PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2009, 05:39 PM #1
DemoBaker

DemoBaker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DemoBaker is for the Gunfight
todays events in berlin.

how do you guys feel about todays events at the berlin tournament, as you are germans pro team?
DemoBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2009, 05:27 AM #2
ektschnmen
Model

honestly we don not know what has happenend 100%.
We know that 60 guns were taken by the police and peoples ID`s written down. If things go bad they will face serious charges.

We are shocked by the fact that someone from the paintball scene is supposed to have drwan this matter to the attention of the government.

You know who you are and we wisely advice you to stay down and hide.

It is a nightmare for everyone involved. If i imagine everyones guns being confiscated just like that in our team i can see people loosing fun, excitement and motivation to keeop going with our sport. Much worse though is the feeling of not having any rights or just being pushed around like we are in some form of government regime which i thought had long passed us.

Needless to say that over 65.000€ of equipment have to be replaced, even though i could imagine and fully understand if all of those players simply left our sport and found a safer and more accepted sport like riding horses.
I can understand the dissapointment and anger that comes from all this. It is now important to be smart for everyone involved and to contact a lawyer and see how we can progress from there. Seek the dialogue with the officials and stop the stupid talk rigth know. *****ing is not going to help. organise yourself in groups and contact lawyers together.
Its the group that makes you strong.
I can tell you that the industry in Germany is wide awake and doing everything they can to help and make things easier and better for everyone, no matter which dealer they support or which style of paintball they prefer.

I can only hope that this event is not going to affect the game in germany as a whole. It is hard to understand that we are not supposed to be allowed to play the way paintball is fun.
We all know the rules.
We all know we shouldnt go over 210fps.
We know there is a law.

Laws get changed all the time for less important matters like the area of ground that sportsfisherman are allowed to step on when following a river that runs through private property... Jsut an example.

Imagine having 600HP Nascars that are only allowed to use 1st and 2nd gear
Imagine a Football game in a stadium with 60.000 people where players are not allowed to hit each other with more that walking speed (and have to appologize after)
Imagine Baseball with Eggs.
Imagine a Soccergame where you are forbidden to kick as hard as you can.
Imagine Basketball without slam dunks and blocks.
Imagine wrestling with your hands tied together.
Imagine running a marathon in sandals.
Imagine the x games with limited speed for moto X riders and only mini vert ramps for skateboarders.
Imagine Wayne Gretzky with a cooking spoon as a stick (still the best player of all times )
Imagine the Superball at 8.00 on Monday morning.

Thats how Paintball feels when you have to use 210FPS...

Its what we love to do

any thoughts ????

Last edited by ektschnmen : 11-16-2009 at 05:47 AM.
ektschnmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:58 AM #3
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Maybe .50 cal will be good for you guys.

Even so, your guns have adjustable regs and you can't use ramping.

Over here we contacted the authorities about the regs on our markers. In New Zealand there are a lot of laws around compressed air systems - every regulator sold here technically has to go through a huge registration and testing process. Every tank must be destruction tested and that costs amazing amounts of money. As it is there are only about three HPA tanks that are legal in New Zealand, because we decided some time ago to try and go as legal as we could. We also contacted the authorities about the regulators. We showed them a marker - something like three regulators on every one. The authorities decided they'd let us have it.

Like you, we aren't allowed anything other than pure semi. No ramping. So at all our tournaments ramping is not used at all, and tanks are checked for legality. Now maybe it would be different if we had a joule limit, but we don't, so I guess we're lucky. Perhaps it would have been better for you if you'd talked to the authorities about your markers and tried to get some sense into them as we did. Then again, that sort of thing can backfire.

I find it kind of ironic however that there has just been this huge big deal about the banning of paintball in Germany only to find out that technically speaking it's actually been illegal all along...
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:08 AM #4
ektschnmen
Model

I know that you also have a tough time in NZ. My family emigrated to whakatane 3 years ago...
Personally i dont think Cal. 50 is good for anyone. To shoot straigth you have to turn the gun up to 360 fps and i cant see it being even close to the fun you get from shooting .68 caliber Paintballs.

Cal 50 is too small and the balls will not break.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:19 AM #5
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

not a lot of paintball in whakatane!

Cool to see that you've got kiwi connections - I'm part German (grandfather was originally from Frankfurt) and have a German passport so was actually thinking of going there to work at some stage, but without paintball I'm not so sure!

I'm not a fan of .50 cal myself, but if you were left with no other option it could end up being the way to go. With .50 you would be able to turn the velocity up to 360 under your laws and so it *might* be ok.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 AM #6
ektschnmen
Model

Thats a good point, probably the only one there is to Cal. 50

We have great fields here and actually quite e few decent teams. From time to time we have some political conflicts but mainly we are left alone... but when they hit, they usually hit hard

Last edited by ektschnmen : 11-16-2009 at 06:35 AM.