Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 10:23 PM #22
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Darwin was right. lol @ the haters
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2009, 10:38 PM #23
carp
Back To The Deathstar
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Palm Bay, FL
lol sarcasm, going back to the main article they are not really trying to discredit Darwin, they are primarily saying that he had noway of really understanding life on the level that modern scientist's can examine it now and that he created the base for this type of scientific study.
carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:16 PM #24
VanishPaintball
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
VanishPaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflvikings View Post
I'm actually studying mathematical biophysics. kthx
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
owned.
VanishPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:31 AM #25
Bigram70
James 4:6-8
 
Bigram70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
You didn't even SEE what the conference was about. You automatically assumed it was idiots like you who are trying to disprove evolution.
Do I care what the Conference was about?

To: Warbeak

Especially an uneducated nincompoop who grossly misunderstands the matter he professes to have the answer about. In 3 posts, you've displayed:

a) That you don't actually understand modern evolutionary theory.
b) That you don't care to understand modern evolutionary theory.
c) That you fancy yourself incredibly educated on a matter which you've clearly given no serious thought or research.

Congratulations, you're the same as every other ignorant person in the world."

Wow Don't make your self sound to much like an ***. Congrats on attacking me and not the argument. I never said I had a PHD in anything I never said anything about anything. I merely stated the fact that I had argued this all before, People personally attacking one another doesn't make the argument go any better. I hope you feel better you can have a pat on the back warbeak your really good at taking a simple sentence and grossly over exaggerating.

Besides you should remember me Warbeak from about 2 years ago about, back when you were trying to argue that the universe was eternal with your calculus theory and it being ever etneral. Please warbeak lecture me in evolution, I think I need a refresher.

To: nflvikings

Ya but you still don't have a PHD in it, Just because I'm study Criminal Justice doesn't mean I can lecture criminal court justices about law.
__________________
Marker Maniacs

Originally posted by BGardner: Tom Kay was wrong. As much as I liked him, he is not making paintball equipment anymore. He never loved to play the game. It was more of a business than a passion. He has found his passion now, and I bet he is alot happier.
Bigram70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 AM #26
bigbootyhos
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigram70 View Post
Unless you have a PHD in science and math lets just not bother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflvikings View Post
I'm actually studying mathematical biophysics. kthx


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigram70 View Post
Do I care what the Conference was about?

To: Warbeak

Especially an uneducated nincompoop who grossly misunderstands the matter he professes to have the answer about. In 3 posts, you've displayed:

a) That you don't actually understand modern evolutionary theory.
b) That you don't care to understand modern evolutionary theory.
c) That you fancy yourself incredibly educated on a matter which you've clearly given no serious thought or research.

Congratulations, you're the same as every other ignorant person in the world."

Wow Don't make your self sound to much like an ***. Congrats on attacking me and not the argument. I never said I had a PHD in anything I never said anything about anything. I merely stated the fact that I had argued this all before, People personally attacking one another doesn't make the argument go any better. I hope you feel better you can have a pat on the back warbeak your really good at taking a simple sentence and grossly over exaggerating.

Besides you should remember me Warbeak from about 2 years ago about, back when you were trying to argue that the universe was eternal with your calculus theory and it being ever etneral. Please warbeak lecture me in evolution, I think I need a refresher.

To: nflvikings

Ya but you still don't have a PHD in it, Just because I'm study Criminal Justice doesn't mean I can lecture criminal court justices about law.
Your argument got refuted. Also, saying unless someone holds PHD in something they can't debate something with you is a cop out.

Last edited by bigbootyhos : 11-21-2009 at 02:12 AM.
bigbootyhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:11 AM #27
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Bigram70: don't let these pseudo-intellectuals get you down. You know the truth and you will be rewarded in the afterlife. Keep your eyes on the prize brother!
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:00 PM #28
T-Vizz the 2nd
Liberty Or Death
 
T-Vizz the 2nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Here it comes, and I think It is surprisingly relevant.



That is the opening salvo, I will respond to any intelligent questions personally.
__________________
American Politics & Incremental loss of freedom
Republicans: War on drugs, Forcing religion down our throats.
Democrats: War on guns, Forcing Obamacare down our throats.

"A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."

Last edited by T-Vizz the 2nd : 11-21-2009 at 06:04 PM.
T-Vizz the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:50 PM #29
Gisgo09
vGisgo
 
Gisgo09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Livonia, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Vizz the 2nd View Post
Here it comes, and I think It is surprisingly relevant.



That is the opening salvo, I will respond to any intelligent questions personally.
Extremely well said.
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.
"Thats a lot of Romans over there." "Yes but not one of them is Gisgo." Hannibal Barca and general Gisgo before the battle of Cannae in 216 BC.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:50 AM #30
asch1220
ß.∂.™
 
asch1220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Vizz the 2nd View Post
Here it comes, and I think It is surprisingly relevant.



That is the opening salvo, I will respond to any intelligent questions personally.
<3
__________________
CTK Will Rise Again

When the power of love overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace.
Jimi Hendrix
asch1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 AM #31
T-Vizz the 2nd
Liberty Or Death
 
T-Vizz the 2nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Vizz the 2nd View Post
I wonder if any of the creationists will respond now that it has been posted four times?
__________________
American Politics & Incremental loss of freedom
Republicans: War on drugs, Forcing religion down our throats.
Democrats: War on guns, Forcing Obamacare down our throats.

"A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
T-Vizz the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:54 AM #32
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force
 
Buckfrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sitting at my desk
Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
So, how about this...

God created the universe we live in, but it is a constantly changing living creation?

I tend to fall into that belief. Note I said belief and not "what I just said is fact", which would be silly to say.
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:24 PM #33
Laureate
strength beyond strength
 
Laureate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
So, how about this...

God created the universe we live in, but it is a constantly changing living creation?

I tend to fall into that belief. Note I said belief and not "what I just said is fact", which would be silly to say.
it doesn't say that in the bible
__________________
ST:F - Playin with the boys
Laureate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:52 PM #34
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force
 
Buckfrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sitting at my desk
Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
How so?

I don't see anywhere that it says "God created the world, and then everything stayed the same for ever and ever".

I assume you are talking about the idea of God creating Adam as a human in what we would consider present form....which I believe. After that though, what stops the natural processes of the world God created from interacting and changing?

Also, I am mega ignorant to most arguments presented on here, and honestly would like to know what you guys think about that.
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 PM #35
T-Vizz the 2nd
Liberty Or Death
 
T-Vizz the 2nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
So, how about this...

God created the universe we live in, but it is a constantly changing living creation?

I tend to fall into that belief. Note I said belief and not "what I just said is fact", which would be silly to say.
I tend to go that way also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
How so?

I don't see anywhere that it says "God created the world, and then everything stayed the same for ever and ever".

I assume you are talking about the idea of God creating Adam as a human in what we would consider present form....which I believe. After that though, what stops the natural processes of the world God created from interacting and changing?

Also, I am mega ignorant to most arguments presented on here, and honestly would like to know what you guys think about that.
This is where our opinions differ, I think god exists on the level of the soul and spirit, and that any action god may have had on the universe was at or before the big bang.
__________________
American Politics & Incremental loss of freedom
Republicans: War on drugs, Forcing religion down our throats.
Democrats: War on guns, Forcing Obamacare down our throats.

"A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
T-Vizz the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 PM #36
RipItGreg9103
ØProving PandumonianiansØ
 
RipItGreg9103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Exactly. All you need to know is god's word. Eventually science will discover that the bible was right all along.
Haha your a joke. Arguing with science is a way for christians to continue their cult they call "religion". When you christians die you'll realize that heaven thing your banking on isnt real and hopefully they give you the ability to realize you waste a life praying to an imaginary made up spirit. I believe theres something bigger then all of us out there but it isnt god. There are so many religions with so many different gods and since all of you are fully devoted to your religion you have to know that all these gods cant be real. Not sure what proof you have that your christian god is the one that exists. I guess you guys dont believe the fact the world shows no proof of a global flooding that backs up his noahs ark bull****.

Adam and Eve


Bigram70- You dont even have enough intellectual capability to write accurate well spelt sentences. You lack any knowledge of how to use conjuctions and if you can't even handle that you should probably stay off a topic as huge as evolution vs creation
__________________
750 :Black Web EGO8: BUY ME

Last edited by RipItGreg9103 : 11-22-2009 at 09:37 PM.
RipItGreg9103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 PM #37
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment
 
Tuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NH
Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
lol sarcasm, going back to the main article they are not really trying to discredit Darwin, they are primarily saying that he had noway of really understanding life on the level that modern scientist's can examine it now and that he created the base for this type of scientific study.
Yeah, no such thing as DNA testing and studies of the double helix and such were non existent. His discoveries with the technology available at the time were incredible.
__________________
IrishMafia
Proud American
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:30 PM #38
T-Vizz the 2nd
Liberty Or Death
 
T-Vizz the 2nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Exactly, no need for a sound knowledge of DNA. All that is needed to understand evolution at a BARE BONES level is.

A) Random changes occur.

B) Offspring tend to be like the parents.

C) Changes that create increased survivability, make it more likely the creature reproduces, and therefore will have offspring with similar traits.
__________________
American Politics & Incremental loss of freedom
Republicans: War on drugs, Forcing religion down our throats.
Democrats: War on guns, Forcing Obamacare down our throats.

"A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."
T-Vizz the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:09 AM #39
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
Haha your a joke. Arguing with science is a way for christians to continue their cult they call "religion". When you christians die you'll realize that heaven thing your banking on isnt real and hopefully they give you the ability to realize you waste a life praying to an imaginary made up spirit. I believe theres something bigger then all of us out there but it isnt god. There are so many religions with so many different gods and since all of you are fully devoted to your religion you have to know that all these gods cant be real. Not sure what proof you have that your christian god is the one that exists. I guess you guys dont believe the fact the world shows no proof of a global flooding that backs up his noahs ark bull****.

Adam and Eve
Once you accept Jesus in your life you will see that the little "details" that you get caught up in are nothing compared to the big picture. Oh, and the bible is 100% true because it's 100% fact from god's mouth. God said it, I believe it, that's all I need to know.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 AM #40
asch1220
ß.∂.™
 
asch1220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago
i understand that you strongly "believe" in Jesus, but how can you honestly say the bible was 100% from god's mouth when it was written by people?

also, the only reason you look past the so called "little details" (details including the fact that people did not live with dinosaurs) is because they disprove your 100% true bible that came straight out of god's mouth.
__________________
CTK Will Rise Again

When the power of love overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace.
Jimi Hendrix
asch1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:54 AM #41
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigram70 View Post
Do I care what the Conference was about?
And there goes any credibility you may have had.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigram70 View Post

Wow Don't make your self sound to much like an ***. Congrats on attacking me and not the argument. I never said I had a PHD in anything I never said anything about anything. I merely stated the fact that I had argued this all before, People personally attacking one another doesn't make the argument go any better. I hope you feel better you can have a pat on the back warbeak your really good at taking a simple sentence and grossly over exaggerating.

Besides you should remember me Warbeak from about 2 years ago about, back when you were trying to argue that the universe was eternal with your calculus theory and it being ever etneral. Please warbeak lecture me in evolution, I think I need a refresher.
Sorry I attacked you, but it's not like I was lying. You have no clue what you're talking about. You even admit that you didn't read the article. You'd rather pull BS out of your *** about something you haven't even read about. You basically say that evolution is wrong without any semblance of a rational argument. Your only argument is to twist facts like Darwin's admission of his own inability to explain his theory fully. I merely stated (in a nasty way, because I really don't think you or your argument deserves anything else) that you are like any other babbling creationist or ID'ist rhetorician out there. Don't fancy yourself learned on the matter, you're not.

So sorry that I'm not PC, but when someone makes a stupid comment, I call them stupid. You made a stupid comment and your refutation of evolution is ridiculous.

I've never argued that the universe is "eternal" as if it had a life. I argued that infinite existence is possible. I'd love for you to prove me wrong considering it's a debate that puzzles scientists and philosophers to this date.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:54 AM #42
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Quote:
also, the only reason you look past the so called "little details" (details including the fact that people did not live with dinosaurs) is because they disprove your 100% true bible that came straight out of god's mouth.
Actually the bible is the most scientifically accurate document ever. The bible has been proven correct over thousands of years while your science books have only been around a short while and get revised and disproven all the time. Science and history, our whole society even, is BASED ON the bible. Get your facts straight before you question god's word.

PWNED

/thread
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump