PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-09-2001, 06:40 PM #1
brk771

has been a member for 10 years
Intellifeed Question

Looking over a search over how to install intellifeed, I think I understand how to install it, but I'm not quite sure.

So, I cut the wires going from the motor to the board of my rev, and just solder the intellifeed wires on to it? How do I install the wires from the rail to my gun?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2001, 07:26 PM #2
phuncky1

You're pretty much right on....but make sure you have the polarity correct. On the bottom of the motor...where one of the wires was attached before you cut it off, there will be a red dot...solder the red wire from the intellifeed on to that.

As far as the rail to gun installation.....it's very easy...just take the sight rail off, take off the left side of the grip...take the trigger frame off of the body, and take off the back plate.....there is a spring in there, so be careful.

Next, just fish the wires down into the gun from the top (its easier to fish them through to the back of the gun where the back plate was, then fish them down into the bottom.)

When you have it down into the bottom of the gun with the other 2 sets of wires, carefully put the frame back on, don't pinch the wires.

On your board, there will be another jack, similiar to the ones that the other 2 harnesses plug into...just plug it in and put your gun back together.

Just make sure that you remember which jacks the wires came out of...it's pretty simple, one won't fit the other, and they are all marked.

That's it!
Old 11-09-2001, 07:53 PM #3
brk771

Alright, but there are 4 wires from the motor to the board, and 2 wires in the intellifeed. So I solder the red wire to a red dot on the motor correct? Where do I put the blue wire?
Thanks.
Old 11-09-2001, 08:12 PM #4
BOMOD

BOMOD is a Supporting Member
A while back, I posted a method for attaching to the Rev without soldering or cutting wires. Take a look at http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=12290.

Keep us posted on how it went!

Last edited by BOMOD : 11-09-2001 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2001, 12:37 AM #5
phuncky1

Actually...if you take the 4 screws out from the cover on the bottom of the motor, there are only 2 wires leading into the motor. One is positive, the other one is ground.

Solder the red wire onto the post with the red dot, and the other wire onto the other post.
Old 11-10-2001, 12:40 AM #6
phuncky1

I just checked BOMOD's method of hooking up the Intellifeed...it will definitely work....but if for some reason, the motor goes bad...you can always just snip the wires off of the motor, replace the motor, and solder the wires back on to the new motor.