UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2010, 07:39 PM #65
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
Spartans practiced institutionalized perderasty.
You've got an extra R in there, but yeah.

Where do you think that the academies and military colleges got their freshman/senior mentor relationship thing from?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:45 PM #66
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Added the extra R because this is a Ranger thread
hooah

Last edited by berserker19 : 01-08-2010 at 07:59 PM.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:15 PM #67
kida2
To The Strongest

kida2 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly Milk Man View Post
So did everyones boots in rs get torn up except rocky boots lol?.. Cause every time I hear about rocky boots it's usually being associated w ranger school for some reason.. Are they THAT amazing?
Lots of boots get totally ****ed in Ranger school... especially Blackhawk boots... those things fall apart when you look at them.

Yes, they are THAT amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
Im a 0331 kind of Marine ... Im the kind follows the linage of the Spartans, Roman Legionaries, Mongols and countless other Armys of past.

No man Im just a grunt that wants to go to Rangers. I wanted to go while I was in MARSOC, but didnt have that chance.

The CSM at Benning is getting me in pre and rangers after airborne
Cool, I had two Marines graduate in my class... both of the Recon sort
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".

Last edited by kida2 : 01-08-2010 at 08:18 PM.
kida2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 PM #68
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
No Im just your average grunt man ... Just want to play in the dirt for a few weeks
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 PM #69
kida2
To The Strongest

That's cool... I didn't think any of the armies you spoke of actually had 240s, M2s, or MK19s.... although it couldn't have hurt their cause.

But yea... If you get the chance to go do it.
I want to rage against the world. I want to beat it into submission. I want it to see the hate in my eyes, to feel the rage pouring out of me in blow after blow delivered in a fury that could only be fueled by insanity. I want to shake it so violently that it's afraid it may break and I want to scream with such primal ferocity that it reaches back into the darkest parts of an age when men cowered in caves at the sound of demons. Then, after the wave has subsided and I let go I want to watch it slump into a broken mass, whimpering. When the word "why?" crosses it's bloody swollen lips the only reply that will come is "yes... why?".
Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 PM #70
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
The CMS Rice told the school house to get me a seat ... So Im pretty sure Im going
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 AM #71
kida2
To The Strongest

Cool man, I hope you make it.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 PM #72
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Im looking forward to it
Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 PM #73
MR.JABM

MR.JABM supports our troops
Who does the Army hold in higher regards, SF or Ranger?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 AM #74
kida2
To The Strongest

SF is a step up from Ranger (as in how hard is it to make it through school). Keep in mind that they have totally different jobs and operate in totally different ways. The whole "who's the best SOF guys out there?" doesn't take into account that each branches elite guys fill a different role.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 PM #75
MR.JABM

MR.JABM supports our troops
Yeah, i knew they have totally different jobs, i was just wondering which unit get treated nicer, haha.

Hey kida, does this mean you can grab one of those SCARs now?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM #76
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
I know two people who got recycled on Mountain. One guy recycled twice.

What's it about mountain that makes it so tough? Knots? Physical?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 PM #77
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
APR 30 I head to Pre Rangers
My school date is about 2 weeks after that
Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM #78
kida2
To The Strongest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.JABM View Post
Yeah, i knew they have totally different jobs, i was just wondering which unit get treated nicer, haha.

Hey kida, does this mean you can grab one of those SCARs now?
Well the Ranger Bn guys work with Delta so they get plenty of cool stuff and the SF guys that were in my class said that they have to go through a lot more crap than most people think to get all the cool ****... they still get it but it's not like they hand you a minigun with your Green beret.

I'm not in a Ranger battalion, still in the regular army so I'm still going to rock my M4 until the SCARs come down to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
I know two people who got recycled on Mountain. One guy recycled twice.

What's it about mountain that makes it so tough? Knots? Physical?
Mountains is the hardest phase, I honestly can't remember how I got my "go" there... the knots get some people but not a lot... people quit there because it sucks so bad but they will let you stay if you want and just recycle. They also recycle a certain number of people each phase to help out the next class, it's just luck of the draw on that one. It's the most physical phase. Your ruck gets heaver, the movements get longer, you sleep less and you are traipsing around the mountains... just looking at the map makes you want to say "**** it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
APR 30 I head to Pre Rangers
My school date is about 2 weeks after that
Cool, just remember that pre-Ranger is going to be worse then actual Ranger school. The one I went to had ****ing maniacs for RIs, they smoked the **** out of us all the time. It's actually better that way because when you get to the real school you realize that it could be a lot worse.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM #79
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for the inside on that. Is it like you work 7 days a week or weekends off until you go out on your ops ... Im curious as to when your able to wash your camies and shower

I figure Ill get it worse just cause Im a Marine and everyone has to see who can **** with the Marine the most ...

Last edited by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 : 01-12-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:16 PM #80
kida2
To The Strongest

Are you going to the nasty girl pre-Ranger? It's the one I went to... you wash your **** when you should be sleeping and they only have like 8 washers/ 8 dryers and not all of them work... it sucks.

RAP week... there are like two washers and two dryers on each side of the barracks so good luck with that.

Darby is spent nearly entirely in the field... you won't wash ****. You get an eight hour break after Darby so you can go to a laundromat or if you make friends with someone who has an apartment (a local guy or IOBC guy) you can go do laundry at his place. That's what I did. My recommendation for your 8 hr pass is this: Go to Commandoes and get what you need, go to fiends place and order pizza... lots of pizza and soda (in Florida I ate the better part of three pizzas, two gatorades and like five fun size snickers in under ten minutes, you get hungry) ... put laundry in... fall asleep near door so you can hear delivery guy... chow down and email your unit that you are on your way to mountains/ update friends and family/ generally chill out... make it back early.

In mountains there are plenty of washers and dryers and you will have time to use them... again it's mostly when you should be sleeping but you will be able to use them.

I didn't do a single load of laundry in Florida... some guys did but the machines are kinda far away and if you leave your **** in there it's probably going to get tossed so I didn't chance it.

When you get back for graduation you can use "the boat house" across the street, it's got a bunch of machines in it so you can get your **** clean for graduation.

Oh... they take away your deodorant.... prepare to stink. I would bring no less then 20 pairs of socks and 15 t shirts. That will give you enough of each to get through each phase without really needing to do laundry.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 PM #81
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
No idea what Pre Im going to ... 75th maybe
Old 05-09-2010, 10:12 AM #82
em0r0x0rz

em0r0x0rz is a Supporting Member
any info on RASP would be greatly appreciated. like what kind of physical strengths are most important? ill be going through rasp after osut/airborne. im hoping that the constant training up until then will help out a lot with the demands of RASP
em0r0x0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:18 AM #83
kida2
To The Strongest

It will. I have heard that RASP is mostly getting smoked and making you do stupid **** to see if you will quit. Things like putting up a GP medium then taking it down to move it two feet to the left. Or the guys in hold over who are waiting for a class picking tiny leaves out of a rock pit all day for weeks on end.

As far as getting ready for it all swimming would be good because it's low impact and a total body workout. For ruck marching get on a stair stepper with a 45-50 lb ruck sack and do lots of lunges with it on. You spend a lot of time on a knee in Ranger school so you spend a lot of time using one leg or the other to stand up (lunges) and in mountains you take a lot of little steps that take you a very short distance (stair stepper). Make sure you can run the five miles on a road (not a track) in <38 min and do your pullups from a dead hang.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:25 AM #84
Deadly Milk Man (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
It will. I have heard that RASP is mostly getting smoked and making you do stupid **** to see if you will quit. Things like putting up a GP medium then taking it down to move it two feet to the left. Or the guys in hold over who are waiting for a class picking tiny leaves out of a rock pit all day for weeks on end.

As far as getting ready for it all swimming would be good because it's low impact and a total body workout. For ruck marching get on a stair stepper with a 45-50 lb ruck sack and do lots of lunges with it on. You spend a lot of time on a knee in Ranger school so you spend a lot of time using one leg or the other to stand up (lunges) and in mountains you take a lot of little steps that take you a very short distance (stair stepper). Make sure you can run the five miles on a road (not a track) in <38 min and do your pullups from a dead hang.
I was in holdover for about a month before i said **** it all, and that's pretty much exactly what we did every day, plus 2000 (time.. not 2 thousand) formations every ****ing day, including weekend morning/night formations.

They were re-doing one of the barracks so along with other ****ty details, we moved EVERY OBJECT from one building to another building.. and then back to a different building after we set up all the bunks/lockers/everything

and for the pullups.. depends on your grader but normally he'll stand right in front of you as you hang and if you swing while you go up a few inches and touch him, you're either DQ'q or he doesn't count that one.

..the gayness level depends on how many people they need to get rid of (always too many people, they get rid of infantry the most and anything you **** up on will be the end for you if you're infantry)..

I've known cooks and **** that **** up and want to quit but they just tell them to get the **** back in formation.. they need non-infantry guys
Deadly Milk Man is offline   Reply With Quote