Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 01:34 PM #64
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master
 
DSDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Drum, NY
DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I see I'm arguing with an E-thug



All of you keyboard warriors who talk about trying to overshoot people or start fights after the game because they wiped hits are worse than the cheaters. You're the ones who are going to get people ejected from the game, banned from the tournament or put in jail. If that's what you think taking the high road is, you're a punk, and you shouldn't be allowed to play.

What is wrong WW, It is only illegal if you get caught right?
__________________
2 complete 08 ego players setups
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2009, 01:38 PM #65
TMoNeE
 
 
TMoNeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
TMoNeE helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I see I'm arguing with an E-thug

I see there's no point to this anymore. The threadstarter got his answer, yes cheating is a part of the game.

Now it's just all of the holier-than-thou-art people trying to say how much better they think they are than everyone who has cheated.

What a lot of you obviously just don't understand is human nature. You get shot, and in a split second your mind gets hit by a wave of different thoughts and emotions:
-I want to keep playing
-I don't want to let my team down
-I can't believe I got hit
-What would happen if I tried to slide the hit off?
-There's nobody running over to check me
-Would it even make a difference if I just walked off now?
-I don't want to get a penalty
-If we don't win this game we won't make finals

And just like that, your decision is made. If you run to the next bunker, slide in on your hip and pop up without a hit, are you a bad person? Are you an immoral coward with no respect for human dignity? Do you deserve to be beaten or physically punished for your actions?

I guess the crusades over here deem your life now worthless and they would spend the rest of their day trying to hurt you one way or another, even if it includes them cheating to do it, because them cheating to hurt someone who wiped a hit is ok, because they've declared themselves as superior to you.

What the Paintball-inquisition here needs to know is that wiping a hit during a paintball game doesn't make anyone less of a person. Some people do it, some people don't. Can it say something about the person who did it? Yea. Does it say that they're cowards who deserve to be physically harmed so that you feel better about yourself? No. Just because they wiped a hit doesn't give you the right to cheat and get them back.

All of you keyboard warriors who talk about trying to overshoot people or start fights after the game because they wiped hits are worse than the cheaters. You're the ones who are going to get people ejected from the game, banned from the tournament or put in jail. If that's what you think taking the high road is, you're a punk, and you shouldn't be allowed to play.

Now go ahead, grab your pitchforks, shotguns and torches and form your anti-wipers mob. Go shoot someone 15 times in the head because they wiped a hit, then start a fight, then get ejected from a tournament. I'm sure when you're banned from your local fields you'll have much more fun re-telling your stories online than playing paintball anyway.

When i get shot all I think is, "****, I'm out" but goes to show your thought pattern.
__________________
3 NIB Ego 7 CCU kits
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post63484149
TMoNeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM #66
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew
 
CharlieFox01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal in the 714
CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I see there's no point to this anymore. The threadstarter got his answer, yes cheating is a part of the game.

Now it's just all of the holier-than-thou-art people trying to say how much better they think they are than everyone who has cheated.
Although I disagree with almost all of your premise, I do agree that the idea of fighting, overshooting is wrong.
I myself didn't post on here to pitch myself as holier than thou as I am not. I just want to grow the sport that I've come to love and I don't see cheating for whatever reason as being good for the sport as as whole.
Does wiping happen yes it does, will it stop probably not. But can we try to teach the rules, in a calm manner to those don't follow them, yes.
I think that it's important to the survival of this sport that we try to grow it, and in the right way by the rules. I look up to those who came before me and helped to teach me the skills and integrity of the game. Because of their actions I feel the need to pass on the knowledge gained from them to the new players coming in now. Can we do this without flaming comments we disagree with, without fighting, or hurting other players I certainly hope so.
Play hard, play with Honor, play with Integrity and teach those with less experience the right way to play and hopefully this conversation will not need to be held in the future.
See ya on the field
__________________
We Shop @ Flo's Flowers & Paintball in Pico Rivera We Learned @ the Pit RIP THE PIT
AFPL BPRL OSC WCPPL OSOKO
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:02 PM #67
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master
 
DSDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Drum, NY
DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoNeE View Post
When i get shot all I think is, "****, I'm out" but goes to show your thought pattern.
I tend to think "I wonder what we are having for dinner". Maybe it is, because I am fat. Who knows?
__________________
2 complete 08 ego players setups
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 PM #68
DFSniper
10 years and counting!
 
DFSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
 has been a member for 10 years
DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDM View Post
What is wrong WW, It is only illegal if you get caught right?
that seems to the the common consensus in todays society.
__________________
R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10
[Bob Long Owner]
"Originally posted by fishballer06: whoa now, watch using the word bro before **** gets real"
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:37 PM #69
battlechaser
Seņor Member
 
battlechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoNeE View Post
When i get shot all I think is, "****, I'm out" but goes to show your thought pattern.
The only thing that rant reminded me of was Mar's (from MCB) DBD clothing line.



Specifically this one

__________________
-BATTLEchaser
Feedback - SOC / PBn / IOG / MCB


"If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste..." - Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
battlechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 PM #70
BiggieSMLS
good gravy
 
BiggieSMLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
 has been a member for 10 years
wiping ruins the point of paintball. end of story
__________________
www.icd-owners.com the grass is greener there

Quality Always Shoots Straight
AGD


bOISE sT. bRONCOS
BiggieSMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 PM #71
Jocasta (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KO's bushes
Victory before honor, I say!
Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:20 PM #72
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball
 
dr. j. h. gerbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDM View Post
Do you practice reacting to being overshot? Once I catch someone wiping against my team I will take the penalty from overshooting the crap out of them in order to give back to them what they took from us. I will unload a hopper on someone if I catch them wiping.

Playing on is a lot different than wiping. Playing on you have a slight chance of being innocently wrong. Wiping is a deliberate act and you know you are guilty of cheating.


anybody who says that "everybody does it" or whatever is just rationalizing to try to make themselves feel better. People do wipe but not everybody. Wiping totally defies the fundamental point of the game - you get hit, and you're out. It'd be like strapping 20 JATO rockets to your nitro funny car. Sure, you won the drag, but you totally defeated the purpose of the drag race.
__________________
N I C E Cyborg RX F/S

Last edited by dr. j. h. gerbert : 11-10-2009 at 08:28 PM.
dr. j. h. gerbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:49 PM #73
alexpaintballer
 
 
alexpaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: the 863
alexpaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
alexpaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
when money/prizes/winning is on the line you got to do what you got to do. holding is against the rules in fotball but people still do it. sometimes they get caught and sometimes they dont. wiping is part of paintball and always will be.
__________________
old trust (+59 , -0)
alexpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 PM #74
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*
 
Castro #66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaintballer View Post
when money/prizes/winning is on the line you got to do what you got to do. holding is against the rules in fotball but people still do it. sometimes they get caught and sometimes they dont. wiping is part of paintball and always will be.
So, money is more important than integrity to you?

That's a sad comment on the state of things these days.
__________________
Certified Master Airsmith
Airsmithing & 3rd Party Shipping - PM for details
Can't we all just play Paintball?


Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 PM #75
Draxxus5577
MillerJ
 
Draxxus5577's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rainy ****ing washington
Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaintballer View Post
when money/prizes/winning is on the line you got to do what you got to do. holding is against the rules in fotball but people still do it. sometimes they get caught and sometimes they dont. wiping is part of paintball and always will be.
**** *****es get money
__________________
Seattle Sinister
Draxxus5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:24 PM #76
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew
 
CharlieFox01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal in the 714
CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
This whole thread is the reason I play pump, we all respect each other, and why I haven't played walk-on games in over a year, just private games with those I know.

"So, money is more important than integrity to you?
That's a sad comment on the state of things these days." Castro#66

Perfectly said.

WWW.DeadboxBeforeDishonor.com Great stuff my order will be in soon!
__________________
We Shop @ Flo's Flowers & Paintball in Pico Rivera We Learned @ the Pit RIP THE PIT
AFPL BPRL OSC WCPPL OSOKO
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 PM #77
Jocasta (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KO's bushes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
So, money is more important than integrity to you?

That's a sad comment on the state of things these days.
Helloooo, welcome to Earth!
Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 PM #78
battlechaser
Seņor Member
 
battlechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFox01 View Post
This whole thread is the reason I play pump, we all respect each other, and why I haven't played walk-on games in over a year, just private games with those I know.
That's one thing I've been noticing. Pump/Semi guys seem so much more chill when you're playing, there's a lot more courtesy amongst players. Not to say there aren't exceptions to the rule, as there always are, unfortunately.
__________________
-BATTLEchaser
Feedback - SOC / PBn / IOG / MCB


"If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste..." - Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
battlechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 PM #79
FatalKitty
I has the awesome
 
FatalKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sharpie
FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I see I'm arguing with an E-thug

I see there's no point to this anymore. The threadstarter got his answer, yes cheating is a part of the game.

Now it's just all of the holier-than-thou-art people trying to say how much better they think they are than everyone who has cheated.

What a lot of you obviously just don't understand is human nature. You get shot, and in a split second your mind gets hit by a wave of different thoughts and emotions:
-I want to keep playing
-I don't want to let my team down
-I can't believe I got hit
-What would happen if I tried to slide the hit off?
-There's nobody running over to check me
-Would it even make a difference if I just walked off now?
-I don't want to get a penalty
-If we don't win this game we won't make finals

And just like that, your decision is made. If you run to the next bunker, slide in on your hip and pop up without a hit, are you a bad person? Are you an immoral coward with no respect for human dignity? Do you deserve to be beaten or physically punished for your actions?

I guess the crusades over here deem your life now worthless and they would spend the rest of their day trying to hurt you one way or another, even if it includes them cheating to do it, because them cheating to hurt someone who wiped a hit is ok, because they've declared themselves as superior to you.

What the Paintball-inquisition here needs to know is that wiping a hit during a paintball game doesn't make anyone less of a person. Some people do it, some people don't. Can it say something about the person who did it? Yea. Does it say that they're cowards who deserve to be physically harmed so that you feel better about yourself? No. Just because they wiped a hit doesn't give you the right to cheat and get them back.

All of you keyboard warriors who talk about trying to overshoot people or start fights after the game because they wiped hits are worse than the cheaters. You're the ones who are going to get people ejected from the game, banned from the tournament or put in jail. If that's what you think taking the high road is, you're a punk, and you shouldn't be allowed to play.

Now go ahead, grab your pitchforks, shotguns and torches and form your anti-wipers mob. Go shoot someone 15 times in the head because they wiped a hit, then start a fight, then get ejected from a tournament. I'm sure when you're banned from your local fields you'll have much more fun re-telling your stories online than playing paintball anyway.
ask any competitive player, they will tell you they would overshoot a cheater. If you think overshooting is cheating... explain to me how overshooting a player changes the dynamic if the game.. or gives your team the edge. Cheating is gaining an unfair edge.. look it up in a ****ing dictionary.. you know, those thick books with words in them?
Cheating in any culture or sport is WRONG. Trying to justify it with your skewed view on morality is stupid.
That list does not go through my mind... because I am an honest person, I have been in a faithful relationship with my fiance for over 7 years, pay my bills on time, I own my house, cars, and my own business... All obtained honestly without lying, cheating, or stealing. What goes through MY mind when I get hit with a paintball is "Damn, I just got shot..." well next time I'm going to look for that move, or that blind shot, or that whatever it was that got me shot, I'm not going to go "oh well, I was playing sloppy this second and that shot shouldn't really count.
Cheating is like taking someone's score off the board...
if you try to tell me that cheating is not immoral then introduce your girlfriend to my manwhore friend James next event.

cheating isn't any more a part of tournament paintball than smoking weed in the parking lot is a part of paintball.
If you get caught you're out. Does it happen? RARELY, but yes. is there a time when it is justified? nope
Is it a PART of tournament ball? nope.
__________________

Last edited by FatalKitty : 11-10-2009 at 10:45 PM.
FatalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 PM #80
dr. j. h. gerbert
Mob Paintball
 
dr. j. h. gerbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
I respect the hell out of other players, regardless of what they shoot or what style of play they engage in.

That is, until I catch them cheating. That's when it gets colorful.
__________________
N I C E Cyborg RX F/S
dr. j. h. gerbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:09 PM #81
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT
 
Muff Muff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CC/Arlington, Texas
I'll say right now, I hate wipers, and if I catch them wiping on my shot that just landed on them, I'll give them 30 more to try and wipe off
__________________
WHATABURGER
"Idiots neither forgive, nor forget. Intelligent people forgive and forget, but a true Wise Man forgives, but NEVER forgets."
Muff Muff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 PM #82
Jocasta (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KO's bushes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
ask any competitive player, they will tell you they would overshoot a cheater. If you think overshooting is cheating... explain to me how overshooting a player changes the dynamic if the game.. or gives your team the edge. Cheating is gaining an unfair edge.. look it up in a ****ing dictionary.. you know, those thick books with words in them?
Cheating in any culture or sport is WRONG. Trying to justify it with your skewed view on morality is stupid.
That list does not go through my mind... because I am an honest person, I have been in a faithful relationship with my fiance for over 7 years, pay my bills on time, I own my house, cars, and my own business... All obtained honestly without lying, cheating, or stealing. What goes through MY mind when I get hit with a paintball is "Damn, I just got shot..." well next time I'm going to look for that move, or that blind shot, or that whatever it was that got me shot, I'm not going to go "oh well, I was playing sloppy this second and that shot shouldn't really count.
Cheating is like taking someone's score off the board...
if you try to tell me that cheating is not immoral then introduce your girlfriend to my manwhore friend James next event.

cheating isn't any more a part of tournament paintball than smoking weed in the parking lot is a part of paintball.
If you get caught you're out. Does it happen? RARELY, but yes. is there a time when it is justified? nope
Is it a PART of tournament ball? nope.
I'll bet they would overshoot a cheater, but they would also, more likely than not, cheat if given the opportunity and correct climate to do so. There being prize money on the line only increases the likelihood of this happening, and while I do not condone cheating in any fashion I do understand why people do it.

I'm glad that you're Captain Morality, but you don't seem to understand why people cheat. Look at the NFL. Those guys know they're not supposed to hold or cause pass interference or leap up on somebody's back in order to block a kick. They do it because winning is in their best interest and the punishment for getting caught is a lot less significant than the gains that could be accrued by doing so. Get caught? Ten yard penalty. Get away with it? Your team might just win. That win might just land you in the Super Bowl.

This is human nature. If you can't even see the issue from this point of view, you're either a robot or you are kidding yourself.
Jocasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM #83
cww516
clever text goes here
 
cww516's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
only difference is a gross penalty in paintball is a hell of a lot worse for the team than a holding or pass interference penalty in football. either a 2-for-1 or one out and one in the box for 2 minutes, and you can't play for 10, depending on what level you're playing in the PSP, not sure about the USPL.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 AM #84
FatalKitty
I has the awesome
 
FatalKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sharpie
FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
look, holding or pass interference in the NFL is not wiping.
I didn't say that playing on is immoral... it happens.. sometimes people need to get that extra ball out of their gun or run an extra couple feet... superstar mentality. but wiping a hit is like take the ball out of a receivers hands - you're saying they never caught it, you never got hit.

and no, the majority of competitive paintball players would NOT wipe a hit, which is evident in this thread as well as in real life (try it once in a while)
I watched Infamous play every game in Vegas from 10 feet away with my 300mm lense and I didn't see a single hit wiped... in fact the entire weekend I shot the pro USPL event in Vegas on the center court field I didn't see a single player wipe a hit. Does that mean it didn't happen? who knows - but I seriously doubt that with myself, the 6 other photographers, and 10+ refs, that no one missed a player wiping a hit.
NO... it does not happen as often as you pump boys think it does... and NO, it's not part of the game. Just because some little 12 year old agglets on the 'nation think it's cool to wipe hits doesn't make it a part of the game.
__________________

Last edited by FatalKitty : 11-11-2009 at 12:13 AM.
FatalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump