Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 AM #1
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Detent ideas?

I have an older pgp

I lost one of the detents that keeps the bolt from kicking back when the marker is fired, the only place I have found replacment detents is on RCPaintball..

the issue is not that they want a $1.00 per detent but more the issue of with tax and shipping and such its about $5.00/$6.00 for a ball about the size of a pea..

I was just currious if anyone else has had this problem and what they might have done to fix it. I have looked at some hardware stores for un packed bearings but no luck there.

Just a tad bit annoying to have it kick back everytime its shot.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:30 PM #2
Dr. Isotope
Pipboy equipped

I know Speed Demon bolts use plain old steel 1/4" balls for their detents. You should be able to pick one up at any ACE/True Value or similar hardware store with a Serv-a-Lite loose hardware selection-- not Home Depot, Lowe's, etc-- they won't carry that sort of thing. A single bearing will probably set you back maybe 25¢.

I skipped that step and bought a box of 250 from McMaster Carr for a few bucks. Every time I strip one of my guns down, I throw away the detent balls and replace them. Hard not to when they're about 2¢ each.
Dr. Isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:17 PM #3
Monkeyboy13
Like-a-SoOoOmboOoOoOdeee!

try the hardware store

Autococker, the true test of simple intelligence.
Did you pass?

Have a broken gun? pm me

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Monkeyboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 PM #4
MrBig

has been a member for 10 years
I have a couple of them. PM me we can work something out for a replacement one.
MrBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:58 PM #5
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Thanks everyone for the ideas and the info, I'll try ace hardware as there is one a few miles away.. shortly after posting I actually had an idea that will hold me over untill I make my way to the store, I took a captive bead from one of my earings and sized it up next to the detent bearing and it was pretty much spot on..so untill I get to ace its actually holding up with that.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote