red4
Sherman Reynolds

has been a member for 10 years
red4 is BST Trusted
red4 plays in the PSP
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
red4 plays in the APPA D3 division
not sure what is going on with your guns...i have #56 and once i got all the updates installed and tuned it to the recommendations with the instructions provided...its cherry. i shot about 2 cases of marb today in sub 40 weather with wind chill making it lower and not one barrel break or chop. the paint was very fresh...as i dropped it waist high on pavement and it broke. was breaking great on ppl and bunkers...i love the NT...i hope you guys get yours up and running. keep at it guys its worth it
Old 12-27-2009, 09:34 PM #65
john ho

What settings where you using?
john ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:49 PM #66
tweeter4
Quinn Nadu

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tweeter4 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by sku01 View Post
I also have all the updates... actually tried parts from multiple update kits just to be sure. Not chopping... just barrel breaks. Also turned my rotor tension way down... no help. I am thinking that since mine was one of the first batch... they have some other fixes they have made to the new ones... apart from the update kit fixes. I will ask them tomorrow.

Well if you arent chopping and are getting barrel breaks then the likley cause is a bad paint to bore match or just flat out bad paint
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:42 PM #67
sku01

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks for the help. This week I am going to extensively test some different paints to see what the result is. I have every barrel back I think I need to test the barrel to paint match. (.688, .690 and .692). I will let you know the results. I am also going to try the dwell at 8 with no spacers as well!
sku01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:43 PM #68
immunity

Here is my experience of the NT. I got my 1st NT around end of september from of the dealers here in Asia. When I tested the NT in the shop without shooting any paints just air there wasn't any kick on the NT and I fell in love with it. Finally the day after next when I got myself to the field and starting shooting with it paint was chopping 2-3 times after each pod. What I did was I resetted the settings to default factory (thought maybe the guy at the shop change the dwell settings) and the paint didnt chop but there was a slight leakage of air from the bolt chamber. I thought it was the o-ring problem but since it was new I called up my dealer and they told me not to change any o-ring or anything they will replace another NT for me during the WCA-09 in Malaysia. Finally during the WCA-09 they replace a new NT for me so currently this is my 2nd NT. My settings on it currently :

Dwell : 6
ROF : 12.98 bps
Chrono : 295
1 spacer

I've been shooting the marker for the past 3 weeks with this settings, no chopping, no paint break, don't have the kick/draw like when you shoot a DM, and normally I can't fully field my tank here so for around 2000 psi I shoot around 5 pods of paints. All in all the NT lives up to its standard The only thing about the NT is the hyper 3 regulator on mine is kinda loose (if you get what I mean) I went through the whole manual and try tightening it but still kinda loose to me.
immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:53 AM #69
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
red4 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ho View Post
What settings where you using?
settings on my NT:
dwell: 6
input pressure: 130ish
insert tip: blue
spacers: body + 1
barrel/bore: lucky 15 .689 (was a perfect match for the paint)
FPS: 190ish
Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 AM #70
john ho

Why were you shooting at 190 fps?
john ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:53 AM #71
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
reg loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by immunity View Post
Here is my experience of the NT. I got my 1st NT around end of september from of the dealers here in Asia. When I tested the NT in the shop without shooting any paints just air there wasn't any kick on the NT and I fell in love with it. Finally the day after next when I got myself to the field and starting shooting with it paint was chopping 2-3 times after each pod. What I did was I resetted the settings to default factory (thought maybe the guy at the shop change the dwell settings) and the paint didnt chop but there was a slight leakage of air from the bolt chamber. I thought it was the o-ring problem but since it was new I called up my dealer and they told me not to change any o-ring or anything they will replace another NT for me during the WCA-09 in Malaysia. Finally during the WCA-09 they replace a new NT for me so currently this is my 2nd NT. My settings on it currently :

Dwell : 6
ROF : 12.98 bps
Chrono : 295
1 spacer

I've been shooting the marker for the past 3 weeks with this settings, no chopping, no paint break, don't have the kick/draw like when you shoot a DM, and normally I can't fully field my tank here so for around 2000 psi I shoot around 5 pods of paints. All in all the NT lives up to its standard The only thing about the NT is the hyper 3 regulator on mine is kinda loose (if you get what I mean) I went through the whole manual and try tightening it but still kinda loose to me.
The metal reg body is loose or the rubber cover? I hate the rubber cover on the dye regs......if I had an NT I would probably just krazy glue the rubber to one half of the reg body so it would stay put but allow the reg to unscrew for maintenance.

If it's the metal body unscrewing on you, and tightening isn't working, put a tiny bit of teflon tape on the threads to tighten them up a bit. Make sure you only put the tape towards the bottom of the threads so none of it actually gets into the inner workings of the gun. You could also use a tiny dab of blue locktite for this.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 AM #72
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
red4 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ho View Post
Why were you shooting at 190 fps?
Sorry, didn't proof read it first...290ish was my velocity.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:30 AM #73
x-amg

i actually changed my nt back to the old spring and it doesn't chop or leak where as the new spring i cant get my bolt to cycle without getting close to over pressurizing... just a thought.
x-amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM #74
tweeter4
Quinn Nadu

Annual Supporting Member
tweeter4 posts videos on PbNation
tweeter4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tweeter4 is Boss
Okay to everyone in this thread saying that there settings arent working or are getting bad experiances, please just try the posted settings. I tested every possible setting using about 10 cases in the process and found this to work best!
tweeter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:15 PM #75
WldWzl
Limp Gawd

WldWzl donated to help Peyton Trent
WldWzl supports our troops
Still running settings from post 1, Dwell 7, blue insert, and just the spacer body and have put about 8 cases through the marker with no issues. The only updated part I have to date is the ASA.
WldWzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 PM #76
MstrKey

springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-amg View Post
i actually changed my nt back to the old spring and it doesn't chop or leak where as the new spring i cant get my bolt to cycle without getting close to over pressurizing... just a thought.
I think what's going on is some bolts are machined tighter and need a heavier spring, while some are machined loose fitting and require a lighter spring. The timing in the two stage bolt operation is just a bit touchy that's all.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:33 AM #77
x-amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
I think what's going on is some bolts are machined tighter and need a heavier spring, while some are machined loose fitting and require a lighter spring. The timing in the two stage bolt operation is just a bit touchy that's all.
i see what your saying.. only thing i dont like is what if im cleaning my gun at the field and i loose the spring. i cant just grab my spare or someone elses nt spring. it might work it might not... so my bolt might work in your gun it but your might not work in mine... just kinda inconsistent for such a high end gun.
x-amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:13 AM #78
immunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
The metal reg body is loose or the rubber cover? I hate the rubber cover on the dye regs......if I had an NT I would probably just krazy glue the rubber to one half of the reg body so it would stay put but allow the reg to unscrew for maintenance.

If it's the metal body unscrewing on you, and tightening isn't working, put a tiny bit of teflon tape on the threads to tighten them up a bit. Make sure you only put the tape towards the bottom of the threads so none of it actually gets into the inner workings of the gun. You could also use a tiny dab of blue locktite for this.
Its the metal body. I'll try it out and thanx for the info.
immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 PM #79
MstrKey

spring a ding ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-amg View Post
i see what your saying.. only thing i dont like is what if im cleaning my gun at the field and i loose the spring. i cant just grab my spare or someone elses nt spring. it might work it might not... so my bolt might work in your gun it but your might not work in mine... just kinda inconsistent for such a high end gun.
Well, losing any part of your bolt would be a bad idea. Nobody really carries spares, so you're pretty much screwed in that case either way I think.

I'm not sure what the specs on the bolt springs are, but it would be interesting to swap them out for heavier or lighter springs of the same size to see what type of results you get.

In the meantime, anyone having a problem with breakage could possibly try to play around with their orings to see if they can find a configuration that allows the internals controlled by the spring to move easier. Not all orings are created exactly the same size so if you play around you might come up with something that works better with your current spring. Maybe test the metal parts to make sure there is no metal on metal contact causing issues.
I'd do it myself but I don't own an NT, so I'm talking theoretical here. I'm not even exactly sure how everything is configured inside.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 AM #80
dyeballer101

dyeballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dyeballer101 supports Team VICIOUS
so im ordering my NT next wednesday, (thats when i get paid) should i expect it to have problems outta the box? or are they all fixed now. this is a huge upgrade for me, going from a mini, that i got lucky with and shoots amazing outta the box and didn't get a lemon. hoping to get lucky again with the NT although when you pay that much for a gun there shouldn't be any worrying involved, but i guess ill find out next week.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 AM #81
Vissa
Vaporized!

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeballer101 View Post
so im ordering my NT next wednesday, (thats when i get paid) should i expect it to have problems outta the box? or are they all fixed now. this is a huge upgrade for me, going from a mini, that i got lucky with and shoots amazing outta the box and didn't get a lemon. hoping to get lucky again with the NT although when you pay that much for a gun there shouldn't be any worrying involved, but i guess ill find out next week.
Just shoot it. I've it's having problems you can look inside the gun i've the updates are installed.

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from Dye Europe, it's arrived @ my local Dye dealer yesterday. Tomorrow I'm going to pick it up and check i've the updates are in the gun and how it shoots, let you know.
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:08 AM #82
Vissa
Vaporized!

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Got him!

What a beauty, I love it!

Then again, when I first aired the gun up it was leaking badly from the bleedvalve button. I was pissed of because it's a new gun, you pay 1500+ for it and it leaks, like what the....

Took the bolt apart, the section were the bleed button was attached to was just loose, not even screwed in properly! Aired it up and fixed.

Then, the first shot, pssssttt... Leakage from the ASA knob, I was like, what the #$#@@#! Took the ASA apart and fixed the problem. Now it's not leaking anymore and it shoots tits! Real tits! Has some ,, kick '' to it like my Geo had without the Soft Touch kit. Also the sound signature is a bit louder then my Geo with ST kit but it's brand new, first gonna break it in and then will see. Not that a bother the sound / little kick it has, not at all!

But when you pay that amount of money you should get a propper working gun, not a gun that is leaking from all sides. Bad bad Dye! Lucky I CAN fix problems like that, lot of people will just send the gun back....

About the updates, they are all in! ASA, Eyepipe, spring and the cutted bumper! Thanks you Dye for that!

Grips is a pain in the *** the first time hahaha! Now it's easy!
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 PM #83
MoB StronG

I have the same exact color NT buddy!!! The beast is such a beauty! ;P ahaha and dont worry, the gun will become smoother, and quieter over the time of u breaking the gun in... you'll C the difference after shooting a cple cases through it!

Settings that was originally posted, works wonders!!! Very consistent, very little to no kic, pretty quiet, and efficient! =D Im very happy with the NT! i dont think i will b letting this gun go for a very long time! ;P

"If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for. -Tupac Shakur
MoB StronG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 PM #84
Pensacolaballer
Panhandle Assassin

Pensacolaballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
My personal favorite settings are:
dwell at 7
130psi
all 4 spacers
blue flow insert.

You wouldn't believe how quiet this thing is. I love my baby
Pensacolaballer is offline   Reply With Quote