PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-16-2009, 10:16 PM #85
boonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzek View Post
If your front bumper has a notch in it, it is very likely you have the other updated parts as well. Are you experiencing any issues with your NT?
no my front bumper doesnt have a notch in it.......and my asa sometimes leaks from the small hole at the bottom of the asa.....if you give a light bump on the tank it will stop leaking....tried changing the tank o-sing but its still happening....my team mate also had a NT and we bought it together he is also facing the same problem...thats why he asked me to check with you guys over here.....he said that you guys sent him the upgraded parts.......so can you all send the upgraded parts to me as well? since we bought it at the same time so i would say its should be in the same batch
boonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 AM #86
[Raven]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Something is def. wrong with my NT...
It chopps like hell. I got the notch cut piston bumber stock and the blue tip was insatlled, too. Dont know if I also got the others, because my ASAs is all silver and i cant see if its anodized or not. (but the milling looks def. different than the picture on the first page) Spring ... wheres the difference? New eye-pipe? I dunno...
Ash is not answering for 2 weeks now, only get his auto mail response "out of office"

I discovered something strange today while relubing my gun.
Back bumper of the piston is nearly "gone"...

greetings from Germany

my bumper died on me (same like your case) only after 4 to 5 cases

using a brand new one now, only have one extra bumper left, and i dont have an extra bumper with the 'notch' in my small repais kit
[Raven] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:59 AM #87
gholam13
Edward

gholam13 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Yeah, its been 5 weeks and I'm still waiting for the updated parts for my NT... it's awesome to have a $1700 Dye paper weight.
gholam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:11 PM #88
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonster View Post
no my front bumper doesnt have a notch in it.......and my asa sometimes leaks from the small hole at the bottom of the asa.....if you give a light bump on the tank it will stop leaking....tried changing the tank o-sing but its still happening....my team mate also had a NT and we bought it together he is also facing the same problem...thats why he asked me to check with you guys over here.....he said that you guys sent him the upgraded parts.......so can you all send the upgraded parts to me as well? since we bought it at the same time so i would say its should be in the same batch
You definitely need the notch in the bumper in the front piston pad so you probably don't have the update. If your spring is silver colored, you don't have the new spring either. It should be copper colored. As far as the ASA goes, the small hole will leak for a few seconds when you first switch the lever on the NT into the "on" position which allows air to flow, but otherwise it shouldn't leak. (Make sure you have the lever pushed all the way around toward the open position, otherwise it will leak) If you have leaks beyond that, you may try taking out the back part of the ASA (the Dye multi-tool has a special wrench for this) and ensure you have a small o-ring in place at the bottom of the ASA and that it is well lubed.

Austin Massacre

Sponsored by: KEE Action Sports with special thanks to RAZA Life

Last edited by reldev : 12-17-2009 at 03:16 PM.
reldev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 PM #89
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Something is def. wrong with my NT...
It chopps like hell. I got the notch cut piston bumber stock and the blue tip was insatlled, too. Dont know if I also got the others, because my ASAs is all silver and i cant see if its anodized or not. (but the milling looks def. different than the picture on the first page) Spring ... wheres the difference? New eye-pipe? I dunno...
Ash is not answering for 2 weeks now, only get his auto mail response "out of office"

I discovered something strange today while relubing my gun.
Back bumper of the piston is nearly "gone"...

greetings from Germany

The new spring will be copper colored rather than a silver or steel color. If you're chopping, make sure you're using the blue bolt tip -- it is designed for more fragile paint. Also, the old eyepipe was 6 thousands of an inch too small on each side that would lead to chopping. (BTW, are you experiencing chopping or barrel breaks?)

The back bumper is definitely a problem which I have no answer too -- I haven't seen it, but I only have about a case through my NT.

Austin Massacre

Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 AM #90
Vissa

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I just ordered a Graphite/Red NT @ my local Dye dealer here in the Netherlands. It will be shipped from Dye Europe. Can is assume all the updates will be fitted?

Thanks!
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:20 PM #91
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissa View Post
I just ordered a Graphite/Red NT @ my local Dye dealer here in the Netherlands. It will be shipped from Dye Europe. Can is assume all the updates will be fitted?

Thanks!
Probably / possibly, but it's easy enough to check. Just look back at the examples of the upgrade kit mentioned, specifically, a notch in the front bumper of the piston (the orange pad), and a copper colored spring in the bolt.

Austin Massacre

Old 12-18-2009, 01:24 PM #92
Vissa

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Will do! Thanks!!!
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:14 PM #93
koocxela
I take the dirt road.

koocxela plays in the PSP
koocxela plays in the APPA D4 division
my eye pipe has a red mark on the bolt side of the opening on the top, is this indicating it is a new one with out the issue? i have yet to shoot it, and it does have the notch in the bumper
Old 12-20-2009, 11:40 AM #94
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by koocxela View Post
my eye pipe has a red mark on the bolt side of the opening on the top, is this indicating it is a new one with out the issue? i have yet to shoot it, and it does have the notch in the bumper
Not necessarily. I checked my old and new eye pipe and neither had the red mark you mentioned (unless they've changed it). Best bet is to check the front piston bumper for a notch and a copper colored spring in the bolt.

Austin Massacre

Old 12-20-2009, 11:54 AM #95
koocxela
I take the dirt road.

koocxela plays in the PSP
koocxela plays in the APPA D4 division
it has the notch... are there any pictures comparing the original spring against the new?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:05 PM #96
Lawlcat

I just shot my NT this weekend, and out of about 1000 rounds I had at least 10-15 breach breaks/true chops.

The NT came directly from DYE a week or two ago so I can only assume that it has all of the updated parts. Might have just been crappy paint, but it was getting a little excessive how much splatter was coming out.

2010 Dye NT Red Wave.
2010 PMR Clear Dust
2000 LOLSPYDER
Lawlcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:01 PM #97
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlcat View Post
I just shot my NT this weekend, and out of about 1000 rounds I had at least 10-15 breach breaks/true chops.

The NT came directly from DYE a week or two ago so I can only assume that it has all of the updated parts. Might have just been crappy paint, but it was getting a little excessive how much splatter was coming out.
I wouldn't assume it had all the updated parts. Just verify according to the instructions in this thread. Also, not sure of the type paint you were shooting, but the blue bolt tip is designed for tournament-grade, fragile paint.

Austin Massacre

Old 12-20-2009, 02:03 PM #98
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by koocxela View Post
it has the notch... are there any pictures comparing the original spring against the new?
I haven't seen any pictures of the new spring, but mine is copper colored as opposed to a silver / steel color for the original spring. I believe Dye's intent was to color the new ones copper so you would know you had the new one.

Austin Massacre

Old 12-20-2009, 07:24 PM #99
Lawlcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by reldev View Post
I wouldn't assume it had all the updated parts. Just verify according to the instructions in this thread. Also, not sure of the type paint you were shooting, but the blue bolt tip is designed for tournament-grade, fragile paint.
If the blue tip (which is currently installed) is better on fragile paint, doesn't it beg to say that it would be similarly as soft on harder paint?

2010 Dye NT Red Wave.
2010 PMR Clear Dust
2000 LOLSPYDER
Lawlcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:10 PM #100
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlcat View Post
If the blue tip (which is currently installed) is better on fragile paint, doesn't it beg to say that it would be similarly as soft on harder paint?
Yes, but with the red tip, you are supposed to achieve better efficiency and consistency. Thus, the theoretical default should be red tip for efficiency and consistency, and switch to blue for fragile paint or to lessen sound/kick. With that in mind, many people use the blue for all paint.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:50 PM #101
john ho

Ok got my NT back today from you guys and there was a minor leak and then it turned into a big leak. It is coming from the 90 degree elbow where there marcroline goes in. It fells loose, is the elbow suppose to swivel in a 360 rotation?
john ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:53 PM #102
TROPICALPUMKIN
RAWR

TROPICALPUMKIN posts videos on PbNation
take it off and then put loctite(blue) or teflon tape on the threads
Old 12-21-2009, 06:12 PM #103
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
John,

The elbow itself is supposed to have the 360 rotation. The threads however should not be moving. I'm guessing they aren't screwed in enough. Try screwing the macro fitting in a little bit and see if that helps. Also, it would be a good idea to do what TropicalPumpkin said where you put a dab of blue loctite on the threads.
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 PM #104
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROPICALPUMKIN View Post
take it off and then put loctite(blue) or teflon tape on the threads
Not loctite! Just use teflon tape, but make sure not to overtighten the macroline fitting onto the reg - when I removed my elbow to clean and lube the hpr the first time, I noticed that the internals were scored by an overtightened elbow.

There are very few applications that nowadays require loctite.

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:35 PM #105
john ho

Realized it was my macroline.
john ho is offline   Reply With Quote