Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 PM #1
x-amg

serial numbers for updated guns???

i looked all over this thread and couldnt find anything on this...

im really interested in picking up a dye nt for my luxe but was wonder after what serial numbers were the asas and eye pipes fixed?

please and thank you.
x-amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2009, 10:10 PM #2
x-amg

im getting offers on my luxe for nts straight up but worried im going to get one that shoots chops like everyone says. any guidance or opinions?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:48 PM #3
eskimobob

eskimobob plays in the USPL
eskimobob posts videos on PbNation
the nts that have chopping problems can be easily fixed by doing the following:
- cutting down your asa pin/getting dye fix your asa/buying a new asa
- removing the orange oring from the eye pipe

If you do these two things, your nt should shoot beautifully.
Even if you still have problems, dye has been great fixing the problematic nts. You should have no problem getting the problem fixed
eskimobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:29 PM #4
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
everyone? I'm pretty sure it was a limited number of guns that got out before they fixed it in house. even still if you do have an NT that chops DYE sends you the fix free of charge. its a 4-5 day wait that can be temp fixed by putting an in the ASA.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 PM #5
x-amg

thank you both. sorry for saying "everyone" the first nt i saw leaked out of box and chopped. also heard alot of problems on nation and tournaments.

theres no telling what the serial numbers are though?

whats this about cutting the front bumper? and new poppit spring?

sorry about all the questions; just want this gun to shoot as well as my dms or luxe.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 AM #6
eskimobob

eskimobob plays in the USPL
eskimobob posts videos on PbNation
From what i've read on here, there are nts with serial numbers in mid 20s that have the updated parts while some higher serial numbers have the older parts. So there really is no way to tell through the serial numbers

Dye replaces the front piston bumpers and springs. However they have not caused problems on the nt's without them.

If you're that worried about having a nt with updated parts, you could always ask whoever you are trading with to check the color of the oring (black=updated) on the eye pipe and look for the notch in the piston bumper. If it has both of those it shouldnt have any problems.
eskimobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:52 AM #7
x-amg

thank you so much.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:20 AM #8
Spazdoc

Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-amg View Post
thank you both. sorry for saying "everyone" the first nt i saw leaked out of box and chopped. also heard alot of problems on nation and tournaments.

theres no telling what the serial numbers are though?

whats this about cutting the front bumper? and new poppit spring?

sorry about all the questions; just want this gun to shoot as well as my dms or luxe.
So, the stock/early release NTs had a few issues that were noticed when released to the public in larger numbers, all of them should have been resolved by serial numbers at about 150 (although many earlier models were already updated, per Dye).

- ASA - the initial lightweight ASA was deeper than normal and depressed tank pin too much. This lightly starves the gun, causing chopping, drop off, and leaking through the bleed button. Temporary fix is to put a tank o-ring in the ASA to space it out, until you can get replacement from Dye.
- Eye pipe o-ring - Dye added an o-ring to the front of the eye pipe. With a chop, this o-ring swells and causes chopping. The fix is to either remove the o-ring or put a smaller or-ring to keep it from distorting.
- Spool front bumper - first models were flat, and this caused some problems, now they have a groove (to allow air flow)? The fix is to replace the spool or cut a groove or have Dye send you an updated spool. CCM had a similar issue with adding a groove to an internal to increase air flow their LPRs, as good as they were. Know what? They fixed it after about 2-3 years.
- Spool spring - some springs are too stiff, and this leads to chopping. I don't have an explanation, sicne I am a neophyte to spool operations.
- Step down to barrel - some people think that there is a small step from the eye-piep to a smaller bore barrel, and this might cause pinching. Unlikely in my experience.
- Battery - yeah, really simple, but I replaced the stock 'Proto' battery and all of a sudden almost everything resolved itself.

The stock NT is set up for the lower efficiency (1500 shots per fill) without spacers and the higher efficiency (red) bolt flow insert. Some people have put the higher flow insert to lessen the sound signature and soften impact on the ball; Billy Wing uses the blue insert. There is negligible kick, so I like the red insert currently as I do not like the squishy, amorphous feel of the DM9 or Luxe.

I have shot the Luxe, used a few Dm9s, and I love the NT for a few reasons. The balance and weight are fantastic. The shots/sound are a little more 'crisp', not like a poppit or the Geo. The rubberized parts are perfect - no more grip frame screws digging into my hand. With the custom ano, the appearance is just amazing. Lastly, it is suppoed to be a high/higher efficiency spoolie, and the only spoolie to have proven itself in this aspect is the Driod (Clone is still too new to judge).

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote