PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-04-2001, 12:47 PM #1
Python14
Another question from the Python

Okay, well, The new field here in Roanoke is opening soon and alot of the areas players are coming out of the woodwork. The cool part is most shoot ultima-expensive Angels but the bad part is that I'm getting smoked by them. Me and my Spyder aren't exactly "a force to recon with". I send a 9 ball burst to them, they send 20. Stacked odds really. Well, I decided that it is time for me to do some upgrades. I decided to buy an Angel. But I don't know which one. There are so many models avalible. Some are just pretty milling and color but some are total performance, the thing is I DON'T KNOW WHATS WHAT! As a first Angel, what would yall recommend? I know this thread has a billion brothers and sisters on this board but I don't have the time to look right now(I've got to go to work in like 2 minutes). I will probably by used just to save money for paint and air so it's probably can't be the newest most awsome most expensive angel out. I just want a fast trigger, that I can hopefully do some upgrading to. Thanks.

BTW, For those who will recommend other electros, I can tell you now , NO. The only other electro I'd ever consider is the E-Matrix and I still have issues with it's gas effeciency(SP?) so it's just gonna be Angels. Thanks again.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2001, 01:49 PM #2
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think your priorities are misplaced when you think buying an Angel is going to make you a god on the field. You can't buy skill, which is what it sounds like you're trying to do, from your post.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I've seen much of the world... It is brutal, and cruel, and dark."
Old 11-04-2001, 02:05 PM #3
RAT TAT TAT

RAT TAT TAT is a founding member
well... if you think that the angel will work to suit your needs, then the only on ei suggest starting off with (especially since you dont know what it will do for your game) is STOCK! a black stock 2k1.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:32 PM #4
Python14
I can hold my own on the field. Don't get me wrong. It's just that it takes alot of effort to stay in the game so it's no longer fun to play rec ball(much less tournies). But it doesn't matter anyway, cuz it'll take me a long while (such as 6 or 7 months)to come up with the cash to buy an Angel so by then, I'll be better so it will make a difference.

Old 11-04-2001, 05:31 PM #5
Pablo2K4
gillette bayonette

Pablo2K4 is a Supporting Member
You can always get a cocker. I have an angel on the way, but I am shooting a revenge right now. Only me and one other kid on our team shoot cockers, the rest have angels. Me and him can compete just as good. As long as I can get a string of 3-4 balls off when I snap shoot, I am a happy camper.

Also, if you could get a cocker much faster than an angel if you were in a hurry to get a new marker.

Tyler
on another note, the kids on teh Barney show were, undisputably the first scene kids.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:41 PM #6
Python14
I'm in no real hurry. I haven't had my Spyder very long and I wanna get some time with it so mayby, just mayby, I can upgrade it to perform like I want it to. I have thought of getting a cocker but I'd mess it up to easily. I tinker with things to much and if I got a cocker, it'd be in 50 pieces on my desk, and I wouldn't have a clue how to time it. Plus, I fell in love with the Angel trigger a few weeks ago and I won't go back. The other reason I might be upgrading to an Angel is because my team is thinking about it and we want a more "Avalanche" look. But thanks again.

Old 11-04-2001, 05:46 PM #7
QuikSilver
Team Mavericks

I would like to see a spyder shoot 9 rounds, and an angel shoot 20...
Old 11-04-2001, 06:54 PM #8
BigMack
playground

BigMack is a founding member
lol, the "avalanche" look.

Playground Legends
Old Trust • R.I.P. Ron Butler • New Trust
Old 11-04-2001, 07:03 PM #9
AngelBoy

If you aren't looking for an LCD, I'd go with an old Dark Angel. Try to find one that's pretty tricked and has been used a lot. I've seen somebody go through that experiance and the gun works sweet.

If your'e lookin for an lcd, go with a stock black 2k1. I'd stay away from the 2k cuz mine had a bunch of problems and I heard about more that had problems.

Pewter Nerve, 45/68 Maxflo

'99 Dark LED
Old 11-04-2001, 07:40 PM #10
illustrious666

I agree with most everyone else. A stock black 2k1 LCD would be fine.... UNLESS you want the Lifetime warrenty. In that case, find a used Dark.

I also agree with dzhezKov. If you want to look cool, mabey try going with some kind of tricked 'Cocker... or even an Excalibur since you are so worried about efficiency.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:13 PM #11
Pablo2K4
gillette bayonette

Pablo2K4 is a Supporting Member
I would also like to see a spyder shoot nine rounds and an angel shoot 20. My friend has a single trigger adrenalin and the most I've ever seen him shoot was like 11-12 when he came around wide on my bunker and lit me up.

I agree with angelboy, you can get a used angel and nitro tank for the price of a new angel.

good luck,

Tyler
on another note, the kids on teh Barney show were, undisputably the first scene kids.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:44 PM #12
Python14
Okay, first off, the thing about 9 .vs. 20 was a little bit of angry sarcasm. Minus 4 or 5 from both sides and you'll get the numbers right. Second, I have been thinking of a Black '01 LCD but the prices I still find offends my wallet. Like I said tho, it might be a while before I get my hands on one so the price will probably go down. But I was sorta looking at LEDs also. I know they are sorta the old religion in Angels but they still spark my interest. I've shot them before as well but most were so far into upgrades that not much remained of the original gun. I don't really need the whole "Do you really think it will help" speech because cuz your trying to convert the converted. Thats why I sold my mag and got a Spyder. But yea, Anyone got any ideas about LEDs? I don't need or want fancy milling or anno. I want a machine that feels good in my hands and is capable of a maddening rof
. thanks

Old 11-04-2001, 09:16 PM #13
Budha
Paint Slüt

python, anyone who tells you an angel wont up your game reads action pursuit games too much... An angel lets you shoot VERY VERY fast. Having that type of speed lets you hit poeple easier while they are running, and when you are snap shooting, and just all around ease of a 1mm trigger. The angel will make you more confident in yourself while playing, so you may try gutsier (sp?) moves. Now you will need some skill, but she will enhance it.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 11-05-2001, 01:00 AM #14
Angel Abuser

Python, perhaps you should just invest in a boo-yah from until you can afford an angel. Just a thought...
Old 11-05-2001, 01:06 AM #15
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
LOL Avalanche 'look'. Another example of the cosmopolitan complex in paintball. Try going for the Avalanche 'play' instead. It hurts less.

"I've seen much of the world... It is brutal, and cruel, and dark."
Old 11-05-2001, 02:28 AM #16
bart

Burst!!!!

Guys Guys he said 9 and 20 shot burst!!!
He did not say per second, and I say that if you were using a non electro all day as compared to an Angel it is reasonable to say that it would be much easier to sustain 20 shot bursts/strings with an Angel over a Spyder with a mechanical trigger.
So I actually agree with his statement to a point.
Old 11-05-2001, 03:22 PM #17
Python14
Quote:
Originally posted by dzhezKov
LOL Avalanche 'look'. Another example of the cosmopolitan complex in paintball. Try going for the Avalanche 'play' instead. It hurts less.
Whats that suppose to mean? I was just stating that my team was opting to go for a more unified look. Jt googles, Angels, and shaggy hair. Is there something wrong with that?

Old 11-05-2001, 05:37 PM #18
BAngelLcd
reading rainbow! I can...

hey noah if i were u i would buy a centerflag hyperframe 4 ur spyder since boo-yaah went outa buisness i had a boo-yaah on my mag and it was a piece of crap. If u want an angel get like a used LED, oh yeah can u tell me the kids in Roanoke who have angels? I sure didnt know any when i lived there
ans do u play in Salem or is there a field in Roanoke now? this summer i might go 2 Roanoke so i can show off my mad skillz at ur field . i will have an angel that looks almost identical 2 RAngelLcd's
10" & 12'' freak set
two 14'' dye boomsticks
68/45 centerflag cube
Warped Sportz Cradle
Old 11-05-2001, 05:41 PM #19
BAngelLcd

http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31251

that is where u kind find the pic of what my angel is gunna look like noah
10" & 12'' freak set
two 14'' dye boomsticks
68/45 centerflag cube
Warped Sportz Cradle
Old 11-05-2001, 05:47 PM #20
Python14
Yea, I'm thinkin about an LED cuz I don't really want a whole lot more. I did consider a Hyperframe for my mag a while back but it just wasn't gonna be pretty. Ya know? I've seen different models of the LED tho and I don't know what I want. Any tips on years or models?

Also, the field is in Salem. It used to be Concept splatter but now it's gonna be High Velocity paintball. It's grand opening is gonna be Nov. 24 but refs got to play last Saturday. I can't give you any names right now considering I'm like the only one from the city and I know about 2 or 3 people. I can give you names later tho. And yes, you should come this summer. I'll definitely have a new gun by then so yea. And I wouldn't be so bold. There are some guys here who could make Lasoya wet his pants. So...just a warning.

Old 11-05-2001, 05:52 PM #21
BAngelLcd

ok noah sinse i cant have names, r they people i know? oh yeah before i forget does Price play paintball, or anyone that played Lacrosse when i lived in Roanoke, or r they people my brother knew?
10" & 12'' freak set
two 14'' dye boomsticks
68/45 centerflag cube
Warped Sportz Cradle