Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2009, 04:40 PM #1
N2extreme1

Overkill Tank

Coming to a field near you. Took it to its first event this weekend. Did pretty well. Not 100 % done but I was happy with the out come. Here are some pics of the tank in the making.

Gear included is as follows. 360 Turret with 2 114 4500 tanks. Double barrel cannons with custom dual ions in the center. Eclipse launcher for the front and soon to be installed and 8 barrel ion mini gun.

Last edited by N2extreme1 : 11-19-2009 at 05:17 PM.
N2extreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 PM #2
DuckTape Dude
Layin' down the L.A.W.

DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Not the most...uh...intimidating tank i've seen, but hey if it gets the job done who cares. Nice job!
DuckTape Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:15 PM #3
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

good luck with it. what kind of valves are those you used on your twin cannon?

http://1sspanzerkorps.com/
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 PM #4
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Very impressive firepower to this point. Just make sure you leave plenty of space inside for all of the air, paint, and rockets you'll need to go into a long term battle. Dont worry about the comment "not the most uh intimidating tank I have ever seen". This person is sorta stating it looks like a ghetto tank. But, when your in the sites of an AT person or another tank. All tanks even the scaled ones are equal targets. Looks doesnt mean its better. Its what you can dish out that counts. With what you have in firepower here your going to to reak havoc or someone and something.. Your off to a good start. Good luck!!

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Scenerio
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:58 PM #5
N2extreme1

Im not sure on the valves. Labmaster built the cannons. Maybe he will chime in. As for it not being the most intimidating I was going for function more than looks. Wanted to keep it light so I can put more gear and players in it. Currently it holds 5 players. 2 in front, the turret gunner and 2 players in the rear that sit on the back with their legs already on the ground ready to jump out and take over a building after it is blown. Once the main gun is inslalled and it is capable of putting out 200 bps thats all the intimidation I need :-)
Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 AM #6
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Lets here it for the 'ghetto' tanks that are made for FUNCTION and not looks.

Need to start planning your 'upgrades' to all autoloading cannons..... Maybe a belt feed or two or three...

Those look like Suphra Valves with electro valve triggers on them.

I bet he had a LOT of FUN reaming out those 4 way cross fittings.

If he has a source for 2" cross fittings that you don't have to ream out to slide PVC through, I want to know what/where it is...
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:00 AM #7
EGOed

Nice Job on the tank......The cannon valves definitely look like homemade piston valves.....They work extremely well if they are designed properly but they are definitely overkill for a Nerf cannon and are sometimes prone to air leakage ......They are mostly used for extreme power spud cannons.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 PM #8
N2extreme1

Im going to be converting the eclipse launcher to hold more belt fet rounds and have it mounted in the front. I had limited space in the turret.

Oh and the 4 way fittings were reamed.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:34 AM #9
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Those definitely look like supa-valves from spudtech (or whatever they're called now). They are probably the best valves you could have on a pneumatic launcher. The tank looks good. My thoughts on the minigun though. Are you really going to make a functioning minigun? Have you talked to Damon from Scenario Dreams? He made one, but was disappointed with how he has to feed both the air hog and paint hog in it.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:52 PM #10
N2extreme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
Those definitely look like supa-valves from spudtech (or whatever they're called now). They are probably the best valves you could have on a pneumatic launcher. The tank looks good. My thoughts on the minigun though. Are you really going to make a functioning minigun? Have you talked to Damon from Scenario Dreams? He made one, but was disappointed with how he has to feed both the air hog and paint hog in it.
Actually Damon is the one who built it. Here is a link
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2945831
Old 11-20-2009, 03:01 PM #11
TOT Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTape Dude View Post
Not the most...uh...intimidating tank i've seen, but hey if it gets the job done who cares. Nice job!
Funny with the ground troops that support this tank you won't be able to even come close to it.
Proudly Sponsored By: First Strike Paintball, Deadlywind Paintball, FogDoc, and Flurry Industries
TOT Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:27 PM #12
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2extreme1 View Post
Actually Damon is the one who built it. Here is a link
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2945831
Oh that one. I was thinking you were talking about the other one he made. One ion, rotating barrels. I can def see multiple guns firing in sequence being much more feasible. Feeding it will still be hell though. Hope you have a small air cascade and multiple high-end hopper guts. With multiple guns, I can see something like this being uh...intimidating:

Old 11-22-2009, 04:44 PM #13
DuckTape Dude
Layin' down the L.A.W.

DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DuckTape Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOT Taz View Post
Funny with the ground troops that support this tank you won't be able to even come close to it.

Hey dont get defensive! Your firepower can quickly change the mind of any overconfident infantry

How versatile is that golf cart when its fully loaded. Is it really slow?
DuckTape Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 PM #14
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Intimidation and psychological warfare is an important PART of the game.

You can FEEL the momentum of the game SHIFT back and forth just like watching a football game.

One side has some success and they think they can do anything and play according. Espeically with a tank. The other side got spanked and starts playing defensively. You can FEEL the momentum change. Tell when one side is playing like it is beat. And it is.

Tanks can be very intimidating for the inexperienced players which make up about HALF or more of the field on any given weekend.

We tankers LOVE the 'Cockroach Effect'. We show up and all the kids are running every direction and into each other looking for a hole to crawl into. Don't have to fire a shot. Pure intimidation.

We also Love the 'Magic Leafblower Effect'. Had a guy in my walkng tank. Been in it about a half hour and had way too much fun. Used up all my air shooting every Nerf I had. So we insert with 30 minutes left before supper break and are at HQ which is UNDER ATTACK by the whole other team. We get a mission to break through that line of attackers and attack a mid field bunker. A little tough with the whole team between you and the bunker.

The guy says, "I can't go, I'm out of air."

I say, "They don't know that." Just charge the line and they will move out of your way. Make a hole for our squad big enough to get through. Scare them enough to get at least ONE guy alive through that line to go assault that base."

He took off SCREAMING for everyone to get their hands up that didn't want to get shot. Our 10 man squad was 20 yards behind him. The players parted just like Moses parted the waters. They scattered like leaves under the trees and off into the brush. A 'magic leaf blower'. We took about 50% casualties but got 5 guys though WITH the tank.

He thought he was done. "Heck no! Go chase everyone out from around that bunker so we can attack it."

"Oh, OK!" He ran them OUT of the bunker and chased them off into the woods. Never fired a shot.....! We attacked and OCCUPIED it. Turned out their mission was Take and Hold for the same bunker. Not only did we complete OUR mission but busted theirs as well.

Now that doesn't WORK if you run into an experienced player with some anti tank capabilities. While everyone ELSE on his team is running AWAY from the tank. He is running TOWARDS the tank.

Last edited by Boom Master : 11-22-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM #15
N2extreme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTape Dude View Post
Hey dont get defensive! Your firepower can quickly change the mind of any overconfident infantry

How versatile is that golf cart when its fully loaded. Is it really slow?
It only needs to go as fast as walking speed. Thats the good part
Old 11-22-2009, 08:11 PM #16
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando plays in the APPA D3 division
those valves look similiar to some Danz valves i sell for air suspension on trucks and stuff. also smc valves are good too. check out my website for more. http://www.waylayedinc.com/Store/ind...ie5g4teevaooj1
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 AM #17
EGOed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andocommando View Post
those valves look similiar to some Danz valves i sell for air suspension on trucks and stuff. also smc valves are good too. check out my website for more. http://www.waylayedinc.com/Store/ind...ie5g4teevaooj1

The Danz valves you are seeing are not the main power valve for these cannons......The Danz valve is only used as the electro pnuematic trigger pilot for the cannons main power valve... The cannons main power valve is a piston valve built into the 2" PVC "T" of the cannon.......Homemade Piston valves open way faster and have larger porting than most comercially available valves and this is why they are designed and built for use in cannons.....I have built a few piston valves myself similar to the ones on these cannons , but no longer use them because of potential safety issues resulting from the use of PVC valves with compressed air......
Old 12-05-2009, 04:53 PM #18
labmaster

labmaster supports our troops
N2, what was the pressure we needed to get 210+ fps? About 60 to 65 psi I think it was. Well below the working pressure rating (by the way, the working pressure is well below the burst pressure).
labmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:23 PM #19
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
Very impressive firepower to this point. Just make sure you leave plenty of space inside for all of the air, paint, and rockets you'll need to go into a long term battle. Dont worry about the comment "not the most uh intimidating tank I have ever seen". This person is sorta stating it looks like a ghetto tank. But, when your in the sites of an AT person or another tank. All tanks even the scaled ones are equal targets. Looks doesnt mean its better. Its what you can dish out that counts. With what you have in firepower here your going to to reak havoc or someone and something.. Your off to a good start. Good luck!!

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum Scenerio
dont forget skills. A wicked cannon is worthless if you dont practice and are not good with it. Same goes for 3 cannons.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 PM #20
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

you guys should bring this thing to the west point spring game.last year we had some very good tank battles. And there arent any retarded rules like "your tank must move at all times" ect

Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 PM #21
N2extreme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
you guys should bring this thing to the west point spring game.last year we had some very good tank battles. And there arent any retarded rules like "your tank must move at all times" ect
We have a pretty busy schedule but I will keep it in mind.