Community Focus

Old 05-07-2014, 07:58 PM #1
todamax369
Dustin

todamax369 is BST Trusted
todamax369 is playing at Living Legends VII
todamax369 posts videos on PbNation
todamax369 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Nt11 Not Firing - Video Posted To Help!!

Hello Nation, NT11 not firing. Please see short video with description. THANK YOU!!

todamax369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2014, 08:44 PM #2
ExoSpy

Annual Supporting Member
ExoSpy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just to double check, you checked the o-rings on the spool inside the plunger as well and lubed those? Also you may want to try replacing the spool spring. Since you're getting pressure at the back cap, I'm thinking that the spool isn't moving enough to allow the air to push the bolt forward.
ExoSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:09 PM #3
todamax369
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoSpy View Post
Just to double check, you checked the o-rings on the spool inside the plunger as well and lubed those? Also you may want to try replacing the spool spring. Since you're getting pressure at the back cap, I'm thinking that the spool isn't moving enough to allow the air to push the bolt forward.
Okay, I'll check the spring out. I mean it's present and not really sure how to tell if it's lost it's "spring" or not but I'll check it. Thank you for the input.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:10 PM #4
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
1. you NEED a pressure tester
2. dwell?
3. keep turning up the pressure till you hear it venting, does it shoot?
4. NEVER shoot without your barrel or your eyepipe will fly out or break.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 PM #5
todamax369
Dustin

Okay I'll check those, I'm pretty dwell is stock. To the best of my memory marker shot beautifully last I used it a month ago (not my main shooter). But I'll confirm that.

I never thought the pressure tester was that pertinent assuming dye would include such a critical necessity in the selling of their NT markers. 135psi should be fiveish turns out, no? While that may not be exact without a pressure tester the bolt should still cycle no?

And thank you on the tip about the eyepipe/barrel.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:11 AM #6
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
I just think every DM/NT owner in general should have one for the $25 it is. It just makes life easier when you have an issue and know what the pressure is. Of course you can keep fiddling and guessing all day long but thats not an exact science.

When its venting you know its above 150.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:30 AM #7
Autocrat

A complete set of new o-rings has always fixed my issues of half cycling or what not.
Autocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:02 AM #8
the korean1
Team Carnage

Had the same issue the other day. My 11 was not cycling. Getting pressure and etc.
Found out later that when I changed my bps. My dwell reset to no blinks. Reset to previous number and bingo.. up and running!
that was after I broke it down to see what may have happened....
Old 05-10-2014, 12:40 PM #9
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
Step 1: check your regulator and air passages, to ensure they're clear and the full pressure is getting to the bolt. Even if the back button is pushed out, your bolt may not be getting the full 110+ psi. It may be getting 80-90psi due to dirt/debris.

Step 2: Dwell.... set it manually. Don't trust it.

Step 3: Check your solenoid. Take it apart (into the two pieces) and inspect it for debris in the airways.

If you need to.... **** it, just crank the pressure up some more. If it suddenly starts cycling, then you may have too much drag on the bolt.... so you'll need to possibly change o-rings on the plunger. I used a size smaller on some of my o-rings to make it slide easier.
If it still doesn't cycle by the time it starts leaking/venting from the solenoid (150-ish psi), then it might be the solenoid itself.

Also, check the front o-ring on the spool (the alone one). If you're not sure, just swap it with one of the other spool o-rings on the back of the spool.

I blog.

Last edited by the other one : 05-10-2014 at 12:46 PM.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:30 PM #10
todamax369
Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
Step 1: check your regulator and air passages, to ensure they're clear and the full pressure is getting to the bolt. Even if the back button is pushed out, your bolt may not be getting the full 110+ psi. It may be getting 80-90psi due to dirt/debris.

Step 2: Dwell.... set it manually. Don't trust it.

Step 3: Check your solenoid. Take it apart (into the two pieces) and inspect it for debris in the airways.

If you need to.... **** it, just crank the pressure up some more. If it suddenly starts cycling, then you may have too much drag on the bolt.... so you'll need to possibly change o-rings on the plunger. I used a size smaller on some of my o-rings to make it slide easier.
If it still doesn't cycle by the time it starts leaking/venting from the solenoid (150-ish psi), then it might be the solenoid itself.

Also, check the front o-ring on the spool (the alone one). If you're not sure, just swap it with one of the other spool o-rings on the back of the spool.
You sir were correct with solenoid and air passage ways. Thank you very much. I broke down solenoid and wedged within is what appeared to be an extremely small metal shaving that must have broken off my tank threads as it resembled the same color. Cleaned and lubed everything back up and it fires wonderfully. Thank you all for your prompt input and advice!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:48 PM #11
Tas95xo
Shoot-Kill-Win

Tas95xo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tas95xo supports Team VICIOUS
Tas95xo posts videos on PbNation
Tyr to set your dwell to 7 or higher as stated above, mine was set at 6 and got nothing but balls falling out of barrel, put to 7 with no spacer & blue. Works awseome
Old 05-11-2014, 10:09 PM #12
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by todamax369 View Post
You sir were correct with solenoid and air passage ways. Thank you very much. I broke down solenoid and wedged within is what appeared to be an extremely small metal shaving that must have broken off my tank threads as it resembled the same color. Cleaned and lubed everything back up and it fires wonderfully. Thank you all for your prompt input and advice!
Glad to help.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote