PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2009, 04:07 AM #85
phiend
IV:XX

has been a member for 10 years
Wednesday was kind of boring. They really need to expand the songs in rotation. I've seen 3 Harry Hoods in 5 shows. A bunch of other songs twice.
Seems like there are only around 50ish songs in the rotation now.

The highlight of last night, was of course this:

Last time played: 9/24/99, 186 shows ago.

Thursday looks good on paper, but I can't find any tapes yet. At least they played Time Turns Elastic Thursday so I won't have to sit through another one tonight.

Have you heard the Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan from Philly1 yet? Vids are up on Youtube. The more I listen to it, the more I like it.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 AM #86
fluffhead (Banned)
move it like berney

I'm actually a big fan of most of their newer stuff too, specifically Stealing time, backwards down the number line, and joy. I agree I was thinking the same thing last night about how it seems like they do a lot of songs. The one I'm noticing most is them opening sets with AC/DC Bag. As time goes on hopefully the songs get more and more.

Last edited by fluffhead : 12-04-2009 at 11:57 AM.
fluffhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:58 AM #87
fluffhead (Banned)
move it like berney

Also going to wait in line now for the disco biscuit tickets. These are going to be a pain in the *** to get.

edit:
Actually I'm just going to open up a couple of computers and try to pick them up online.
It's like 3 degrees outside and I don't feel like walking all the way to the venue's box office. Originally they were only going to sell them there, for only cash. But now it says LIMITED online

Hopefully I don't **** myself ha

Last edited by fluffhead : 12-04-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:10 PM #88
fluffhead (Banned)
move it like berney

So I ended up going to wait and gave a buddy my card info to check online. I waited outside in the 12 degree weather for 2.5 hours, and tickets sold out when i was 3 people away. Luckily my buddy was able to snag 1 ticket to the first night online, but online sold out within a minute of going on sale...

and now people are asking 100 dollars for a 30 dollar face ticket. Hopefully good karma for never selling above face comes to me.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:32 PM #89
phiend

I've seen joy, but didn't care for it much. BDTNL I've seen too but don't recall now, which means I Didn't like it much. I'll post some thoughts on new songs later. On the train now on the way to MSG. I think tonight is either gonna be epic or terrible. Hoping they melt my face tonight.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM #90
fluffhead (Banned)
move it like berney

My guess: they will melt your face off and it will be epic. I really really really think they are going to pull out some surprises tonight. Peaches was a tease.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:50 AM #91
phiend

MSG3 set I
MSG3 set II

I'm going to sleep. Its been a fun night.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:13 PM #92
phiend

I thought about writing a song by song review of everything I've seen in the last 10 or so days, but decided that would take forever, and no one would read it. So I'll just post some highlights from each night and then talk about where I feel they are now.

11.24.09 Philadelphia Night 1

1st set
Pretty much all of set I is a highlight expect the Chalkdust Torture to open. I love Cities, I love Camel Walk and had never seen them play it before, so Cities>Camel Walk was awesome. Reba was great, I always love that song, and it had a glow stick war which is different. I love glow stick wars, and both nights of Philly had multiple glow stick wars with serious amount of them. Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan I had never heard at all until they played it to close the 1st set, and knew immediately I liked it. It is definitely my favorite new song.

2nd set
Again, the whole set is a highlight really. Possum is a great song. Harry Hood is one of my favorite songs ever, and had a massive glow stick war. It was kind of short at around 12 minutes, but that would become a common theme as I saw more nights. Mikes Song>Simple>Slave To The Traffic Light>Weekapaug Groove was incredible, especially the Slave jam and Weekapaug.

encore
A Day In The Life is a good song, but a one song encore? That's pretty weak.

11.24.09 Philadelphia Night 2

1st set
When I first heard Kill Devil Falls, I didn't care for it, when I heard it this night, I still didn't really care for it much. But after hearing it a few more times, it is growing on me. Not quite a highlight, but worth mentioning anyway. Halley's Comet>Divided Sky was great. I love both of these songs, especially Halley's Comet. Divided Sky had a silent jam, and the crowd was loud as hell during it. If you don't know, a silent jam is the band pretending to play their instruments, but not making any noise. Its probably something you have to be there to really get, but I had only ever seen one before so it was cool to experience again. Run Like An Antelope is another of my favorite songs and it raged.

Set 2
Birds Of A Feather I like, and it had a weird jam that was awesome. Tweezer was sick. In the middle it was really raging, but I thought it was too raging at the moment and that it needed to slow down some for a while and build to raging again. Right as I was thinking it needed to back off they slowed it down. You Enjoy Myself as great. Vocal Jam included "Don't feed your dog no turkey" which is a common Thanksgiving theme from Trey, going back to as far as 1992 that I've heard. Tweezer Reprise owns, that simple.

Albany highlights tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:47 PM #93
fluffhead (Banned)
move it like berney

Lol I love how in Richmond a naked guy ran on stage during the first set and hugged trey and then when he got caught trey said "let's hear it for the naked guy" and then at the end of the second set they closed with Run Like an Antelope but replaced antelope with naked guy. Made me laugh pretty hard. Gotta love em
Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM #94
phiend

Did you see the video of it? He actually hugs Trey, and I've heard kissed him too, but the video is like from a cell phone or something and not totally clear.

There was a naked guy at Portland 11.29 too, but he was outside the venue.
Not quite sure what makes people on LSD think its a good idea to take off their clothes and do stupid ****.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxdgyMBrZE

I love how he runs around the stage in circles with no idea what to do next.

Edit 2: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post63624846

better view.

Last edited by phiend : 12-07-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 PM #95
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
No String Cheese love?

Once in awhile you get shown the light, the strangest of places if you look at it right.
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 PM #96
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
No String Cheese love?
Psshhhhh, like I said before, they put on easily my favorite show of Rothbury '09:

I MUST see them again soon <3
BBp8ntballaLP508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:18 PM #97
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
I wish I could have made it up there but I am a smaller festival type of guy and Wakarusa was the place to be for me. Some of my friends who really aren't big into cheese came back from the festival in the front seat of the bandwagon.

Luckily I was able to finally see SCI perform at a festival(when they are at their best) in 2007 at Big Summer Classic(3 nights of cheese goodness). They really changed my perception of music that weekend and have kept the number 1 spot on my band list. They are a true triple threat jam band(classic jam, electronic jam, acoustic-blue grass jam). I enjoy this style because they are able to adapt to the new trends of this ever evolving genre.

Once in awhile you get shown the light, the strangest of places if you look at it right.
ScottQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:34 PM #98
Smitty12

Smitty12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Rothbury was straight WILEY sen.Alot of great music,good weather.Saw some super ritualistic dosings at Shpongle....

"Talkin' mad reckless right now kid"
Smitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 PM #99
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads

jackassguy147 is a Supporting Member
Keller Williams anyone?! Such good talent.

jackassguy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 PM #100
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

Quote:
I wish I could have made it up there but I am a smaller festival type of guy and Wakarusa was the place to be for me. Some of my friends who really aren't big into cheese came back from the festival in the front seat of the bandwagon.

Luckily I was able to finally see SCI perform at a festival(when they are at their best) in 2007 at Big Summer Classic(3 nights of cheese goodness). They really changed my perception of music that weekend and have kept the number 1 spot on my band list. They are a true triple threat jam band(classic jam, electronic jam, acoustic-blue grass jam). I enjoy this style because they are able to adapt to the new trends of this ever evolving genre.
Well said

Oh, and Rothbury was my first 'incident' and it was a GREAT one. I was excited to hear that they'd be touring in 2010 because seeing them is an absolute must at this point.
BBp8ntballaLP508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 PM #101
fluffhead (Banned)
move it like berney

Everyone should hit up red rocks when they come. You can be housed at my place
My friend's uncle gets free tickets to cheese and keller, so How? no idea but I'm not complaining. Glad to see some activity in this thread today. Also phiend I saw the video. I only noticed a hug but I love how trey like pats him on the back almost. I'd be like YO GET THIS GUY OFF ME haha but he just kind of looks around to make sure the guy doesn't run into him. I still think Run like a naked guy was hilarious. He's fast!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:53 PM #102
fluffhead (Banned)
move it like berney

Quote:
I heard a rumor that SCI may show up at waka this year. Apparently ticket prices are a little higher as well, so people are speculating that it may be true. I can't wait until rothbury announces their 2010 lineup. I honestly NEED it. I'm having sherwood forest withdrawals!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 PM #103
phiend

Where is Rothbury?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM #104
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads

jackassguy147 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
Where is Rothbury?
Michigan.

jackassguy147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:54 AM #105
mynameisgeorgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackassguy147 View Post
Keller Williams anyone?! Such good talent.

im a big keller williams fan

my, my roommate, and stepdad got our wanee tickets. anybody else going?
mynameisgeorgel is offline   Reply With Quote