Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 PM #43
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Actually the bible is the most scientifically accurate document ever. The bible has been proven correct over thousands of years while your science books have only been around a short while and get revised and disproven all the time. Science and history, our whole society even, is BASED ON the bible. Get your facts straight before you question god's word.

PWNED

/thread
Let's not forget that the Bible is also the most scientifically correct cookbook and gardening guide as well. Hell, who needs a TV guide when you've got the New Testament!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2009, 01:19 PM #44
asch1220
ß.∂.™

Quote:
Actually the bible is the most scientifically accurate document ever. The bible has been proven correct over thousands of years while your science books have only been around a short while and get revised and disproven all the time. Science and history, our whole society even, is BASED ON the bible. Get your facts straight before you question god's word.

PWNED

/thread
while you tell me to get my facts straight, you fail to provide any facts to go along with your claim that "the bible has been proven correct over thousands of years". please enlighten me, i would very much like to learn these facts that say a virgin mother gave birth to a guy that would go on to perform miracles.

When the power of love overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace.
Jimi Hendrix
asch1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:31 PM #45
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

PWNED

/thread
This absolutely has to be a troll.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:32 PM #46
asch1220
ß.∂.™

i was thinking that for a little bit, but i truly think that he's serious.

edit: upon further review, you're right. he has to be a troll.

Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by asch1220 : 11-23-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:48 PM #47
wavesport001

What's a troll?

And anyway, the bible is god's word and god doesn't lie. We already know that god is a perfect being and that humans are imperfect. Who are you going to believe?

Quote:
while you tell me to get my facts straight, you fail to provide any facts to go along with your claim that "the bible has been proven correct over thousands of years". please enlighten me, i would very much like to learn these facts that say a virgin mother gave birth to a guy that would go on to perform miracles.
Fact 1: God created the earth in 7 days and Adam was the first man.

Fact 2: The bible says that jesus performed miracles. This was proven when four separate accounts tell the same story and confirm the miracles!

Fact 3: The bible is the most accurate history book ever. It tells the accurate history of all the people of the earth. The fact that it's totally historically accurate should be proof enough for anyone that all the material enclosed within is factual.

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM #48
Laureate
strength beyond strength

Quote:
What's a troll?

And anyway, the bible is god's word and god doesn't lie. We already know that god is a perfect being and that humans are imperfect. Who are you going to believe?

Fact 1: God created the earth in 7 days and Adam was the first man.

Fact 2: The bible says that jesus performed miracles. This was proven when four separate accounts tell the same story and confirm the miracles!

Fact 3: The bible is the most accurate history book ever. It tells the accurate history of all the people of the earth. The fact that it's totally historically accurate should be proof enough for anyone that all the material enclosed within is factual.
this is good
Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 PM #49
asch1220
ß.∂.™

considering someone in your sig is telling you that you're an entertaining troll, i suspect that you know what it is.

Jimi Hendrix
Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM #50
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Yea wave is very much an atheist he just trolls Christians on here.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 11-23-2009, 02:55 PM #51
Laureate
strength beyond strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
no, he takes the christian side to show how ****ing stupid it is
Old 11-23-2009, 06:04 PM #52
Gold Leader (Banned)

Quote:
That's horrible.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:58 PM #53
Laureate
strength beyond strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Leader View Post
That's horrible.
sarcasm sensor reads positive
Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 PM #54
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:

PWNED

/thread
I never attack people based on ignorance but get real. What do you mean the bible has been proven correct over thousands of years? Can bushes burn and then be fine when the fire is gone? No. Can tablets fall out of the sky into someone's hands? No. Can someone be born without sperm? No. And don't argue the calcium theory, it hasn't been proved.

In regard to my highlighted point. Do you leave any room for argument? Believe it or not people are entitled to their own beliefs. I assume that since the Bible is "God's" word, you agree with stoning people to death if they're homosexuals? I mean, that's what the Bible says, and God wrote the Bible.

Edit-Wasn't aware you are a troll.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 PM #55
T-Vizz the 2nd
Liberty Or Death

lol, Kinda figured he was at that first post about being rewarded in the afterlife... But then again I kind of looked past that and saw sarcasm which caused a good LOL. The latter post were alright trolls though, second that sigy about being an entertaining troll

"A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
T-Vizz the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 PM #56
wavesport001

I'm not trolling, I've been born-again!

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 PM #57
asch1220
ß.∂.™

yeah i do second that sig quote, you are entertaining and had me going for a bit.

Jimi Hendrix
Old 11-24-2009, 12:15 AM #58
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Odds are, they are just wack-jobs. However, if there was evidence that conflicted with evolution, scientists would embrace it and respect the challenge.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:55 PM #59
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules

Quote:
Let's not forget that the Bible is also the most scientifically correct cookbook and gardening guide as well. Hell, who needs a TV guide when you've got the New Testament!
I would encourage the group of "intellectuals" that troll these forums to read up on some of the more prominent Christian scientists in this era. Robert Jastrow and Anthony Flew would be a good start. Yet I doubt that a single one of the "intellectuals" will bother reading something that they don't already agree with (continuing this cycle of ignorance).

Robert Jastrow - "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountain of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries"

Credentials:
- first chairman of NASA’s Lunar Exploration Committee
- Chief of the Theoretical Division at NASA (1958-61)
- the founding director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in 1968
- Professor of Geophysics at Columbia University
- Professor of Earth Sciences at Dartmouth College (1981-1992)

The Bible is not a science book, and I doubt many claim it to be. But how does that make science an argument against religion? If anyone bothered to actually read the Bible AND their science book you would see that they don't contradict as much as people like to believe.

"Originally posted by Nips80: You are the best poster ever! I wish I could be like you!"
"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: Please teach me how to be as awesome as you!"
"Originally posted by Treghc: You are my hero and my idol. If you were gay like me, I would totally make love to you."
"Originally posted by Umami: Please let me have your babies. I want my children to have at least one parent that isn't retarded."
270KIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 PM #60
VanishPaintball

VanishPaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
The Bible is not a science book, and I doubt many claim it to be. But how does that make science an argument against religion? If anyone bothered to actually read the Bible AND their science book you would see that they don't contradict as much as people like to believe.
To be fair, I think that many more people use reason as an argument against religion, it just happens that the scientific method is an explicit mechanism of the principles of reason.

The level of contradiction between the Bible and science (or reason) is entirely dependent upon the level of flexibility that you afford to the interpretation of the Bible.

If the Bible must be read as the literal and inerrant word of an omnipotent, and eternal deity, the contradictions are staggering.

If the Bible can be read with differing levels of literalism, allegory, allowance of translation error, consideration of cultural relativism, etc., then most of the contradictions can be explained away.

The problem is this: the more flexibly you allow the interpretation of the Bible to become, the more and more meaningless its contents become.
VanishPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:02 PM #61
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
I would encourage the group of "intellectuals" that troll these forums to read up on some of the more prominent Christian scientists in this era. Robert Jastrow and Anthony Flew would be a good start. Yet I doubt that a single one of the "intellectuals" will bother reading something that they don't already agree with (continuing this cycle of ignorance).

Robert Jastrow - "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountain of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries"

Credentials:
- first chairman of NASA’s Lunar Exploration Committee
- Chief of the Theoretical Division at NASA (1958-61)
- the founding director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in 1968
- Professor of Geophysics at Columbia University
- Professor of Earth Sciences at Dartmouth College (1981-1992)

Why exactly did you quote me? Wave and my satirical comments weren't necessarily trying to disprove the Bible with science. And yes, there ARE plenty of Christians who attempt to claim the Bible's story as scientifically credible.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 11-25-2009, 08:21 PM #62
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
It doesn't contradict at all until idiots make the claim that the earth was created in 7 days and is only 6000 years old.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:09 PM #63
VanishPaintball

VanishPaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
It doesn't contradict at all until idiots make the claim that the earth was created in 7 days and is only 6000 years old.
Um... you mean that God idiot who claims it on page 1?

[The 7 day creation, not the age of the earth.]
VanishPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote