Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 05:12 PM #43
pointblankpb10
 
 
pointblankpb10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
pointblankpb10 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
Wiping a hit is like pulling the golfball out of the hole after Tiger Wood's drops a hole-in-one.
pulling out a hole in one is incredibly more severe than wiping.

not that i condone wiping, i cant stand it, but a hole in one is INCREDIBLY rare, whereas getting shot in paintball is not. just sayin.
__________________
Rockport Rage #6
'08 MXL
Rockville Redemption #10
'09 MXL
pointblankpb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2009, 05:22 PM #44
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtuff View Post
guess what, you aren't a good player, I know this from experience. Now I'm going to have to keep an eye on you in your local tournament series, because i sometimes ref it. Also you don't get paid based on your performance, I'm afraid you aren't that good. Good luck getting on an mxl or cxbl team with this attitude. I know from experience you wouldn't work out, cheating doesn't help anyone but the other team, penalties are just far too severe.

Also not many people in your league cheat, most of the calls I made were unobvious hits. I'll just start keeping my eyes on you
Start keeping your eyes on Nasty, a couple of their players are the ones who introduced me to it.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM #45
battlechaser
Seņor Member
 
battlechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
Start keeping your eyes on Nasty, a couple of their players are the ones who introduced me to it.
Am I the only one who heard the crunch as the bus rolled over that one..?
__________________
-BATTLEchaser
Feedback - SOC / PBn / IOG / MCB


"If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste..." - Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones

Last edited by battlechaser : 11-09-2009 at 05:33 PM.
battlechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:44 PM #46
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
No, I still totally believe in what I said, wiping is part of the sport and many many teams consider it a nessesary skill to even out the playing field. It's impossible to get rid of it so everybody does it.

Schtuff is just a kid who has been playing a year or so longer than I have and always likes to harass me.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:29 PM #47
DFSniper
10 years and counting!
 
DFSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
 has been a member for 10 years
DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
wipers should be shot in the dick with their own gun, then castrated, then shot in the open wound.
__________________
R.I.P. Rob Kerr 2/1/91 - 3/15/10
[Bob Long Owner]
"Originally posted by fishballer06: whoa now, watch using the word bro before **** gets real"
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 AM #48
JTBaller203
Thug Life
 
JTBaller203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pembroke, NC (UNCP)
JTBaller203 supports Team VICIOUS
JTBaller203 posts videos on PbNation
JTBaller203 supports Pev's Paintball
JTBaller203 plays in the APPA D4 division
JTBaller203 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont condone cheating but its like penalties in football. you see a guy get in trouble for pass interference and you dont say all these negative things about him. like some times pass interference is necessary to keep a touchdown from happening. with cheating i think the people who do it are out weighing the negatives with positves. like in a must win point to make it to sunday i think most people would play on or at least take their time getting out of the bunker.

again i don't condone it or do it but i am just trying to be unbiased
__________________
Quitting paintball sale!!!
JTBaller203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 AM #49
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.
 
UglyDuckGizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 919, NC
I'm with castro on this one. Wiping is sneaky and underhanded. There really isn't much correlation between wiping a hit and a foul in other sports.

and since people wanna bring MONEY into this, 99.9% of tournament players aren't making money by playing. We all pay to play in tournaments with rulebooks that say you cannot wipe. By wiping you are taking that away from other players. You're making it so they aren't getting what they paid for.
__________________
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 11-10-2009 at 10:18 AM.
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 AM #50
Iakona
Custom stickers & apparel
 
Iakona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigge360 View Post
you superman and while the air you get hit on your elbow and slide it off... do you think that is acceptable and why?
I don't think it is acceptable, but on the run, if you get hit on the pad you won't necessarily feel it and it will probably wipe on the slide. That's why they have refs laying in the lanes. I have had it go both ways - A ref saw the hit before I slid and pulled me and a player swore he saw the break but thought I purposely wiped. The ref nor I saw the hit or any residue and I didn't feel it, but the other player was pissed. In the end, everyone knows the rules, just be honest, and let the refs make the calls you don't see/feel.
__________________
Want to help market your team/sponsers?
www.24hrvinyl.com
Custom stickers, banners and apparel
Iakona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM #51
FatalKitty
I has the awesome
 
FatalKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sharpie
FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
Right, cheating is cheating. Potatoes are potatoes, and frogs are frogs. What's your point?

If you're making the (incorrect) assumption that all cheating is the same, then please refer to your PSP rule book, where you'll see that different penalties are assessed for breaking different rules. All forms of cheating are not penalized equally, as some forms of cheating result in a slap on the wrist, and others result in a severe penalty.

Don't play PSP? Try CFOA, USPL, SPPL, GFOA, SPCS, NEPL, AXBL/CXBL, SPCS, or any other tournament series.
are you dense?
Penalties are meant to counter the action that drew the penalty to balance the game. Some actions require more counteraction to balance the game... wiping being one of them.
by shooting hot, you are gaining an edge, penalty is meant to counter that
by playing on, you are gaining an edge, penalty is meant to counter that
by wiping a hit you are essentially putting a player back in the game. 3-for-1 is meant to counter that.

people that consciously wipe hits are cowards. These people are probably so discouraged by their lack of skill and knowledge that instead of trying to get better, they practice cheating instead. They are so afraid of looking stupid walking back to the deadbox that they would rather risk everything their team fought for all through prelims and semi-finals by hiding the fact they STILL suck and can't contribute to their team. They wipe hits to hide their shame.
__________________
FatalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 AM #52
Texas_pump
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound?

Someone gets shot by a paintball and the ref doesnt see it, did it happen? (you better hope he didnt see it cause a 1 for 1 or 2/1 or 3/1 are harsh penalties for something that stupid)
Texas_pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 AM #53
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew
 
CharlieFox01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal in the 714
CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Moral character or character is an evaluation of a particular individual's moral qualities. The concept of character can imply a variety of attributes including the existence or lack of virtues such as integrity, courage, fortitude, honesty, and loyalty, or of good behaviors or habits.

I agree with Castro#66 on all points. If i'm not mistaken Castro#66 you're a Pumper if not, my bad. For me and my team the whole wiping, playin ' on mentality is why we play pump. Ask anyone who's reffed a pump tourney where the top players are and whats the easiest games to ref are and I'm sure they will tell you it's in the pump world. Hardly any arguments, we tend to call ourselves out when hit.
If you have played for a while you KNOW when you get hit it's your decision whether to wipe or hide the hit thats where character comes in, are you one of those people who steps over a piece of trash on the ground or picks it up just because someone was watching? or do you pick it up because it's the right thing to do?
Do you wipe because no one saw the hit and you think you can get away with it or practice ways to wipe so you don't get caught? Wow so you got the win, myself I have to look in the mirror it's not worth the win.
Have I on accident called myself out on a bounce, yes. Has my team lost a game because we were honest, yes. Are there those who push the rules?, always will be and for the most part we all know who they are, it makes the win that much sweeter when you take them out the right way.

Watch a Pump tourney see how the refs have to kick the teams off the field because we're too busy high fiveing the other team and laughing about the stupid move you made that got you shot. Most games it's hard to tell who won because we are all together walking off the field.
Honor, Integrity, Respect words to live by, words to play by.
__________________
We Shop @ Flo's Flowers & Paintball in Pico Rivera We Learned @ the Pit RIP THE PIT
AFPL BPRL OSC WCPPL OSOKO
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 PM #54
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Lemme clear something up.

I think wiping in rec, walk on, or a scrim is just stupid, and those people are idiots. Wiping, and playing on have become part of tournament paintball. Every team does it eventually, and every team eventually builds strategies on how to do it and avoid getting caught. I've spoken to more than one PSP, NPPL, CFOA, and even CXBL ref who will agree that it has become a part of the game. You succeed, you profit, you fail, you suffer the consequences.

This has nothing to do with morals, personality, or integrity, it has really become another aspect of paintball.

There are other ways to cheat, some teams mark the field, some fields rig their events, these do reflect on someone's honor, and are absolutely not acceptable.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM #55
Texas_pump
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
what is marking the field? And how do you rig an event unless all officials are in on it, cause that is just wrong.

But yeah, like in football, its only a penalty if the ref calls it. I personally wont do it, but I wont always walk out right away, I wait for confirmation sometimes. And if they arent checking me, than why should I check myself.
Texas_pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 PM #56
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_pump View Post
what is marking the field? And how do you rig an event unless all officials are in on it, cause that is just wrong.

But yeah, like in football, its only a penalty if the ref calls it. I personally wont do it, but I wont always walk out right away, I wait for confirmation sometimes. And if they arent checking me, than why should I check myself.
Marking a field is marking the angles which has come up more than once, and rigging an event is a field getting their own factory team to win the event with the cooperation of refs so the field doesn't loose money in prizes.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM #57
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master
 
DSDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Drum, NY
DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
This conversation can be summed up in one sentence.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

If you cheat you will get caught eventually. If you get caught you have no control over how you will be dealt with by the refs and or the other team. You may just get a penalty or you may get overshot, you might even get your butts kicked in the parking lot after the tournament. You have no say on what the retribution that may or will be dished out.

We caught the guy on film who wiped against us, in the semi-finals of a tournament. The difference in the prize value was 10 bucks. Was it worth it? You decide. However I did make a copy of that video and show it to everyone that we play tournaments with. Will that guy ever get away with wiping again? I doubt it. He hasn’t played in any of the local tourneys we have been at in over a year. If he ever does again, we know what he looks like and so do the refs.
__________________
2 complete 08 ego players setups
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM #58
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor
 
NCONTROL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tre six 0
NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
Wiping is a part of tournament paintball. If you can get hit and get rid of it before a ref see's you and are willing to take the risk, then do it.

Wiping in paintball is just like if a basketball player double dribbles but the ref doesn't blow the whistle is he just supposed to give the ball to the other team? Or in soccer if a guy see's the ball crosses the line and is out of bounds but brings it back in, if the ref didn't see it go out should he just stop and let the other team have the ball? No, wiping is the same situation, sure the rules say you can't do that, but similar to the phrase "It's not illegal if you don't get caught".
__________________
Feedback
PORTLAND UPRISING
MacDev * PBRack * Censys Design Lab * Ambush Paintball * Virtue * Deadlywind * GI Sportz
Capital Edge: NorCal's best paintball field
Uprising Throwdown Series, 4-man for the NW.
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM #59
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
You arent going to get your *** kicked for wiping..
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 PM #60
DSDM
Dark Side Donut Master
 
DSDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Drum, NY
DSDM plays in the PSP
DSDM donated to help Peyton Trent
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DSDM owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DSDM is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
You arent going to get your *** kicked for wiping..
You don't know that for certain do you? But, you missed the point. You did something that was wrong to someone else you have no control of how they are going to deal with you. The best situation is not to do the wrong thing, that way you don't have to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life.
__________________
2 complete 08 ego players setups
PTI Certified Master Airsmith #2822
Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, Retired (1983-2003)
Facebook

Last edited by DSDM : 11-10-2009 at 02:19 PM.
DSDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 PM #61
CharlieFox01
A member of the Crew
 
CharlieFox01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SoCal in the 714
CharlieFox01 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
I've spoken to more than one PSP, NPPL, CFOA, and even CXBL ref who will agree that it has become a part of the game. You succeed, you profit, you fail, you suffer the consequences.

This has nothing to do with morals, personality, or integrity, it has really become another aspect of paintball.
Profit?! I don't know what league or division a team can play in and profit. Where I'm at, So Cal, stores are closing, fields are losing players and leagues are losing money. At the player level I'm willing to say that less than 10% break even in the tourney world and that includes pros.

Cheating is cheating for whatever reason whether it be to win, to get the prize or because everyone else is.

Cheating has everything to do with morals, personality and integrity. Could it be that fields are losing players because of the cheating, wiping, players playing with the less experienced because they can get more kills, because thats the only people they can bunker, light up.

The paintball world would be a better place if, when shot you call yourself out and congratulate the other team for their win. Take the moral high ground, show the new players how to play the game the way it should be played with integrity.

Oh wait I almost forgot isn't all about the win so you can get that million dollar pro contract, that sponsorship deal that pays the rent.... wake up it's not real.
__________________
We Shop @ Flo's Flowers & Paintball in Pico Rivera We Learned @ the Pit RIP THE PIT
AFPL BPRL OSC WCPPL OSOKO
CharlieFox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:27 PM #62
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
people that consciously wipe hits are cowards. These people are probably so discouraged by their lack of skill and knowledge that instead of trying to get better, they practice cheating instead. They are so afraid of looking stupid walking back to the deadbox that they would rather risk everything their team fought for all through prelims and semi-finals by hiding the fact they STILL suck and can't contribute to their team. They wipe hits to hide their shame.
I see I'm arguing with an E-thug

I see there's no point to this anymore. The threadstarter got his answer, yes cheating is a part of the game.

Now it's just all of the holier-than-thou-art people trying to say how much better they think they are than everyone who has cheated.

What a lot of you obviously just don't understand is human nature. You get shot, and in a split second your mind gets hit by a wave of different thoughts and emotions:
-I want to keep playing
-I don't want to let my team down
-I can't believe I got hit
-What would happen if I tried to slide the hit off?
-There's nobody running over to check me
-Would it even make a difference if I just walked off now?
-I don't want to get a penalty
-If we don't win this game we won't make finals

And just like that, your decision is made. If you run to the next bunker, slide in on your hip and pop up without a hit, are you a bad person? Are you an immoral coward with no respect for human dignity? Do you deserve to be beaten or physically punished for your actions?

I guess the crusades over here deem your life now worthless and they would spend the rest of their day trying to hurt you one way or another, even if it includes them cheating to do it, because them cheating to hurt someone who wiped a hit is ok, because they've declared themselves as superior to you.

What the Paintball-inquisition here needs to know is that wiping a hit during a paintball game doesn't make anyone less of a person. Some people do it, some people don't. Can it say something about the person who did it? Yea. Does it say that they're cowards who deserve to be physically harmed so that you feel better about yourself? No. Just because they wiped a hit doesn't give you the right to cheat and get them back.

All of you keyboard warriors who talk about trying to overshoot people or start fights after the game because they wiped hits are worse than the cheaters. You're the ones who are going to get people ejected from the game, banned from the tournament or put in jail. If that's what you think taking the high road is, you're a punk, and you shouldn't be allowed to play.

Now go ahead, grab your pitchforks, shotguns and torches and form your anti-wipers mob. Go shoot someone 15 times in the head because they wiped a hit, then start a fight, then get ejected from a tournament. I'm sure when you're banned from your local fields you'll have much more fun re-telling your stories online than playing paintball anyway.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:32 PM #63
NCONTROL
Welcome to SwagMont Manor
 
NCONTROL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: tre six 0
NCONTROL is a Professional paintball player
NCONTROL plays in the PSP
NCONTROL supports Cereal Killerz 2
NCONTROL plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
I bet all the people saying that say wiping is morally wrong and not in any way a part of the game are probably the type of guys who never have their barrel touching the start station when the game starts.
__________________
Feedback
PORTLAND UPRISING
MacDev * PBRack * Censys Design Lab * Ambush Paintball * Virtue * Deadlywind * GI Sportz
Capital Edge: NorCal's best paintball field
Uprising Throwdown Series, 4-man for the NW.
Washington's Place to play, PSP
NCONTROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump