Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-13-2013, 05:53 PM #1
mrfixit09

Needing some help

So I just picked up an piranha bl vf g3 and a vl Orion for a little to nothing yesterday. They were in need of some tlc for sure. I cleaned the g3 and got it put back together and shot it a few times. It seemed to shoot pretty good other than the fact that it will double fire and/or not recock itself sometimes. I pulled it apart and saw that the sear and hammer looked pretty worn. I filed the sear down to a good sharp edge again an did some to the hammer. But I couldn't get the the hammer quite as good as I'd have liked. After doing this I put it back together and shoot it some more. It seemed to help a lot but it still did it a couple of times. I'm thinking that I might have just been low on co2 though. I'm going to try again with a fresh tank later. Was I heading in the right direct with my problem solving? Or is there something else that might be amiss? Where would I be able to get a new hammer if needed? Also are there parts or upgrades still available for this or compatible parts that would work? Such as bolts, strikers, x-chambers, etc.

The Orion needed new rings and a way past due cleaning. It has paint gummed up in the bolt tube. I haven't gotten it cleaned up yet to try it out. I was wondering the same for this one about the parts and upgrades. I know that spyder parts are probably going to be compatible but what parts from which spyders? I bought these to clean up and try to resale them but I've taking a shining to them and know that they'll both make good backup markers for me and the lady. So I'm looking to fix them up a lil nicer and upgraded a bit more. I'm especially interested in x-chambers to stabilize the velocity. I know hpa would be better but where I play it's not readily available. I plan to get new barrels for them both. I'm looking at j&j's but I've considered other brands and even kits for the piranha. What are some recommendations on barrels? Keep in mind I'm on a budget for these setups so I cant afford the high end stuff lol. What would be some upgrades for the internals that everyone would suggest and where could I get them? I'm just trying to plan out how I want to set these up so I'm looking for suggestions on different types of setups.

Last edited by mrfixit09 : 09-13-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Spelling and wording errors
mrfixit09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:33 PM #2
pbboy37

g3- Hammer O-ring
Old 09-19-2013, 11:14 AM #3
mrfixit09

I guess I'll have to try that. I've done everything else that I can think of lol. The oring looks good but I'm not sure that it's the right one. It almost looks like a tank oring. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it comes out.
mrfixit09 is offline   Reply With Quote