Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-02-2003, 02:35 PM #1
splatmonkey
Carrier of the Viking

has been a member for 10 years
Omen Battery & Lube

As a new Omen owner I have some questions:
1. Is the rechargable battery that comes stock in the Omen a standard 9v rechargable? Will it charge in a normal NiCd charger?

2. How much oil do you use in the Omen? Do you put a very light coat on the hammer o-ring and leave the rest dry or put a few drops in the ASA and blow them through the gun each time you use it?

3. Has anyone else had a problem where the omen recocking pressure is too high even with the .5 screw in the side of the body completely closed?

4. What are the exact symptoms of too high and too low cocking pressure? Will balls pinch and chop only when the cocking pressure is too high?

Thanks much for your help.
SplatM
PS When the Omen is working properly with a pipe kit it is DEADLY. This is an awesome marker and well worth the money.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2003, 06:35 PM #2
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Re: Omen Battery & Lube

Quote:
Originally posted by splatmonkey
As a new Omen owner I have some questions:
1. Is the rechargable battery that comes stock in the Omen a standard 9v rechargable? Will it charge in a normal NiCd charger?

2. How much oil do you use in the Omen? Do you put a very light coat on the hammer o-ring and leave the rest dry or put a few drops in the ASA and blow them through the gun each time you use it?

3. Has anyone else had a problem where the omen recocking pressure is too high even with the .5 screw in the side of the body completely closed?

4. What are the exact symptoms of too high and too low cocking pressure? Will balls pinch and chop only when the cocking pressure is too high?

Thanks much for your help.
SplatM
PS When the Omen is working properly with a pipe kit it is DEADLY. This is an awesome marker and well worth the money.

1. Not sure, just use the gun to charge it.

2. basically just on the striker and bolt carrier, but a couple drops down the asa for the reg will not hurt it. Just make sure the barrel is off.

3. Thats not normal...you having that problem??

4. Broken paint in the break, it will over pwer the CAM and slap the balls in there to hard. It will also hurt the bumper.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:34 PM #3
DaCow

The battery is an 8.6v rechargable, so I don't know if another charger would work. I'd suggest the same as Spartan...use the gun to charge the battery.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:59 PM #4
splatmonkey
Carrier of the Viking

Re: Re: Omen Battery & Lube

Quote:
Originally posted by Spartan X
1. Not sure, just use the gun to charge it.
The question is more from a long-term battery maintenance issue. ie Eventually, when the battery dies and I put a std NiCd in the marker will it charge properly.

Quote:

3. Thats not normal...you having that problem??
Yep, I have checked the marker over and other than numerous loose screws I can't see what is causing the problem. Everything seems to function normally but I get tons of barrel breaks and occasional breech breaks.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:28 AM #5
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Perhaps your recock screw is coming out wile firing. Maybe try some blue loc-tite.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.