Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 PM #1
hermeydm7

Australian Open

who's gonna take it? i was pulling for Nadal but that butt ****ing andy murray took him out.
hermeydm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM #2
Annihilator2010Lopez

?
Annihilator2010Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM #3
jellytime

obviously federer.. he's into the finals now...
jellytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM #4
ShockerZ33
Touchdown Turnaround

ShockerZ33 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nadal took himself out. Murray is playing sick. It will be a sick final assuming Federer gets trough.
ShockerZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 PM #5
Aaron5604
Nothing is what it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermeydm7 View Post
who's gonna take it? i was pulling for Nadal but that butt ****ing andy murray took him out.
As was I...

I like Andy Murray. Overall, the guy has a winning record against Federer, even though ATP challengers make up the vast majority of those victories.

Assuming that Andy maintains a high 1st serve percentage, and not suffering from any low back problems, he's my fave. for the Aussie Open. I think if he's able to serve in the low 70's, at least in each set, he'll pull off the win, because I don't believe there's any real question on whether this guy will return serve, despite Federer's unmatched serving abilities.

However, all the pressure lies w/ Murray's, being that he's still looking for his first major for both himself and his country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockerZ33 View Post
Nadal took himself out. Murray is playing sick. It will be a sick final assuming Federer gets trough.
I'll be a little surprised if Rafa ever wins on another hard court major, tbh. IMO, If he can't from this point on, start amping that 1st serve up by winning a few "cheap" (quick and easy) pts. his body won't last by constantly playing defensive rallies. About the fastest he'll ever get it up to, is around 122-125 mph. For a top 3 seed, that's pretty weak IMO since he's unable to consistently place balls.

Analysts say he has a very weak return on 1st. serve, but I tend to disagree w/ that. He breaks a lot, he just can't hold very well, similar to David Ferrer.

I REALLY think Rafa will have to become more offensive minded if he plans on not only sticking around into his late 20's, maybe early 30's, but actually win heavy matches again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellytime View Post
obviously federer.. he's into the finals now...
You mean Semi's...

JL Audio - 1000/1 Amp + 3 10W3V3 Subs (Enclosed) + Focal Access 130A1 Comps. for sale. PM me for details.

Last edited by Aaron5604 : 01-28-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Aaron5604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 PM #6
Charlei_Boy (Banned)
I hate this website.

Charlei_Boy helped look for balloons
Charlei_Boy is playing at Living Legends III
Charlei_Boy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Charlei_Boy supports Team VICIOUS
I was really hoping for Rafa to win this one....I cannot ****ing stand Murray or Federer. My hopes went up when Cilic made it to the semis but oh well.

I really do think Feds going to win it, I just can't see Andy doing it. There is still Tsonga, and if he makes it there's a chance, albeit an off chance.

To the above - I agree, Rafa is a pretty damn good returner of serve. His match against Ivo is a perfect example of that.
Charlei_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:15 PM #7
Aaron5604
Nothing is what it seems

Why does everyone hate Andy Murray? Roger Federer, I don't exactly, "hate" I just get really tired of seeing him win nearly 3/4 of the time, playing majors. The number of times he has made both Semi's and Finals is just flat out ridiculous, despite being hard earned.

I think if there's someone to complain about, it's Serena Williams. That woman has to be the biggest cry baby, especially after witnessed her foot fault lash out in last yrs. U.S. Open, following her stubborn remarks by refusing to apologize on her 1st press conference.

Serena's attitude doesn't exactly show well for our nation, but just reaffirms our immaturity to the rest of the world

*Edit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlei_Boy View Post
I really do think Feds going to win it, I just can't see Andy doing it.
Why?

JL Audio - 1000/1 Amp + 3 10W3V3 Subs (Enclosed) + Focal Access 130A1 Comps. for sale. PM me for details.

Last edited by Aaron5604 : 01-28-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:26 PM #8
Charlei_Boy (Banned)
I hate this website.

Meh, Andy simply isn't likable to me. Maybe the whole British population being behind him helps, the whole "he deserves to win a slam" thing annoys the **** out of me. I'm not a fan of his game at all either. Just nothing about him appeals to me. Non stop *****ing about the lines at Queens or whatever was annoying.

The flat out arrogance of Federer annoys me, he's a raging ***** on top of it. Him being a crybaby over hawkeye didn't help. Compared to Nadal he's simply an annoying person.

I think that's my biggest reason for disliking him, compared to Nadal he's just insufferable. It's just moan moan moan from Federer.

"I have mono, which is why I didn't win the aussie open in 2009, despite the fact that I was pretty much at the top of my game and made it to every grand slam final that year" - Fed

"I cry every time I lose in a grand slam final now" - Fed

Whereas Rafa is the embodiment of the word "humble".
Old 01-28-2010, 06:33 PM #9
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
23rd straight semis for Federer. I was really hopinh Roddick could get back his top 5 rank, but Cilic's great play and tweaked shoulder stopped that. so now Im kinda pulling for Murray, the guy gets to balls no one else can. he controlled every single match including Nadal. I don't care what he "deserves" the guy is earning it right now.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 PM #10
Aaron5604
Nothing is what it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlei_Boy View Post
Meh, Andy simply isn't likable to me. Maybe the whole British population being behind him helps, the whole "he deserves to win a slam" thing annoys the **** out of me. I'm not a fan of his game at all either. Just nothing about him appeals to me. Non stop *****ing about the lines at Queens or whatever was annoying.

The flat out arrogance of Federer annoys me, he's a raging ***** on top of it. Him being a crybaby over hawkeye didn't help. Compared to Nadal he's simply an annoying person.

I think that's my biggest reason for disliking him, compared to Nadal he's just insufferable. It's just moan moan moan from Federer.

"I have mono, which is why I didn't win the aussie open in 2009, despite the fact that I was pretty much at the top of my game and made it to every grand slam final that year" - Fed

"I cry every time I lose in a grand slam final now" - Fed

Whereas Rafa is the embodiment of the word "humble".
That's very true...

Andy Murray still needs to grow up, but I think he's getting better. I don't believe he's firing as many coaches out of anger anymore, whether that be during, or in between matches, nor has he bragged by expressing his bicep to the crowd after a victory. But, we'll see...

As for Andy being, "deserving" well, I think that's partially true, just badly worded by those announcing his matches, for example. Capable, I'll agree w/, but yeah, there are many MANY players on tour out there who work equally as hard I'm sure for a major. The difference, is that their statistics aren't proving to be as probable, which is what everyone is meaning by that when using those kinds of words.

Roger complaining about "hawk eye" as being flawed, insinuating that his eye is superior to our computer technology is (I fully agree) about as arrogant as it gets. You just can't ever go public w/ those kind of thoughts.

The, "I have mono..." comment though I must had missed, in addition to the, "I cry every time..." statement.

Though, I'm not sure I will agree as Rafa being, "humble" but I do certainly believe he (out of the top bunch) knows most about what it means to be an upright professional, deserving of respect. I'm not sure you can have that winning attitude and still be considered truly humble, because that guy knows he can win, and probably should win the vast majority of the time. Otherwise, his work ethic (his drive) on each pt. wouldn't be what it's. But dare I say, EVERYONE is that way, (arrogant) otherwise, why compete to see who's the "better man?"

Nonetheless, Rafa is probably my fave. player on the circuit as well, because of (in short) his work ethic, superb shot making on the running forehand, and the ability to both win and lose as expected.

Last edited by Aaron5604 : 01-29-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 PM #11
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

Hawkeye has a 5% (in terms of accuracy, not occurance) margin of error. It has been shown to be wrong a few times. one of which was a ball federer challenges,, hawkeye upheld the call, but instant replay showed the ball BLATANTLY in. the system picked up the second bounce. since then he hasnet trusted it.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM #12
Aaron5604
Nothing is what it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealInsomniac View Post
Hawkeye has a 5% (in terms of accuracy, not occurance) margin of error. It has been shown to be wrong a few times. one of which was a ball federer challenges,, hawkeye upheld the call, but instant replay showed the ball BLATANTLY in. the system picked up the second bounce. since then he hasnet trusted it.
When did these occur; I thought all of this fuss ceased short as being merely accusations?

Fact:

(Last time I checked) Statistically, Roger Federer is also one of the worst players on tour when challenging shots. I believe Murray is up there to, btw, alongside Federer...

Last edited by Aaron5604 : 01-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:03 PM #13
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

Googled it.
My bad It was Murray it happened to. 2009 indian wells.
Murray challenged a ball that was called out. The Hawk-Eye system showed the ball landed on the center of the line despite instant replay images showing that the ball was clearly out. It was later revealed that the Hawk-Eye system had mistakenly picked up the second bounce, which was on the line, instead of the first bounce of the ball which was clearly out. Immediately after the match, Murray apologized to Ljubicic for the call, and acknowledged that the point was out.

Theres actually several instances where players have had issues with it. Fed is the only one to ask the umpire to turn it off though.

they've had issues with it in cricket too.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
Old 01-28-2010, 08:11 PM #14
Aaron5604
Nothing is what it seems

Quote:
Googled it.
My bad It was Murray it happened to. 2009 indian wells.
Murray challenged a ball that was called out. The Hawk-Eye system showed the ball landed on the center of the line despite instant replay images showing that the ball was clearly out. It was later revealed that the Hawk-Eye system had mistakenly picked up the second bounce, which was on the line, instead of the first bounce of the ball which was clearly out. Immediately after the match, Murray apologized to Ljubicic for the call, and acknowledged that the point was out.

Theres actually several instances where players have had issues with it. Fed is the only one to ask the umpire to turn it off though.

they've had issues with it in cricket too.
Yeah, announcers (from time to time) talk about this, but I haven't heard anything indefinite.

But uh, wasn't that instance from Murray proven around its developmental stages, uhh... I can't remember... 2006? If so, I vaguely wanna say that since then nothing has been proven. But, because of those early errors in the beginning, many players on tour refuse to believe, despite being updated.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 PM #15
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

nope 2009.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM #16
Charlei_Boy (Banned)
I hate this website.

Murrays pretty bad at judging bounces.....I actually wanted him to win the US Open a couple of years ago. Fed hit a slice INCHES long and play went on, I think it was one of their break points and it ****ed Murray over completely.

I don't get how line judges are so awful and why Hawkeye isn't used in place of them.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 PM #17
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

because hawkeye isn't fast enough to give real time calls.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
Old 01-28-2010, 08:38 PM #18
Aaron5604
Nothing is what it seems

Quote:
nope 2009.
I'm reading that the prior issue there, was more in part due to the "operator" running Hawk Eye, rather than the technology itself.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:36 AM #19
Big_Dangerous
We're All Recycled Stars!

Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Probably Federer and Serena Williams right now.
Big_Dangerous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM #20
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Federer is my absolute favorite player so I hope he wins. I really like Roddick though so I was disappointed he didn't make it to the semis.

I'm just glad Novak Chokesondick got knocked out
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM #21
Big_Dangerous
We're All Recycled Stars!

Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Federer is my absolute favorite player so I hope he wins. I really like Roddick though so I was disappointed he didn't make it to the semis.

I'm just glad Novak Chokesondick got knocked out
Nole Chokea*****

I watched his match with Tsonga and I was just kinda like "oh here we go again" when he nearly collapsed in the 4th set. Apparently he threw up in the bathroom because of something he ate earlier (Sushi I think).

Anyways I'm kinda pulling for Henin to upset Serena, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I think Federer beats Murray. As well as Murray has played, Federer doesn't look like he's lost anything, and he was only on the court against Tsonga for like 88 minutes.. So he'll definitely be fresh and ready to go.

Amazingly this will be Fed's 18 Grand Slam Final in the last 19 Grand Slam events... Talk about dominance.

Can you name the Grand Slam event and year he didn't reach the finals? I'm pretty sure I know it, but I won't say.

Last edited by Big_Dangerous : 01-29-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Big_Dangerous is online now   Reply With Quote