PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-29-2009, 07:24 PM #1
lovetocheat69

has been a member for 10 years
Jam/Electronic Jam Thread

Ok so these bands don't get much love in this forum so we need some representation.

Favorite artists: Lotus, Phish, Umphreys McGee, STS9, Pnuma Trio, Future Rock

Enjoy, discuss, comment.
"Originally posted by Lucidus: Meh, not to be a dick, but if I can't safely pull over, you guys can just wait to go spray a fire with a hose. Nothing against firefighters or EMTs, but nothing you are doing is worth me crashing my bike, nothing."

Last edited by lovetocheat69 : 10-30-2009 at 08:42 AM.
lovetocheat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 PM #2
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

"Rather lame in my opinion, would be better with out the singer IMO. His words are meaningless to me (No idea what he talking about, saying, ect) and just adds clutter and poppy tone. The singing takes away from the sound, which is actualy pretty good, but not catchy like a clever jam IMO."

But really, Umphreys is pretty sweet.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 PM #3
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

I was at Rothbury this year, so naturally I enjoy jam bands for the most part. I've seen Umphrey's twice, The Dead, STS9, Lotus, and The String Cheese Incident. I'll post some vids I took that I've posted in other threads before soon...
BBp8ntballaLP508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:49 PM #4
lovetocheat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
"Rather lame in my opinion, would be better with out the singer IMO. His words are meaningless to me (No idea what he talking about, saying, ect) and just adds clutter and poppy tone. The singing takes away from the sound, which is actualy pretty good, but not catchy like a clever jam IMO."

But really, Umphreys is pretty sweet.
Muahahah, Spirtualize is the epitemy of a clever jam.
"Originally posted by Lucidus: Meh, not to be a dick, but if I can't safely pull over, you guys can just wait to go spray a fire with a hose. Nothing against firefighters or EMTs, but nothing you are doing is worth me crashing my bike, nothing."
Old 10-30-2009, 01:03 AM #5
lovetocheat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBp8ntballaLP508 View Post
I was at Rothbury this year, so naturally I enjoy jam bands for the most part. I've seen Umphrey's twice, The Dead, STS9, Lotus, and The String Cheese Incident. I'll post some vids I took that I've posted in other threads before soon...
Was at Rothbury also. Do post.

Hopefully seeing Pnuma Trio on Saturday, just need some cake.

Last edited by lovetocheat69 : 10-30-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:03 AM #6
phiend
IV:XX

Anyone going to any Phish fall tour shows? I have tickets for both nights in Philadelphia, and the 3rd night of NYC right now. I'd really like to get tickets for the 1st and 2nd nights of NYC, and both nights in Albany too.
phiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:32 AM #7
hot like sauce (Banned)

I was at rothbury too. Time of my life. Saw pnuma a couople weeks ago. Was gonna see Eoto tomorrow but instead flew out to arizona.
hot like sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:45 AM #8
lovetocheat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot like sauce View Post
I was at rothbury too. Time of my life. Saw pnuma a couople weeks ago. Was gonna see Eoto tomorrow but instead flew out to arizona.
You see pretty lights at Roth? Saw them last weekend, the new CD is ****ing mind blowing live.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:25 PM #9
hot like sauce (Banned)

Nah I saw MSTRKRFT instead I believe. I've seen Pretty Lights plenty since I live in colorado . Also no disco biscuits in the OP? WEAK
Old 10-30-2009, 02:24 PM #10
lovetocheat69

Quote:
Nah I saw MSTRKRFT instead I believe. I've seen Pretty Lights plenty since I live in colorado . Also no disco biscuits in the OP? WEAK
Lucky ***.

Ha, I can put a vid up. A friend of mine just saw them last night. Best song?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 PM #11
Fall_Child
wait, what?

Disco Biscuits
Fall_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 AM #12
lovetocheat69

Saw Pnuma Trio this weekend. A complete and absolute mind **** if you catch the vibe.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 PM #13
hot like sauce (Banned)

Pnuma trio =

I wanted to go to festival 8 this weekend so terribly. thank god for livephish so I could download the sets acoustic versions of bouncing around the room and wilson and curtain = DROOL
Old 11-02-2009, 09:26 PM #14
EmPiReStEaK23

Were is The New Deal At?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 AM #15
lovetocheat69

A better question, what is the new deal?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM #16
hot like sauce (Banned)

God damn festival 8 would've been life changing.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 AM #17
Quittman
818L8

Quittman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Pnuma trio =

I wanted to go to festival 8 this weekend so terribly. thank god for livephish so I could download the sets acoustic versions of bouncing around the room and wilson and curtain = DROOL
they played the Fox a few months ago. I missed it but a friend of mine said it was amazing.

How'd u like MSTRKRFT @ the Fox? I had a good time but they had a way better set when they were there back in March.
Quittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:01 AM #18
hot like sauce (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quittman View Post
they played the Fox a few months ago. I missed it but a friend of mine said it was amazing.

How'd u like MSTRKRFT @ the Fox? I had a good time but they had a way better set when they were there back in March.
I saw pnuma trio and big gigantic at the fox back when school was starting around i believe. It was an awesome show. I went more for big gigantic, I had heard of pnuma trio but never got into them, but after that night I have been a huge fan. They rocked and the vibes were so awesome. I missed mstrkrft because i wasn't paying 60 bucks to see them in that weather.

Got me some tickets to yonder mountain string band and sts9 over new years weekend though

And railroad earth in 2 weeks. might be seeing perpetual groove and underground orchestra on friday but not sure.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:16 AM #19
BBp8ntballaLP508
☮♥♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetocheat69 View Post
Was at Rothbury also. Do post.
I forgot to post back, hehe. Anyhow, here are the vids I took at Rothbury:
We were so far away at the Umphrey's show on Saturday, so it's basically just the light show and the music. The lights were so intense at times that my camera couldn't handle it lol...

The Dead:

Oh, and this isn't really jam at all, but for those of you who went to Rothbury and missed Davy Knowles, he's a ****in' beast...video proof:

And here are a few I took from a show Umphrey's played at IU:

BBp8ntballaLP508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 PM #20
hot like sauce (Banned)

Ahhh I can't decide whether or not I want to go see perpetual groove on friday. I hear they are crazy live though.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 PM #21
lovetocheat69

Quote:
Ahhh I can't decide whether or not I want to go see perpetual groove on friday. I hear they are crazy live though.
I heard the same man. Go for it.