Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-23-2001, 11:03 PM #1
Grim_Smoker
Hells Angel

has been a member for 10 years
Question Maxflo/Conquest/AIR

Ok, it has come down to either a Maxflo, Conquest, or an AIR. I want the lightest, tightest, most consistent tank. What do you guys think would be right for me? I really like the AIR's, but they are really expensive, I know the Conquests are good, my friends have them, and have heard nothing but good stuff about the Maxflos. So lets hear it. Pro's and Con's of each please.
Thanks a lot,
-Grim

Red 2.1 Dark Angel LCD, Black 88ci/4500 WDP AIR, Warped Drop, Smoke Rev with Intellifeed, 12" Dye Aluminum.

2k Red Splash Powerfeed Shocker- Psycho Ballistics D/F, 12" Lapco Bigshot, Freak Back, AGD Warp Intelli Link, Eclipse ASA, Eclipse Blade Trigger, vertical Max-Flo, Gadget Grip, 9v Adapter, Dye Stickies
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2001, 11:24 PM #2
THE PENETRATOR
"All BO$$ED Up!"

Thumbs up go for a conquest

i just got my conquest and its the ****... light as hell, consistant as a mothafuc*er, and cheaper than most air systems out there. i got mine for under $400, and it works wonders on my angel. beautiful micro gauges and a vast assortment of mounting options. the only downside is the on/off. its meant to be turned on in the morning and finally turned off at the end of your day of play.(its a toughy to keep flippin) max flows are super consistent, but my experience with them has shown me that they are very finicky and tend to leak... plus the conquest is cheaper!!. i hear nothing but bad shi* about AIR's from the fella's at warped sportz.(that ought to tell you something huh?) overpriced, bulky, heavy, and not that hardy...conquest is the way to go...............
Old 10-24-2001, 12:10 AM #3
Sin DeX
Banned

MAX_FLOW ALL THE WAY THEY ARE THW BEST< CANT GET BETTER
Old 10-24-2001, 12:32 AM #4
illustrious666

The MaxFlo is too complex and a little expensive. Its also heavy. The AIR is just plain expensive as hell. The Conquest is the lightest, least expensive, and easiest to maintain. They all have about the same consistancy and flow. If I HAD to order them, I would say this -

Consistancy:
1) MaxFlo
2) Conquest
3) AIR

Flow:
1) Conquest
2) AIR
3) MaxFlo
Old 10-24-2001, 07:39 AM #5
Brnzbuddha
OG Moderator

Brnzbuddha is a Moderator
Brnzbuddha is a Supporting Member
Brnzbuddha is a founding member
Brnzbuddha plays in the PSP
Brnzbuddha donated to help Peyton Trent
Max flows and AIRs own all!

I speak from experience. Why get a tank you need two regs for when you only need one? Conquest needs two regs, the cost of a conquest and a decent inline reg is equal to the cost of a new max flow or a little less than an AIR.

And a Max flow is NOT complex. And they are NOT heavy, at least the new ones aren't.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:35 AM #6
freeflow2001

MAxlfow baby
Old 10-24-2001, 05:42 PM #7
El Scandelouse
Banned

illus i think your stupid...AIR is supposed to have the best consistancy around, and ive heard alot of good things about AIR too
Old 10-24-2001, 06:38 PM #8
weedn

While Maxflows may be consistant...

They seem to be the most troublesome regulators. I came to this conclusion from experience. If not commonly and properly greased, they tend to do some funky things like creep, recharge very slowly, and of course become very inconsistant. Also, on the 4500psi versions the on/off is absolutely horrible . I have seen many gradually leak when turned off, and they will eventually not even turn off over time. It is very annoying to have your tank off and come home and find it gassed up because the on/off orings went bad.

On a happy note, I would go all out to say I love the Macdev Conquest. No I am not sponsored or biased, as I have tried the majority of tanks out there. Evey gun I have thrown a Conquest on has immediately became very much more consistant. Also, it is very easy to maintain, simply remove the piston and grease every few thousand shots. Some people complain about the on/off being to hard to turn on, I would take this anyday over a conventional on/off due to the lack of orings.

Hopefully I have given some useful information.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:13 PM #9
mxpimp18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

conquest all the way. super light, consistant, easy to clean, cheap, you cant go wrong with it. air is just a pile crap, maxflow is big and heavy, a ***** to maintain, and o-rings go bad all the time.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:48 PM #10
Steeler
mutha ucka

go with either the new max flos or the conquest...
Old 10-24-2001, 09:24 PM #11
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
Having owned an AIR and Conquest, and having friends with Max Flows I say get the AIR or Maxflow - super consistent on just one reg.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:58 PM #12
Doktor Evil

Well, I have never owned a Conquest, let alone played with one or know someone who does, so I dunno squat about it. (ya see, Doc here likes to form his opinions upon his humble experience, not the marketing bull**** we're being fed);

on the the other hand, I've owned several Max-flows and I have an AIR now.

Max-flow: extremely consistent, very good price/quality ratio. The quality of manufacture is good, but the design is flawed in that if one o-ring gets the slightest particule of debris, you're gonna leak. So thery are leak-prone. But if you lube them correctly at the right frequency you should minimize problems a great deal. I had one on my mag and it didn't leak in 12 months. Not bad. I have one on my Shocker, and I've been using it since January. Same thing, no real problem. But they still bug me because lubing them is an annoying task and the replacement o-rings are extremely expensive... so much so that I'm trying to find cheap, generic o-rings that would match the SP ones. Also, my 4500psi on/off is leaky... it won't hold air as it should. So after I fill a tank and don't touch it, I can expect the bottle to empty itself very slowly within 2 days.

At the field where I play there are plenty of guys using Max-flows on their Impulses, all on CO2 too, and they never have any problems. I think also that SP's quality control has dramatically improved since 2000.

AIR: extremely consistent also, but not more than the most consistent systems out there. I'd say its as consistent as a Max-flow. They are heavy and bulky.... but good-looking (sounds like a former girlfriend of mine); unlike the Max-flow they require very little maintenance and so far mine (I've got it since February) has always worked perfectly. My AIR too has the same problem as my Max-flow, in that it won't hold air for long; a full tank will empty itself on its own after a couple of days. And for the price, I still can't figure out why they couldn't put a damn on/off valve on it...

bottom line, I like both systems; if you end up with any of the two I talked about you shouldn't be disappointed, provided that you take good care of the Max-flow if that's your choice.

Hope this helps,
Old 10-25-2001, 12:57 AM #13
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
I guess my AIR is the only tank that holds air. I backed the screw out and I've held pressure for like 4 days.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:02 PM #14
AngelOrion

Dang, these are the 3 tanks I'm looking at right now too. I really want an AIR, and money's no issue. I'll have the money in the next few weeks. Okay, new scenario:

Money is no problem, and I already have an extra gas thru to exchange with my minireg. What do you think now?

-AO
Old 10-25-2001, 11:44 PM #15
mxpimp18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i owned the max-flow and the conquest and front what ive experienced the conquest is better. ive never owned air but from what my friends say they didnt like it. they got the conquest and they love it.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:13 AM #16
Doktor Evil

well, if money is no object then buy the 3 systems and see for yourself!

The sad truth is, the AIR is a lot about bells & whistles, even though it IS a great system. But the same can be said after all about the Angel itself. I mean, take a gun like the Impulse, tweak it a bit, and you'll end up with a gun that will be on par with the Angel; ditto for the Matrix; ... and for a lot less money.

Look, I'll make it simple: if a paintball buddy of mine comes to me and asks if I recommand the AIR or the Max-flow, I'd say yes.

In my previous post I talked about what I perceive to be the 2 systems' pros and cons. I don't know squat about the Conquest. According to what I'm reading, sounds like a good system.
Old 10-26-2001, 02:52 AM #17
HuMMaN

After playing with my AIR for a while and getting +\- 4 with bad paint, I decided to gut my Minireg and see what would happen.
I was happily surprised to watch my guns consistency go from +\-4 to +\- 2 with bad paint. I am now able to run my input pressure at 340 with no noticible shoot down. I have never used a Mac dev system before but I know a couple guys that have and they like the weight but not the performance. The Maxflo are good but like everyone else has said they can be a pain when it comes to maintaining them.

Also for all those out there that say the AIR doesnt hold air, I put Air in my tank last Friday, the last reading on the system was 1232; I just checked it again about 15minutes ago and the same reading was there. Its been almost a week and not one pound of air was lost.

The HuM
Old 10-26-2001, 11:37 AM #18
Doktor Evil

About the AIR not holding air, apparently what happened was that the first units they shipped were manufactured in a bit of a hurry, and the 4 inner screws weren't tight enough most of the time. That's where the criticism comes from, in that people who complain about it are the ones who got the first tanks in late 2000, early 2001 (when I got mine). There were also reports of bad electronics with the first units (although mine works perfectly). Now it seems all those early production bugs were ironed out, true to WDP's excellent reputation. I for one never considered the AIR not holding air a real problem because of the frequency at which I refill. I'm gonna change a few o-rings and rescrew the whole thing, should do the trick.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:19 PM #19
Cody

hey, i happen to have three Conquest tanks for sale, check it out if you are interested:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...527#post217527

thanks for your time.
Old 10-27-2001, 02:12 AM #20
AutocockerGuy
Damn Im good

AutocockerGuy is a founding member
All 3 tanks are great, just comes down to what you want. They all work great, all very consistant. I used to hate AIR's but.. ever since I've started to see more and more at my feild.. I've wanted one.. no shoot down I've used a few angels with AIR on them works great. Maxflows best tanks been the best for along time. I dont see how that will ever change inless smartparts improves there maxflow.. which they have with the new smaller models. The conquest, tank im going to pick up sooner or later.. just gotta get the money. Great tank from what im hearing.. just you've got to use a 2nd reg with this tank. I've e-mailed MacDev asking about this to see if its a must.. I will post what they reply. I've seen a few angels with conquest's at my field. They've got gladiators on them also. 1-/+ and 2-/+ all day long. Seemed to work great.. only other problem is the on/off I dont know whats wrong with it.. but I keep hearing there's some kind of problem with it?

Have you looked at dynaflows? Great tanks.. cant single reg them but they are one of the highest flowing tanks around.
Old 10-27-2001, 11:02 AM #21
phillytec
Black OUT

These are very nice and lighter and more compact
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxflow.jpg (25.4 KB, 164 views)