Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM #1
leadfoot100
*holds up middle finger*

leadfoot100 supports Cereal Killerz 2
leadfoot100 donated to help Peyton Trent
Who else liked CK1 better?

Stab me if you will, and i know you will. I thought CK was completely different. different dynamics, different music, more dramatic. There is a lot of points that make this squeal different, of course while in a nutshell its the same thing as CK1.

I PERSONALLY thought CK was slightly better than CK2. Sorry Patrick. I thought you did an amazing job filming and spent a lot of time on getting great angels for sure, but it just didn't have that original Cereal Killerz feeling to it.

Anyone else here tell me if they agree; I remember the first time I watched CK. I was stunned when the ending credits rolled through. I even sat through the credits in awe, in shock from the stories and compilations of awesome angels mixed perfectly with the just the right music for each individual player. With CK2, i was not as much stunned, it was way better than other dvds, but it just lacked that something special about it.

I guess that is all I have to say. Badger me all you like, but for those who may agree, your not alone.

May the murder begin.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2009, 10:59 PM #2
sNoW DeFiAnT
Tu Ne Cede Malis

has been a member for 10 years
sNoW DeFiAnT supports Cereal Killerz 2
I took this from another thread in here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sNoW DeFiAnT View Post
Footage was fantastic. The high speed camera was a great touch. Some of the shots were a little too zoomed in (top of head cut off, end of barrel can't be seen) but thats being really nitpicky.

The main thing is I didn't like the music at all, well with the exception of the trailer song. It definitely didn't cover the range of music that Cereal Killerz or H4AD did. It was really hard to get my mind off that and it detracted from some of the best paintball footage I've ever seen.

Other small stuff I didn't like was the lack of non playing scenes aside from the intro scenes with them standing around (the trauma house was an example of something I would've wanted more of) or the players talking over them playing (like Ron Kilbourne talking about helping new players or how paintball has changed) or something like Bob Long yelling at his players or Davey Williamson talking about finding the drive in himself.

Basically I would've liked less 300fps and more of the paintball I know and love. CK was touching on documentary status whereas CK2 had great shots.

Don't let this get you down. I still liked the movie. A lot. I think I was just expecting something different.
The music detracted A LOT. At least for me. Maybe Pat was going through a phase?
sNoW DeFiAnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:07 PM #3
leadfoot100
*holds up middle finger*

The more I think about it, the more i dont like CK2.... (I just watched it an hour ago, which is why i wrote the thread)
It is a great addition to the collection, but not a masterpiece.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 PM #4
Blazer707
HoodRat

Blazer707 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Blazer707 helped look for balloons
Blazer707 plays in the APPA beginner division
there both great movies, ck1 is just epic because the it was so different when it came out. ck2 is alot of amazing footage and its a tie between them.

BLACK/GREEN V2 VICTORY FOR SALE ONLY
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post74550457
Blazer707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:23 PM #5
th954
FGCU Paintball

th954 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i agree, i liked ck2 but i didn't get the same WOW like i did from ck, i still even watch ck from time to time. but every time i watch ck2 it grows on me a little more

"This guy is the king of the bull**** stories and has more of em than you could shake a stick at. He gets tail from broads that live 8 timezones away so there is no way he'll ever get caught in the lie. This guy could have gone pro but he hurt his knee so he's playing Jr B now and he once killed a wolf with his bare hands and has fake pictures to prove it. If you dare tell a story in his presense he will one-up you without thinking twice about it."
th954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:06 AM #6
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by th954 View Post
i agree, i liked ck2 but i didn't get the same WOW like i did from ck, i still even watch ck from time to time. but every time i watch ck2 it grows on me a little more
and so will the music... you'll see.

-patrick

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
MonkeyWithaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 AM #7
bshort524
All Grey! Sweatsuit!

bshort524 plays in the PSP
bshort524 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bshort524 plays in the APPA D4 division
both are excellent. but nothing, nothing trumps H4AD I would hope that we could all agree on that. If not you suck haha
true they're two different style movies, but a story like that is always preferable to individual highlights.
Team No Name Kids #3
PPTF
Matt's Outback
Kee/Empire
Raza Paintball
bshort524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:24 AM #8
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.

Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
My only complaint about CK2 are three of the people chosen for the spotlight. Which is just personal preference really.

I personally loved the music and there are plenty of those "make me famous" shots, you know, the one's that people talk about a week later. Basically like Rocky Cagnoni's shot in push that I still hear referenced with awe.

Pat, I loved the movie, I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us next.
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 AM #9
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports Cereal Killerz 2
ycpb supports our troops
i think many people dont like the music because they dont understand it...

if you watch h4ad with commentary youll listen how pat explains some parts of the movie and how the go with the lyrics/songs..

you just have to listen and watch to understand the message pat is trying to get out to us..

HOUSTON ZONE
ycpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:01 AM #10
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
i loved the music to be honest...and i thought it was very goodi think the reason ck was so big was because it was one of the first paintball film/documentary to come out..which was a huge deal

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
saints11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:46 AM #11
moosecakes
GWC #33

moosecakes is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyWithaGun View Post

-patrick
This is VERY true!
First time i watched CK2, i felt like CK was better, solely because of the music, but ive watched CK2 about 10 times now and every time the music gets better and better and better. Both are in a totally different world when it comes to paintball movies. No other movies come close.

GWC
moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 AM #12
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshort524 View Post
both are excellent. but nothing, nothing trumps H4AD I would hope that we could all agree on that. If not you suck haha
true they're two different style movies, but a story like that is always preferable to individual highlights.
Let the truth be told, I think H4AD was some of the best story telling I have done to date and one of the most challenging films for me to make, I got really lucky with this one. All the cards fell into place and it had nothing to do with me, I mean that.

But I have to say I do think that CK1 had a more upbeat fell to it vs. CK2. Ck2 hits a little more on the reality of the state that paintball is in today. I think that it needs to be told, and kids need to realize that this is only a sport that we should do for the love of it and not try to make a living playing paintball. Not to say you can't I just don't think the odds are that great for success...

-patrick

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
MonkeyWithaGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:53 AM #13
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports our troops
Quote:
I think that it needs to be told, and kids need to realize that this is only a sport that we should do for the love of it and not try to make a living playing paintball. Not to say you can't I just don't think the odds are that great for success...

-patrick

HOUSTON ZONE
Old 10-20-2009, 01:58 AM #14
sNoW DeFiAnT
Tu Ne Cede Malis

sNoW DeFiAnT supports Cereal Killerz 2
CK was good because of a multitude of factors. The best players, big names, legends, people who shaped the sport, amazing shots, and great music.

CK2 really lacks in the music department. In CK1 we had a real mix: Statistics, Bay Root, No Motiv, Elseworth. I really don't care about the lyrics, there's a lot more to music (especially in a production film) than lyrics. Frankly a lot of the songs in CK2 sounded really similar. One of the reasons why this didn't work is because of the focus on individual players, and these individual players should have songs that sound more individual so that we can connect better.

Overall the film was still good, I was just let down in terms of music.

CK1 and CK2 are still the only videos on my iphone.
sNoW DeFiAnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 AM #15
moosecakes
GWC #33

moosecakes is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycpb View Post
You do realize this is true right....?
IDK how many other people besides for Ollie Lang are making a true living off paintball. You should do it for fun, not to make a salary off of.

GWC
moosecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:51 AM #16
scottaka_rufio

scottaka_rufio helped look for balloons
Quote:

-patrick
Very true i didnt care for the music at first but im pretty sure every song is on my itouch right now haha
scottaka_rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:39 AM #17
Ant UK Refs

What so those posted already didn't get the greatest music segment ok CK2? I'm talking about Thomas Taylor's piece. On 1 hand you have the calm, methodical, sense talking Thomas, with apt music. Then....cut to the playing scenes and it's all "Gonna ****ing kiil ya, rip out your heart, die for my brothers" angry punk song..........very very apt in my opinion. And yeah I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Also you have to understand that when CK1 came out, paintball was very much in a state of money money money, spoilt *** kids with the attitude that just cos they had Mommy and Daddy but them a $2,000 killing machine, and had just a tiny bit of skill to go with that gat, then they were owed by paintball, and wanted to collect... BULLSH!T!!!!!! Wake up and realise that CK1 is where paintball was back then, CK2 is where paintball is at now. Personally I loved it, not least because I'm on it haha. Blink and you miss me, but I am there!!

Proudly sponsored by Dye, Proto, Planet Eclipse and Headshot Designs....designers of the sickest ref shirt in the world, period

Last edited by Ant UK Refs : 10-20-2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: .
Ant UK Refs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:46 AM #18
ycpb

ycpb plays in the PSP
ycpb supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosecakes View Post
You do realize this is true right....?
IDK how many other people besides for Ollie Lang are making a true living off paintball. You should do it for fun, not to make a salary off of.
i know its true but sad to know..

HOUSTON ZONE
Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 AM #19
leadfoot100
*holds up middle finger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant UK Refs View Post
What so those posted already didn't get the greatest music segment ok CK2? I'm talking about Thomas Taylor's piece. On 1 hand you have the calm, methodical, sense talking Thomas, with apt music. Then....cut to the playing scenes and it's all "Gonna ****ing kiil ya, rip out your heart, die for my brothers" angry punk song..........very very apt in my opinion. And yeah I understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I agree, and disagree at the same time.
IMO, Rocky knuth's scene in CK was by far the best for "I'm gonna kill you" music. I'm very well versed when it comes to music. i listen to it for a living, I listen to anything from mozart to cradle of filth and everything in between. Those might not be my favorites, but because i have to listen to such a diversity of music, i dont really have favorites anymore. Music is powerful in more ways that just lyrics. I still feel like the music was all the same in a sense. There was just not enough contrast between players.

I DO however see where this film is less about the awe and more about getting today's paintball story across to everyone. it was much needed.

Last edited by leadfoot100 : 10-20-2009 at 02:17 PM.
leadfoot100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 PM #20
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
You mean Rocky Knuth?

There's an old adage in Hollywood: the sequel has to be twice as good to be considered half as good.

Think about that. If you like Cereal Killerz better, but only marginally, only by a bit... or even by a fair amount but not twice as much... think about how good that makes CK2.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:16 PM #21
leadfoot100
*holds up middle finger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
You mean Rocky Knuth?

There's an old adage in Hollywood: the sequel has to be twice as good to be considered half as good.

Think about that. If you like Cereal Killerz better, but only marginally, only by a bit... or even by a fair amount but not twice as much... think about how good that makes CK2.
yes. shut up.

I saw someone else post cagnoni's name earlier... i got side tracked.