Community Focus

Old 11-17-2009, 05:13 PM #43
S.O.Ricky
cerial momma 4ever dudes!

S.O.Ricky supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetocheat69 View Post
^^^Never heard of it...vids?

Future Rock was sick, they have the shortest board player on the planet, but I made sure to let him know how sick his jams are.

And I've decided that I absolutely must go to rothbury again this year.

New England Blizzard
Bob Long
KOHN Sports
RIP Sub 5
S.O.Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2009, 04:49 AM #44
phiend
IV:XX

has been a member for 10 years
Hearing rumors of Phish in Europe for spring 2010. Might mean skipping Miami for new years and start saving for me!
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:19 PM #45
fluffhead (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiend View Post
Hearing rumors of Phish in Europe for spring 2010. Might mean skipping Miami for new years and start saving for me!
That would be pretty sick
fluffhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:05 PM #46
fluffhead (Banned)

"We regret to inform you that you did not get the tickets that you requested through Phish Tickets."

Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM #47
phiend

^
Probably better off anyway. Unless you like sitting in the 400 section behind the stage.

There will be tickets around if you get shut out for the public sale Saturday. Everything except NYE should be reasonably easy. I've seen people selling their mail order tickets already. Some guy had 2 for each night for $470ish a few minutes ago.

Quote:
i got 2 tickets to all 4 nights.
473.80 and they're yours...

...300's for the first three and behind the stage for NYE.

Last edited by phiend : 11-18-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 PM #48
fluffhead (Banned)

Yeah when I saw what you said last page I got a bit nervous. I more than anything want a nice seat to the new years eve show. Even if that would mean missing a night. I'll hopefully find a way to work it out that I'm there. Out of curiosity, how many times you seen phish?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 PM #49
phiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
Yeah when I saw what you said last page I got a bit nervous. I more than anything want a nice seat to the new years eve show. Even if that would mean missing a night. I'll hopefully find a way to work it out that I'm there. Out of curiosity, how many times you seen phish?
I am really not sure what to do about NYE now. I'd love to go..but I'd hate to spend what it would take, than find out the Europe spring dates are confirmed and not be able to afford at least a few shows over there. There will be more NYE shows, but who knows if they'll ever make it back to Europe again.

Around 35 times or so, I'm not sure on the exact number. I'm guessing you've seen them before? What was your first show, and your favorite? My first was 12/01/95 in Hershey PA. My favorite, without any doubt, is easily NYE 2000.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:58 PM #50
fluffhead (Banned)

Quote:
I am really not sure what to do about NYE now. I'd love to go..but I'd hate to spend what it would take, than find out the Europe spring dates are confirmed and not be able to afford at least a few shows over there. There will be more NYE shows, but who knows if they'll ever make it back to Europe again.

Around 35 times or so, I'm not sure on the exact number. I'm guessing you've seen them before? What was your first show, and your favorite? My first was 12/01/95 in Hershey PA. My favorite, without any doubt, is easily NYE 2000.
Yeah it's a lotttt of money to travel that time of the year. That's why it's still not 100% that I will make it out there. I would definently hope that if they did a europe 2010 spring tour it would fall over my spring break at school that way I could maybe catch a couple because it'd be something else.

Unfortunately I've only been able to see them once, and I can honestly say it was life-changing. I saw them on August 2nd this year at Red Rocks and it was incredible.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 PM #51
lovetocheat69

Quote:

Pretty inredible man. I applaud. It would be a pretty crazy world if everybody had so much passion for an artist, or even music in general.
"Originally posted by Lucidus: Meh, not to be a dick, but if I can't safely pull over, you guys can just wait to go spray a fire with a hose. Nothing against firefighters or EMTs, but nothing you are doing is worth me crashing my bike, nothing."
lovetocheat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:19 PM #52
phiend

Quote:
Yeah it's a lotttt of money to travel that time of the year. That's why it's still not 100% that I will make it out there. I would definently hope that if they did a europe 2010 spring tour it would fall over my spring break at school that way I could maybe catch a couple because it'd be something else.

Unfortunately I've only been able to see them once, and I can honestly say it was life-changing. I saw them on August 2nd this year at Red Rocks and it was incredible.
Rumors I saw had dates listed in mid-May.

05/09/10 Dusseldorf, Germany. Burg-Wachter Castello
05/10/10 Munich, Germany. Zenith
05/12/10 Bern, Switzerland. Post Finance Arena
05/13/10 Milan, Italy. Milan Auditorium
05/15/10 Barcelona, Spain. The Palau de la Musica Catalana
05/17/10 Paris, France. Elysee Montmartre
05/18/10 Amsterdam, Netherlands. Vondelpark
05/19/10 Amsterdam, Netherlands. Vondelpark
05/21/10 London, United Kingdom. O2 Arena
05/22/10 London, United Kingdom. O2 Arena

I doubt I could take that kind of time off work and still have a job when I got back, which sucks. If these dates were correct, I'd probably be looking at Paris through London.

I hope they have a lot of shows left in them. You should have a bunch of chances in the future to catch them, and as long as they don't take any extended breaks, they will just keep getting better and better.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:30 PM #53
fluffhead (Banned)

Yeah I'm really hoping they have a lot left in them. I'm hoping to see them a bunch. And may dates are even better! I'll be out of school Luckily I have no classes on monday/wed/friday so I'm going to have to start making money. I hope the rumors turn out to be true. That'd be amazing.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:53 PM #54
phiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetocheat69 View Post
Pretty inredible man. I applaud. It would be a pretty crazy world if everybody had so much passion for an artist, or even music in general.
I missed this before, sorry...But passing up a chance to see your favorite band, someone you've seen play to 60,000-80,000 people, in a venue that holds less than 600 people is just more than I can pass up.

Quote:
Yeah I'm really hoping they have a lot left in them.
I think Trey getting sober and having time away, to actually miss playing gave him a taste of "you don't know what you've got till its gone". And they seem to be jumping back into things really fast. The Hampton run this spring, then summer and fall tours, and new year run, I think I heard Miami will be 50 shows in 2009.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:44 PM #55
fluffhead (Banned)

Seeing Railroad Earth tonight! This is the most excited I've been for a show in awhile
Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 AM #56
phiend

I've never seen or heard of RRE, I'll have to see if I can find some on youtube.

Anyone listen to Moe.? Keller Williams? Medeski Martin and Wood? Bela Fleck?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:21 PM #57
fluffhead (Banned)

I love Keller. I also wanted to say that Yonder Mountain String Band needed to be mentioned because they are awesome even though they are more bluegrass but they do know how to jam. I'm negotiating who to see on new years now that I'm not going to be going to Florida, Yonder or Soundtribe. Both play 12/30 and 12/31 in Denver, I'm definitely going to go to one show of each, it's just a matter of who I want to spend my new years with.

This is a pretty good RRE video. I really enjoy this song too

Last edited by fluffhead : 11-20-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:08 PM #58
rigatron (Banned)

rigatron owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBp8ntballaLP508 View Post
I forgot to post back, hehe. Anyhow, here are the vids I took at Rothbury:
We were so far away at the Umphrey's show on Saturday, so it's basically just the light show and the music. The lights were so intense at times that my camera couldn't handle it lol...
[vido]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQj7q7Gg6MA[/video]
[veo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsAZMTlpAeU[/video]
The Dead:
[veo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd4Mqll0zcc[/video]

Oh, and this isn't really jam at all, but for those of you who went to Rothbury and missed Davy Knowles, he's a ****in' beast...video proof:
[vid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpXZEcFLJU[/video]

And here are a few I took from a show Umphrey's played at IU:

I was there and it was ****ing amazing
rigatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 PM #59
fluffhead (Banned)

I'm really hoping once Phish finishes their fall tour they announce the Europe tour in Spring. Because I am going to make sure I set up a schedule that would allow me to get a job and get some money so I could follow them since school will be over for the year. Also I'm sure you guys already know all this stuff but if you have a twitter (I made one specifically for this) you can follow a real time update of their setlist. I dono just think it's awesome to see.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 AM #60
phiend

I think I heard they would announce it in December. To me, and the way things have been announced this year, I would actually expect it 1-3 weeks into January.

I still haven't decided what to do about new years tickets and I am running out of time to make a choice. I really want to just get them and then figure out next spring when it gets here.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:47 AM #61
fluffhead (Banned)

I would love new years tickets, but the fact of the matter is to travel at that time of year is so expensive as it is that I think I'd just be better off waiting for something else. Like you said, there will be more NYE shows. That's kind of what helped me with my decision and thought process lol.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:01 AM #62
pok3ypup
woof woof

Festival music.

EOTO fall into the category of jam/electro band?
XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1xX XxHat3d1xXXxHat3d1
pok3ypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 AM #63
lovetocheat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by pok3ypup View Post
Festival music.

EOTO fall into the category of jam/electro band?
Yesssssssss
"Originally posted by Lucidus: Meh, not to be a dick, but if I can't safely pull over, you guys can just wait to go spray a fire with a hose. Nothing against firefighters or EMTs, but nothing you are doing is worth me crashing my bike, nothing."
lovetocheat69 is offline   Reply With Quote