Old 05-15-2010, 05:05 AM #43
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Yep, you have options.

You can get the AM upgrade and then the Emortal board; you can get the Virtue Redefined board for the Etek2; or there is the forthcoming APE OLED board. Virtue are also looking at releasing a version of their OLED board to fit the Etek3. Another option would be buying the AM upgrade, and then the Virtue OLED board for the Etek2.

All depends how much you want to spend, and/or what features you are looking for.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 AM #44
sk8r1230
HHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

sk8r1230 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sk8r1230 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sk8r1230 supports Team VICIOUS
just installed my am upgrade and emortal board and i highly recommend them..perfect fit and finish easy to navigate and well made...i would expect nothing less from pe!

Lasoya is a douche
*nwipaintballers.com*
sk8r1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:17 PM #45
dmbxvii

dmbxvii helped look for balloons
so...startin when would it not be advisable to buy a new etek 3, and wait for the etek 4?
dmbxvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:57 AM #46
Uziel Gal

Well, up until now, Eteks have been released every other year, so assuming that pattern continues, there won't be an Etek4 until 2012.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:32 PM #47
G.Simpson
...Merk'N since 1986...

G.Simpson plays in the PSP
G.Simpson donated to help Peyton Trent
G.Simpson plays in the APPA D4 division
I have a ETek2 with Cure3, ZickKit2 for ETek and Virtue Redefined board...

I know the Cure2 and Cure3 can be used in the ETek3 but what about my other 2 upgrades from my ETek2?

Not sure if I was to get a ETek3 if I would want a LT or AM...not sure how I feel about a plastic frame :/
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 PM #48
GeminiOFL

GeminiOFL is playing at Living Legends III
GeminiOFL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GeminiOFL supports Team VICIOUS
GeminiOFL is for the Gunfight
GeminiOFL supports Bob Gurnsey
GeminiOFL supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Simpson View Post
I have a ETek2 with Cure3, ZickKit2 for ETek and Virtue Redefined board...

I know the Cure2 and Cure3 can be used in the ETek3 but what about my other 2 upgrades from my ETek2?

Not sure if I was to get a ETek3 if I would want a LT or AM...not sure how I feel about a plastic frame :/
Make no mistake, it is no mere plastic. It is a glass reinforced nylon, similar to the material used to manufacture the Glock frame.

MACDEV MILITIA
GeminiOFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:16 PM #49
Uziel Gal

Just for info, I would have to presume that you have the Etek specific Zick kit in your Etek2, not a Zick2, as the Zick2 rammer does not fit the Etek or Etek2 - it's an Ego rammer and an Etek specific version of the Zick2 rammer has not been released.

The Etek specific Zick rammer will not fit the Etek3, as the Etek3 uses the newer style Ego rammers rather than using the Etek specific rammer found in the Etek and Etek2. Having explained above that you have a Zick rammer rather than the Zick2 rammer (which is an Ego style rammer, and would as such fit the Etek3, but not the Etek or Etek2), there would be little point in swapping rammers (even if they did fit) as the Etek3 comes stock with a Zick rammer anyway.

A Virtue Redefined board for the Etek2 would fit in the Etek3 frame.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:23 PM #50
G.Simpson
...Merk'N since 1986...

G.Simpson plays in the PSP
G.Simpson donated to help Peyton Trent
G.Simpson plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiOFL View Post
Make no mistake, it is no mere plastic. It is a glass reinforced nylon, similar to the material used to manufacture the Glock frame.
Wow that is some great information...especially since I can not decide if I want to get LT or AM, at first was thinking AM but now this info and lack of money I might be getting a LT but still not sure...

Any opinions anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Just for info, I would have to presume that you have the Etek specific Zick kit in your Etek2, not a Zick2, as the Zick2 rammer does not fit the Etek or Etek2 - it's an Ego rammer and an Etek specific version of the Zick2 rammer has not been released.

The Etek specific Zick rammer will not fit the Etek3, as the Etek3 uses the newer style Ego rammers rather than using the Etek specific rammer found in the Etek and Etek2. Having explained above that you have a Zick rammer rather than the Zick2 rammer (which is an Ego style rammer, and would as such fit the Etek3, but not the Etek or Etek2), there would be little point in swapping rammers (even if they did fit) as the Etek3 comes stock with a Zick rammer anyway.

A Virtue Redefined board for the Etek2 would fit in the Etek3 frame.
Wow thanks for all the great info! Yes I have the ZickKit specific for the ETek. Looks like I would just swap my Cure3 from my ETek2 into the ETek3 and put the Cure into the ETek2 then the ETek2 would be a back up marker.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:25 AM #51
Pballer3223

So what should I get, AM or LT, which is the better deal. Are they better than older Ego models?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:14 AM #52
Uziel Gal

The choice between AM and LT is as much a matter of personal preference as anything. Do you want all metal parts? Is cost an issue? Will you ever want to use the Emortal board or the Virtue Etek2 OLED board? Do you want the lighter marker? All things to weigh up to choose between the two.

If you read the beginning of this thread, you will see that I have compared the Etek3 to the various Ego models, with the pros and cons of each. Those comparisons should help answer your second question.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:27 PM #53
andregandolff
Poison ETek 3

andregandolff is playing at Living Legends III
andregandolff owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
andregandolff is for the Gunfight
thanks

All my items i sell are as-is.
http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb504.gif

Last edited by andregandolff : 10-09-2010 at 02:00 PM.
andregandolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM #54
Uziel Gal

Well, it doesn't really compare directly to any particular Ego (which is part of the reasoning behind this thread).

The actual Etek3 itself, construction wise, sits somewhere between the '06 Ego and the Ego7 - you have a rammer housing like the earlier Egos and Eteks (though this one uses a later rammer style), but have the integrated FRM introduced with the Ego7.

The Emortal board is more capable feature wise than stock '05 and '06 Ego boards, but less so than the Ego7 and later boards. It doesn't have the early Ego's optical switch, nor does it have both optical and microswitch trigger sensing like the later Egos. The rate of fire settings are lower. You don't have the expansion board sockets. No sound module. You don't have the Ego10 board's larger LCD or adjustable, colour backlighting, or the new user interface.

The Zick2 was introduced with the SL94, as was the Cure3 - the Ego10 introduced the Cure3+.

The Shaft4 doesn't come from the Ego range of markers - it's the stock barrel of the Geo2.

The Ego10 trigger doesn't even fit the Etek3.

Going back to the marker itself, you have a slower solenoid than on any Ego model. You don't have the QEVs of the older Egos or the direct feeding/direct venting solenoids of the newer Egos. You don't have the roller bearings found on Egos since the Ego7 (though if you did get one of the Violent Products triggers for the Etek3, that would give you bearings). You don't have the spring trigger return that some Egos have in addition to the magnetic return ('06 Ego, Ego9 and Ego10 all have both magnetic and spring return).

You do have the S3 reg (Ego9), LPR body vent (Ego10) and new style LPR (SL8R). Basically, your marker has parts introduced from (or comparable with) all different models and years - it doesn't compare to any one Ego, as well as having some parts that are specific to itself or Eteks in general. What you basically have, is an upgraded Etek3.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM #55
StormyCheryl

Thanks for the info!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:02 PM #56
Paintballn8

Thank you for the info!
Paintballn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:05 PM #57
RLN

RLN donated to help Peyton Trent
RLN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RLN has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RLN has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have to say this was a very fun read. All the posts and responses were great. I was at PALS 2009 when the Etek 3 was released and I held both the LT and AM and I was like eh..whatever...having owned just about every Ego and Etek model and at the time playing for an Eclipse sponsored team I was using an SL94 so I thought nothing about the Etek3. Last week I happened to pickup an Etek3 LT for fun and I have to say that it's a nice little shooter for the price. It doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Ego line and although I'm spoiled by the SL models and will likely be getting the Ego 11...I have no problems taking an Etek 3 LT or AM into a tourney. It will shoot the ROF I need, it's built tough and considering the history of Eclipse markers I know it is dependable which is what you want in a marker.

Great stuff Uziel Gal
Christ Krew#291Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=383004
RLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 AM #58
Etek3Baller
Female Body Inspector

Etek3Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Etek3Baller is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Etek3Baller supports DLX Technology
Yeah, the Etek 3 is great. I have an Am model and an Lt model and they are both great guns. The LT is just as strong as the Am just a little more flexible. If I had to do it again, though, I would have gotten a used Ego 9 rather than an Etek 3 Am because they are in about the same price range. If you only have $500 the Lt is unbeatable.

Da Luxe Mob
EGO MAFIA I FTOP
Real Winners SCAV HUNT 2011!!!!
RIP Tacobueno: 9/11/2006 - 8/2/2011 :(
Etek3Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:29 PM #59
xxtails213xx
Sexy Babe of NCS

is it true that the emortal board only fits on the am and not the lt?
xxtails213xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:15 AM #60
Uziel Gal

That is correct.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:10 PM #61
Etek3Baller
Female Body Inspector

Etek3Baller is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Etek3Baller supports DLX Technology
I think it is a better deal to get the LT and get the Etek 2 virtue board....it will save about $150

Etek 3 Am $600 Etek 3 LT $500
Emortal board $170 Vitue Etek 2 board: $100
--------------------------------------------------
$770 vs. $600 good deal check out the link:

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...boardetek2.htm

Da Luxe Mob
EGO MAFIA I FTOP
Real Winners SCAV HUNT 2011!!!!
RIP Tacobueno: 9/11/2006 - 8/2/2011 :(
Etek3Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:39 AM #62
jptothetree
OVER THE LINE

jptothetree plays in the PSP
jptothetree posts videos on PbNation
jptothetree plays in the APPA D2 division
I just ordered my Cure Bolt 3 and Zick 2... looking forward to seeing how they improve the gun! I loved how it shot already so I'm really excited.
jptothetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:56 AM #63
Bigbird2213

From all the info ive read and know about this marker tells me that both models are great....the only down fall to the LT is not being able to use the Emortal LCD board without the AM upgrade...its all about what your budget looks like. Right out of the box both models will perform good enough for tourney play its all about the player not the marker

Personally ill be gettin a AM just for the fact the Emortal board drops right in for upgrading down the road
Bigbird2213 is offline   Reply With Quote