PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM #1
Driek
Shenanigan Pump-Player

Unhappy Tips for playing with a Pistol?

Hello, I just bought an Ariakon ACP 2.0 Pistol from my bro, and I just want to ask a few questions:
1. Is it safe to use a barrel from a Spyder (Specifically a stock Spyder RS '08 Barrel) as opposed to the small barrel ends the gun came with?
2. Is there a difference between the two small ends the gun came with, performance wise?
Besides those questions, any tips for playing woodsball with a pistol, opposed to a Tippmann 98 Custom Pro?
Driek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2008, 03:00 PM #2
B2K4-SuperHonkey
Ive lost my pudding again

B2K4-SuperHonkey is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driek View Post
Hello, I just bought an Ariakon ACP 2.0 Pistol from my bro, and I just want to ask a few questions:
1. Is it safe to use a barrel from a Spyder (Specifically a stock Spyder RS '08 Barrel) as opposed to the small barrel ends the gun came with?
2. Is there a difference between the two small ends the gun came with, performance wise?
Besides those questions, any tips for playing woodsball with a pistol, opposed to a Tippmann 98 Custom Pro?
As far as barrels go, it all depends on paint, air temp, gun setup, et cetera. The only way to find out how they perform is to use them. Yes, the barrels are safe.

As far as actual usage, I'd assume you'd play like a lot of pump players do- very cautious and very precise because you can be outgunned easy by an electro.
"My goal this year is to prove natural selection on the show. It's gonna take a while, it's gonna be very hard to make it fascinating on film in the context of our narrative structure, but I figure screw it. The sky's the limit. Let's do natural selection. I'm sick of fifty percent of this country thinking creationism is reasonable. It's appalling."
Adam Savage of Mythbusters
I Am Goddam Metal Jesus

B2K4-SuperHonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:35 PM #3
Driek
Shenanigan Pump-Player

Thanks B2K4. If it matters, I use Diablo Heat paint, use Crossman and Copperhead 12g CO2.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:21 AM #4
Driek
Shenanigan Pump-Player

Can anyone else give me some more tips for woodsball? I am playing tommorow and could use some advice =)
Old 11-08-2008, 11:54 AM #5
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
There really is no difference between those tips. They are just for looks. Also, I don't think you'd need a different barrel on the pistol. The ACP can achieve 285-300 fps with the stock barrel and adding a longer barrel may increase gas usage thus getting you fewer shots per 12 gram.

Be sure to cock the marker BEFORE you tighten the 12 gram cap and puncture the 12 gram. If you don't, air can leak out through the barrel.

For playing, you want to move. Pistol players (and pumpers) rely on their lightness and small size to get close.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:30 PM #6
Mustang5L5

The two tips have different bores

The wide open one is 0.701"
The 3-dot one is 0.680"
- '06 Lasoya ProMaster ICDU LP cylinder w/Titanium rammer, Titanium bolt pin, Ebay Valve w/lightened spring, SCMIII, Evil Det, Killa Board, CCM feedneck, Redz Pepperstik barrel kit, CP trig, CP micro razor drop, CP on/off ASA. DXS 68/4500, Velocity Jr w/Gangstar chip (Or DXS Pulse) Short vid of it firing

- Ariakon ACP 2.0 Delrin bolt, Dummy 12G setup for HPA tank
Mustang5L5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 PM #7
Phillyblunts
phil klepka

Phillyblunts helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driek View Post
Can anyone else give me some more tips for woodsball? I am playing tommorow and could use some advice =)
Good tip for you - Follow me around with Petersons BT-4
Phillyblunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:52 PM #8
Mustang5L5

My tip is this

Use good cover and make your shots count. In the heat of battle, those 10 rounds go fast. Don't get into a firefight. 2-shot burst and duck.
- '06 Lasoya ProMaster ICDU LP cylinder w/Titanium rammer, Titanium bolt pin, Ebay Valve w/lightened spring, SCMIII, Evil Det, Killa Board, CCM feedneck, Redz Pepperstik barrel kit, CP trig, CP micro razor drop, CP on/off ASA. DXS 68/4500, Velocity Jr w/Gangstar chip (Or DXS Pulse) Short vid of it firing

- Ariakon ACP 2.0 Delrin bolt, Dummy 12G setup for HPA tank
Mustang5L5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:06 AM #9
Driek
Shenanigan Pump-Player

Ok thanks everyone, except Phillyblunts... I have no death wish today. And for the bore size, if I am using Diablo Heat (.68) paint, which one will perform better? Will a bigger bore size "barrel" cause less accuracy?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:42 PM #10
Syam Tam Chuk

A larger bore will cause you to lose accuracy, so try and select a paintball and barrel bore match for the best chance of first shot accuracy.

When playing pistol, use your speed and your light load out to get up close and flank people. If they bunker in and start tossing paint, sneak as close as you can safely, keep your eyes open for anyone else on your flanks, and if you get the chance during a lull, close the distance as fast as you can. Most of my pistol tags have been 20' or less.

Keep track of how many shots you have taken.

Then I thought, I could win this!
Syam Tam Chuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:18 PM #11
shooker8

Playin with pistol is fun. A tip is wait for your shot man. Just play it like a pump and wait for them to get a bit closer. Pistols are better than stock class...
shooker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:56 PM #12
Holler

Go to alamo city paintball's website and get the bolt and striker upgrades. it will increase gas efficiency a ton. also if you want to save money on magazines and decrease your overall weight and increase mobility, the back plug of the magazine can be removed by a screw driver. Just unplug and pour the 10 round in. but be careful. sometimes the spring bounces all the balls back out the top so try to do it gently or hold it, or make a bigger niche where the spring catches the groove. I'd recommend downgrading to the acp 1.0 magazine if you want to try this.
Holler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:12 PM #13
BobLong435 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syam Tam Chuk View Post
A larger bore will cause you to lose accuracy, so try and select a paintball and barrel bore match for the best chance of first shot accuracy.

When playing pistol, use your speed and your light load out to get up close and flank people. If they bunker in and start tossing paint, sneak as close as you can safely, keep your eyes open for anyone else on your flanks, and if you get the chance during a lull, close the distance as fast as you can. Most of my pistol tags have been 20' or less.

Keep track of how many shots you have taken.
No it won't, most guns today come with large bore barrels because they are better. Larger bore will get you more accuracy because the paintball doesn't come in contact with the sides and thus develop a spin to one side or the other.
You also get better accuracy and more quiet with a longer barrel, the explosion out of the tip that makes the noise we hear is due to high pressure air being released into a low pressure environment. If you can get that air to loose pressure(via a longer barrel or porting) you will have a more quiet marker. The paintball also doesn't undergo as much turbulence when the pressure is lower for the similar reasons.
BobLong435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:40 PM #14
BobLong435 (Banned)

Back when tanks first came out, they were believed to be invincible. However, it was soon discovered that a large lumbering beast with superpowerful gun was no match once the infantry supporting not around. A single trooper could take out a tank by simply running up, attaching an explosive to the side of the tank, and blowing it to kingdom come.
I tell you this to explain to you this secret, remember, you'll be carrying around at max a 10lbs gun with maybe 5 or so in caps, but spread out. They will have a hopper full, a couple full pods, a heavy tank, the gun alone will most likely be 2-3 times as heavy and as cumbersome as yours.

Pump players use this and know this, they can run faster, be more agile and do everything more nimbly than johnny lead weight spraying paint. As long as you keep your wits, pick your shots and learn to use his short comings against him, you can win the day.

Such as, if he is behind a wall, most people can be forced to hunker down for a couple seconds by simply shooting the wall he is hiding behind. That gives you enough time to run up, moving yards at a time, until you are right next to him.

You can also bring your weapon up faster, the quick draw. He knows that as he walks he has to keep his gun up and trained on where ever you may be. Unfortunately this is both a cumbersome and slow way to move. You can simply out maneuver in, fit through holes and brush he wouldn't expect, and place a single ball in his back.

You only have one weapon on you side with a pistol, your speed. And, if you can use that speed, and use it smartly, you can get at least 2-3 out before they mow you down like grass.(such is paintball )

Remember: play smart, play small, play silent.
BobLong435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:59 PM #15
Ben.haK (Banned)

Or don't play at all lest you be a ******.

Ben.haK is offline   Reply With Quote