenario player doesn't mean being "tactical" it means you play scenarios that all. My personel choice in a VSC phantom primary and my back-up is a Mini. If you are a speedballer at heart then use your primary position in that to decide what you want to do for your general. If you a back man then your fire support/ heavy gunner, if you are a snake player then your a flanker/point man, if you just a plain sneaky bastard then your a sniper/scout. The things you need to think about is not getting a new marker but getting some new/used gear like not a uniform that is bright yellow and red, instead go with all black or some type of camo(not ACU j/k). Set yourself up for the long haul with stuff like a camel pack, the pod pack that carries enough paint for you to play 30 mins non-stop. boots or shoe that can go anywhere and keep your feet health. Also, a radio might be a good option for you. The less you spend on gear is more paint and entry fees paid. Good luck man hope to see you out there sometime.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:46 AM #7
ace0007

I have lugged around an A5 for a few years. I now pretty much roll with a Proto SLG just for the weight issue. Carrying a big gun is great for looks, but sometimes it tires you out and bog you down. Depends what you want to do role wise on the field. If I am going to be doing scout work or a lot of running behind the lines, I go with my pump. If it's tactical attacking/flanking/moving where I need good rate of fire, it's my Proto. If I want to sit back and try and long ball people, it's the A5 flat line...etc. Really I guess see what role you want to play out there and go from there

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:58 PM #8
paintkaine

Something that I have always said it that looks do count for somthing. A guy buys a car that gets 5 miles to the gallon but has 500 horse because its cool. People buy mud tires for there truck because its cool. Hell girls will buy hi heels that kill there feet because it makes them look good.
My point is I like carrying around a 15 lb gun. If I still do alright then I have an edge on the guys that are carrying around less then me. I say bring the bling. A slight bonus is anyone checking out your setup might feel intimidated and that can give you an edge. Is it worth it? Thats up to you.
To answer you question I would go with an tippman a5. You can score them off ebay for around 80sh plus, and they have tons of upgrades to make them look how you want. Ive used mine in the rain and snow, very easy to rebuild, and if you don't like it you can turn around and sell it possibly making a profit.
Then again thats just my opinion.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:52 AM #9
simply stunning

simply stunning is playing at Living Legends III
simply stunning owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
simply stunning supports Team VICIOUS
I agree with both sides of this. I have gone back and forth since I first started plaing. I have bought a speedball gun, and then sell it to buy a "woodsball" gun. I have shot everything from a SL8R to a mech Cocker, to A5s. I hhave to say that there is something to be said for both sides. Rite now I have a SL94, 2 A5s, and a Tac-One. I love all of them. I also love to use all of them. That being said, you can go overboard on making your gun milsim, but there is just something that feels good about going out with you MP5 A5 and running around in the woods.

So all in all. There are differnt markers for differnt people, but I think all of them have there place.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:22 PM #10
*Somthingclever*

I play speed and woods ball, and I use my Ion for both. I only thing that is different is what I wear camouflage in the woods etc. BTW dont get your gun wet, take good care of it, and a dark colored gun will not hurt lol.
*Somthingclever* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:33 AM #11
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
if your geo is black, use that. don't waste money on a "scenerio" gun because it looks cool
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:14 PM #12
roth_GBA
You lookin at me?

roth_GBA has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
roth_GBA is Legendary
anybody hve an opionion on the t9?
roth_GBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 PM #13
GJ Pain
is chill

GJ Pain plays in the PSP
GJ Pain supports Team VICIOUS
According to your sig, you already own one
GJ Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 PM #14
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
keep in mind, just because it looks high-speed, low-drag doesn't mean it's practical. a 15 lb A-5 may look good, but think about lugging that around all day. Keep your Geo, buy paint.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:11 PM #15
RobertK

I play both Speedball and Woodsball. Grab a Blackhearted SP-1 and your set.
RobertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:15 PM #16
getupfront
CHILD SOLDIER

i dont think he has a geo i think he was using it as an example. of course he might but if you dont you can get an ego 5 for around 300 and they kill and feel so close to real when ur blastin fools.. but really speedball guns > woodsball weights.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:24 PM #17
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I think he was specifically asking about a mil-sim style marker, for whatever his personal reasons are. I think the BT-7 and BT-15 are pretty good mil-sim style markers. Of course there is the Bob Long M-Tac, but thats pretty high speed. The A-5 is a good base marker than can be upgraded big time. The X7, too. They are all as easy to maintain as your speedball markers. In my experience, speedball markers tend to be more reliable in the elements than the electronic mil-sim guns except the SP-1.
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM #18
Eclipse Dynasty

Eclipse Dynasty is playing at Living Legends III
Eclipse Dynasty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Eclipse Dynasty supports Team VICIOUS
I would have to say either the X7 or the X7 phenom ( mostly if you have the money to buy the marker). But if you don't like these guns then just do some research on woods ball guns and there you go.

Web sites that you can trust

http://www.actionvillage.com

http://www.ansgear.com
Eclipse Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 PM #19
Snipes33
Tactical Recon Unit

Snipes33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Snipes33 supports Team VICIOUS
Yeah I have an x7 and it looks pretty much like a m4/m16. It has an egrip. I'll put a video of it tomorrow on YouTube. It has the mods your wanting on it too. My YouTube name is speedy3ric

Last edited by Snipes33 : 08-22-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Snipes33 is offline   Reply With Quote