Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2009, 11:00 PM #2185
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by .brad. View Post
getting a job with a BA is a lot harder than getting a job with an ccounting, logistics, finance, etc major.
It's still easier than getting a non-teaching job with a BBA in History.
WillyW0nka is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 PM #2186
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
I've flirted with getting a JD/MBA, but I don't think I want to be in school for another year and I really don't want to learn all that business ****. However, having both of those degrees will open a lot of doors for you. I just don't know if its worthwhile.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 PM #2187
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Also - qualified candidates aren't available to fill jobs requiring SKILL SETS.

Have a look see.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/03/news...open/index.htm
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 PM #2188
.brad.
 
 
.brad.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
.brad. is a Paintball photographer
.brad. helped look for balloons
I hope by thanksgiving I will have my full time job set up, so when I tell my parents I have to take 21.5 credits, they won't kill me
.brad. is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:04 PM #2189
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Also - qualified candidates aren't available to fill jobs requiring SKILL SETS.

Have a look see.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/03/news...open/index.htm
If I wasn't doing law, I'd probably go into energy. Seems like a really cool field.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:08 PM #2190
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Also - qualified candidates aren't available to fill jobs requiring SKILL SETS.

Have a look see.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/03/news...open/index.htm
I just took a gander at the top 50 jobs in America, number 1 was "Systems Engineer", then "Information Technology Project Manager" landed #5 and "Certified Public Accountant" was #6.

-edit- Anyone surprised at CPA being #6 and College Professor being #3?

Last edited by WillyW0nka : 11-12-2009 at 11:11 PM.
WillyW0nka is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 PM #2191
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I just took a gander at the top 50 jobs in America, number 1 was "Systems Engineer", then "Information Technology Project Manager" landed #5 and "Certified Public Accountant" was #6.
-edit- Anyone surprised at CPA being #6 and College Professor being #3?
No. CPAs work our ***** off. College professors have an easy ride, once they bust their *** getting "Dr." stuck on their name.

Jobs on the top 50 in which you might expect to find a LA degree:
#3 - College professor
#18 - Attorney
#43 - Creative Director

Three.

Out of fifty.
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 PM #2192
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
No. CPAs work our ***** off. College professors have an easy ride, once they bust their *** getting "Dr." stuck on their name.

Jobs on the top 50 in which you might expect to find a LA degree:
#3 - College professor
#18 - Attorney
#43 - Creative Director

Three.

Out of fifty.
I would think you'd make a lot more money being a CPA than a college professor, but I don't know anyone in either field.
WillyW0nka is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 PM #2193
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2
 
tchs_drummer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I would think you'd make a lot more money being a CPA than a college professor, but I don't know anyone in either field.
Misconception that CPAs are immensely compensated.
__________________
BradTater
Georgia Southern Eagles - Join The Journey - Sun Belt 2014
"It's better to have died a young boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
tchs_drummer06 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 PM #2194
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER
 
WillyW0nka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
Misconception that CPAs are immensely compensated.
Like I said, never met one. If I had, I certainly wouldn't have badgered him about how well he's compensated, as they're said to be quicker to reach for a gun and shoot up the place than Dentists and Postal Workers combined.
WillyW0nka is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:18 PM #2195
Nips80
 
 
Nips80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
[imhttp://8.media.tumblr.com/sdYsolKXXqq7xgmfCjcGgD4o1_500.gif[/img]
You wouldn't really know, it's not like you live there.
Nips80 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:21 PM #2196
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nips80 View Post
You wouldn't really know, it's not like you live there.
I'm a Druid City native.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 PM #2197
Nips80
 
 
Nips80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
I'm a Druid City native.
I'm sorry.

Nips80 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 PM #2198
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
I understand the LSU butthurt, but the Auburn butthurt is just ridiculous.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:29 PM #2199
Superzeus
Living is the functionary
 
Superzeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Socal
 has been a member for 10 years
Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Basically, accounting, business, engineering = trained monkeys. History, English, philosophy = smart thinkers.
That's putting it a bit bluntly, but yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
You have it backwards

Accounting, engineering - Skills requiring thought

History, English, Philo, Bus Admin - Facts

Knowing facts won't get you anywhere in life. Having a skill will. You're going to law school to learn a skill. Being a history or philosophy major won't help you with that.

It is obvious you haven't seriously studied liberal arts at the college level. My liberal arts classes require more critical thinking than any of my business classes. There is a reason I am majoring in Finance and History. Of course I want to learn the skills of business and land a cool job in investing or consulting that pays well right out of college, but I also realize that my liberal arts classes will give me a deeper level of thinking that will differentiate me from everyone else out there with the exact same skill set I have, and allow me to really make it in business.

There's nothing wrong with being an accounting major, but there is a place for liberal arts majors.
__________________
SNOWBOARD GEAR FS

OG FEEDBACK
Superzeus is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 PM #2200
Nips80
 
 
Nips80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
I understand the LSU butthurt, but the Auburn butthurt is just ridiculous.
I don't think any Auburn fans are butthurt. It's a humorous picture. I'll get more pleasure beating undefeated 'Bama at any rate.
Nips80 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 PM #2201
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nips80 View Post
I don't think any Auburn fans are butthurt. It's a humorous picture. I'll get more pleasure beating undefeated 'Bama at any rate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
It is obvious you haven't seriously studied liberal arts at the college level. My liberal arts classes require more critical thinking than any of my business classes. There is a reason I am majoring in Finance and History. Of course I want to learn the skills of business and land a cool job in investing or consulting that pays well right out of college, but I also realize that my liberal arts classes will give me a deeper level of thinking that will differentiate me from everyone else out there with the exact same skill set I have, and allow me to really make it in business.

There's nothing wrong with being an accounting major, but there is a place for liberal arts majors.
Agreed. A liberal arts major will enrich you intellectually and get you thinking along a different mindset from just about everyone else.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 PM #2202
u r a bucs fan
 
 
u r a bucs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Woooo! Road trippin' a few hours north on saturday to see UT butthurt the waco bears!
__________________
Bucs fan - what is it? what does it mean?.......who knows, but its not good.

And no its not a mil. bucks. TB buccaneers, or ohio st. buckeyes fan.

GREEN MONKEYS FTW
u r a bucs fan is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 AM #2203
timmyballer67
Viva la Big XII!
 
timmyballer67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal
Well boys, after getting in, looks like I'm most likely headed to Tech. Wreck em.
__________________
FC Bayern Munich -- Germany National Team -- Golden State Warriors -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Dallas Stars-- Apparantly a Right Wing Extremist?
timmyballer67 is offline  
Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 AM #2204
Kolder
The Commish
 
Kolder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=63207234
__________________
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Kolder is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump