Community Focus

Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 AM #64
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

has been a member for 10 years
HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboz View Post
I couldn't dissagree with you more. The junkiez were OK, had a couple very good players on that team. But if you talk dominant on the local scene, a few local teams that come to my mind long before the Junkiez:
I agree all the teams you listed were very good, and the int. & open divisions were probly harder than with more good teams like you listed, but I'm speaking purely on natl accomplishments. I know formula had some good events and won 5man a cup but junkiez pretty much made up the 'canes pro team so to say that's not the best run a local team has had I don't know who has beat it. Boston factory was real good for a long time in a very good nppl am a div. But still haver won much and never took the next step even back in 10man when anyone could register as pro. Anyways long live the forum.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
HostileIntent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2009, 08:04 AM #65
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
I should know better... but...

The Junkies never "pretty much made up the 'Canes pro team". They were a big part of what we did, but its just not accurate to say it like that.

When we went pro in 2004, the only Junkies on the team were Rob and Brian.

In 2005, we picked up Poo, but Brian and Poo quit after the first event. Dan joined for the last two events of the season. I forget if Brian and Poo came back in 2006 or 2007.

Rico was on the team in 2007, gone in 2008 and back in 2009.

Son was never really a Junkie (for the purposes of determining the Junkies' impact as a team. Son joined NEH in 2003 at the same time the Junkies did).

Could NEH have done what it did without the Junkies? No. But did NEH do what it did because of the Junkies? No. Or, put another way, could the Junkies have done what they did without Thomas & Billy & Nicky or without Son and Tim Maher?

It was a collaborative effort. The Junkies were the result of what happened to them.

In terms of the top local teams, there is only one I can think of: Dale Costa and Dale White's Team Machine when they had Nubbin, Timmy & Scotty. I think that NEPL team won 4 out of 5 events and came 1 game away from an undefeated season.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM #66
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball

EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboz View Post
I couldn't dissagree with you more. The junkiez were OK, had a couple very good players on that team. But if you talk dominant on the local scene, a few local teams that come to my mind long before the Junkiez:

Exploding White Mice: dominated the NEPL Am division for two years befoer they ceased to exist

Chemichal Imbalance: Dominated both the Int and AM divisions for years

Wild Cards: Won the season the first year of the NEPL

Formula: competed and always finished top 3 in AM at a time there were 3 pro teams playing in that division

'Canes: obvious reasons

Heaven's Machine: dominated the NEPL for two years straight, lost maybe 1 event in that time

FF/187 CREW: dominant on the local scene for YEARS. With the break up of 'canes, arguably the best team in NE at the moment

Wildside: dominant the one full year they played in the NEPL, went on to become the core of Eclipse factory Pro team.

edit: I almost forgot the Ducks, how many years have they been the team to beat in the NEPL?
Skip... The Exploding White Mice I ran from 1988 to 1996 until I brought on Jim masler, Danny, and sean from thunderstorm, merged the guys and played under the thunderstorm name...

Oh, and The Exploding White Mice played one event in 2002 and took first.. It was a good team that day.. hehehe

I thought you knew that...

Might have to put paint through your new ego now... lol
EWMpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:42 AM #67
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
In for a dime, in for a dollar.

The Ducks haven't bee the team to beat in a little while. 187 was the team to beat last year, although the Ducks started out strong. And I'm not sure about 2008, but I think 187 dominated then, too.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:20 PM #68
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
I felt as though the ducks and 187 kind of shared the title for team to beat when 2009 began, but as their NEPL attendance got shaky the entire AM division seemed to results wise.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:41 AM #69
Cowboz

Annual Supporting Member
Cowboz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cowboz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stein View Post

The Ducks haven't bee the team to beat in a little while. 187 was the team to beat last year, although the Ducks started out strong. And I'm not sure about 2008, but I think 187 dominated then, too.
I have to agree with you in '09, and my basis for '08 was what I saw at the start of the year and what I heard when I had to leave the area for a few months.
Special thanks to Fox4 Paintball
Cowboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:43 AM #70
Cowboz

Annual Supporting Member
Cowboz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cowboz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
Skip... The Exploding White Mice I ran from 1988 to 1996 until I brought on Jim masler, Danny, and sean from thunderstorm, merged the guys and played under the thunderstorm name...

Oh, and The Exploding White Mice played one event in 2002 and took first.. It was a good team that day.. hehehe

I thought you knew that...

Might have to put paint through your new ego now... lol
I'm counting from NEPL and I don't 'count the '02 event, you know why...

Oh Jeff,

The machine team you're talkin' about when Machine was one game short of a prefect season was Heaven's machine.
Special thanks to Fox4 Paintball
Cowboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:21 PM #71
Jeffriezz

Jeffriezz supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stein View Post

Jeff in 2008 we won 3 events, finished 2nd in the other two, once to shakedown once to Edit: Armageddon.
DYE Precision | PbNation | ProPaintball | Understood | Rhode Island Paintball | Warzone Paintball & Airsoft Park | OXCC | NEXL
Become a fan at Hurricanes' Facebook Fan Page

QUACK

Last edited by Jeffriezz : 12-22-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Jeffriezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:58 PM #72
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
NTran owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
As far as NEPL in 2008, 187 didn't play.

The Ducks were hands down the best team in 2008 for the NEPLs.
3 1sts and 2 2nds.

I would like to say Armageddon would have been a pretty good contender that year but we lost 4 players after the 2nd event.

187/NeX would have been battling it out in my mind if they were allowed to play that year.

Nationally, I think 187 was more consistent but NeX was able to get better finishes.
UpTon 187 cRew - #4, Coach/Manager
Fox 4 Paintball * Planet Eclipse * G.I. SPORTZ

PM me if you want to set up a TEAM Clinic or INDIVIDUAL Clinic with 187.
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:54 PM #73
ShowtimepB1123
Jimmy Fingass

dale might be one of the best to come out of new england had the honor of playing with him alot at my field and drilling as well as being coached but joe st pierre from showtime back in the day with their old school teams pretty sure won gettysburg and a few other events joe could be all time in one ballin and lockdown paintball
ShowtimepB1123 is offline   Reply With Quote