Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbob1088 View Post
I understand the decision, and I'm not freaking out about it like a lot of people are, but I'm going to say it was a bad decision. I'd agree with it if they were further down the field, but at your 30, you have to punt.
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 PM #317
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
I wonder what's the Pats defense feeling right now. Bellicheck not having faith in his own defense.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:29 PM #318
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
^^ good point.

I didnt agree with it either, just playing DA on this one too.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM #319
Got_Hemi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah 85 View Post
I wonder what's the Pats defense feeling right now. Bellicheck not having faith in his own defense.
Or maybe he had enough faith in his defense to hold back the colts on the 30 if the offense didn't convert.
Got_Hemi44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:06 PM #320
demonic_dimebag v4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito77 View Post
I wish they could have reviewed the spot of the ball on that 4th down cuz damn that was close.
I may be mistaken but it appeared to me he didn't have possession until after he started moving backwards, thus making the spot of the ball where he gained possession of the ball.
"Originally posted by Bandwagon Fan UNK: aww whos the lucky guy, will we be seeing you two on a match.com commercial? Yes bush is a better receiver than CJ, once again this forum is a joke for football talk. Go to a REAL football forum and youd clowns be laughed off, thats why you all gather to this pos paintball forum who the **** plays paintball anyway, to talk football when no ones played, and no one knows **** just watchs espn. Its so funny its entertaining which is why i keep comeing back, keep owning and keep makeing kids stick remote controlls up their *** in their anger."
demonic_dimebag v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM #321
snakeballa31291

snakeballa31291 plays in the USPL
snakeballa31291 plays in the PSP
It was def not a first down, it was a dumb play and should never have happened
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM #322
Got_Hemi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeballa31291 View Post
It was def not a first down, it was a dumb play and should never have happened
If they converted would you still say it was a dumb play?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:58 PM #323
demonic_dimebag v4

Of course not. It's not dumb until it fails.
"Originally posted by Bandwagon Fan UNK: aww whos the lucky guy, will we be seeing you two on a match.com commercial? Yes bush is a better receiver than CJ, once again this forum is a joke for football talk. Go to a REAL football forum and youd clowns be laughed off, thats why you all gather to this pos paintball forum who the **** plays paintball anyway, to talk football when no ones played, and no one knows **** just watchs espn. Its so funny its entertaining which is why i keep comeing back, keep owning and keep makeing kids stick remote controlls up their *** in their anger."
demonic_dimebag v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:01 PM #324
RonnieColeman2
Don't Shoot! Let Em Burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic_dimebag v4 View Post
Of course not. It's not dumb until it fails.

I really dont understand why this is such a crazy unbelieveable call. They could have essentially ended the game right there.

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not."

“Obsession is what lazy people call dedication”

Originally Posted By NAACP. ="Basketball in NY is probably double what football is to Texas."
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
RonnieColeman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:03 PM #325
shagohod
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

woulda been more funny if it got intercepted

shagohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:45 PM #326
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dangerous View Post
I'd rather make Peyton Manning have to drive the ball 60-70 yards down the field with 0 timeouts and like 1:35-1:45 left, than give him a short field to work with.

Stupidest thing I've seen in football in quite some time, maybe ever.
Yeah, but 1:40 is still plenty of time for Peyton to go the length of the field, that's why Bill made that call. That call itself I think was extremely risky, but I understand why he did it. Both teams have such high powered offenses you expect yours to be able to make it, and also fear the opponents ability to race right back down the field.

I am far more upset about the poor time out management. I think if he could have challenged, we would be looking at a patriots victory this morning. It looked to me that though Faulk initially bobbled the pass, he controlled the pass by bringing it to his stomach while he was still past the sticks, and then was driven back. You could see also the ref was looking at Faulk's back so he saw him bobble it, but he did not see the point at which he gained possession. I think had they been able to challenge he would have been awarded forward progress, but due to horrible timeout management by the patriots it was not possible to challenge.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:56 PM #327
pballer13

pballer13 helped look for balloons
pballer13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballer13 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post

I am far more upset about the poor time out management. I think if he could have challenged, we would be looking at a patriots victory this morning. It looked to me that though Faulk initially bobbled the pass, he controlled the pass by bringing it to his stomach while he was still past the sticks, and then was driven back. You could see also the ref was looking at Faulk's back so he saw him bobble it, but he did not see the point at which he gained possession. I think had they been able to challenge he would have been awarded forward progress, but due to horrible timeout management by the patriots it was not possible to challenge.
by bobbling the ball you lose forward progression, so the ball is marked where the ball is when the player is down. He was hit backwards, behind the sticks, and since he does not get forward progression, they were a yard short. Good call by the ref.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:00 PM #328
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
Yeah, but 1:40 is still plenty of time for Peyton to go the length of the field, that's why Bill made that call. That call itself I think was extremely risky, but I understand why he did it. Both teams have such high powered offenses you expect yours to be able to make it, and also fear the opponents ability to race right back down the field.

Word for word my thoughts exactly
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM #329
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-

As a Colts fan, I was terrified when BB sent the offense back onto the field. I thought that the likelihood of the Colts driving 70 yards and scoring a TD within 2 minutes was far greater than the likelihood of our defense stopping the Pats on fourth down.

That said, the actual play call was terribly stupid. We know that Brady can throw and the Pats have great receivers. Also, the Colts secondary had been getting beat all night (although that was mostly on big plays). We also know that the Colts have never had a terrific run defense.

My question is: Why run that final play our of the empty set? You are basically telling the Colts "WE ARE PASSING HERE!" We didn't even need to respect teh run one bit there. At least put a RB in the backfield so that we have run in the back of our minds.

The worst part of BB going for it on 4th down was the actual play he called (if he was even the one to call it....)
Old 11-16-2009, 05:22 PM #330
Got_Hemi44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeo View Post
My question is: Why run that final play our of the empty set? You are basically telling the Colts "WE ARE PASSING HERE!" We didn't even need to respect teh run one bit there. At least put a RB in the backfield so that we have run in the back of our minds.
Because the patriots have used that exact play on numerous key downs in the past and it has worked.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:12 PM #331
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
As a Colts fan, I was terrified when BB sent the offense back onto the field. I thought that the likelihood of the Colts driving 70 yards and scoring a TD within 2 minutes was far greater than the likelihood of our defense stopping the Pats on fourth down.

That said, the actual play call was terribly stupid. We know that Brady can throw and the Pats have great receivers. Also, the Colts secondary had been getting beat all night (although that was mostly on big plays). We also know that the Colts have never had a terrific run defense.

The worst part of BB going for it on 4th down was the actual play he called (if he was even the one to call it....)
I agree with this. All of it.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 PM #332
PION
the sleeping giant

PION is a founding member
Im just upset that Freeny didnt get a sack on that pretty boy dousher...
Old 11-17-2009, 08:44 PM #333
jogabonito77
<<<I'LL USE THE BAN STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PION View Post
Im just upset that Freeny didnt get a sack on that pretty boy dousher...
Brady would've taken the hit, not fallen down like a little girl.
jogabonito77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:17 PM #334
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Sebastian Vollmer dominated Freeney. And people were questioning him.

<3 Vollmer.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:00 AM #335
$og$

Quote:

Honestly, I thought Brady was going to take off and run for it. I seriously did not for one second believe he was going to throw the ball.

The call to go for it is exactly what I would have done. Manning had just ripped down the field in all of what? 1 minute on 5 plays for a TD against your tired, undermanned defense? Yea, going for it was really the only option. If this was the 03 or 04 Pats defense I'd say **** yea punt it, but in that situation you dont give Peyton the short field. People have this misconception that Peyton isnt clutch, quite the opposite and Bill knew it. He knew if he was going to hold on to this lead it was going to have to be with the offense.

Now, my issue with it was the play call. The empty set gave me the idea Brady was going to run, this wasnt the case. The route was just barely enough, and I really thought they were going to take a shot at Moss on a pump and go and score. No lie. It was poor play calling and just as bad execution. I think Brady needs to look to run in that situation or look for the best hands on the team in Moss.

Soccer moms work out, athletes train.
$og$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 AM #336
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
Maybe they thought he might be doubled thinking the Colts knew they will go to him and didn't want to take the risk.