Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 AM #1
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
dwell, pressure

I know that DYE does not recommend adjusting the dwell.
As per the manual, too high= double shot, too low= short stroke. I don't currently have any air to see where these limits are. Does any one know what they are?
Am I right in assuming that the dwell/HPR relationship is the same as in other markers, where I can sacrifice some efficiency to eliminate some of the recoil and sound?
If I get 1000-1200 I'm more than happy. Until I'm out on a scenario field I have no real reason to be putting out 1500+ shots.
What happens If no flow insert is used?
Also does any one have a blue bolt flow insert they want to throw my way? mine came with two reds.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 10-22-2009 at 02:06 AM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:40 AM #2
MorpheusX
The Tfare

MorpheusX is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I was thinking the exact same thing in regards to running it with no flow insert. I was also toying with the idea of running a lighter spring in the bolt as well. All speculation this far until the gun is broken in because as far as i believe dye went through a lot of research and design before producing the gun (minus the asa of course) so better off to leave it to them.

Im running the gun with a blue flow insert no spacers or anything and its smoother than with a red and my consistency with stinger last weekend was 280,280,280,280,283. Yes i thought i broke the chrono.

With the gun not even being broken in yet (less than 2 cases in) i say this platform has a great deal of potential. now if only they had some nice aftermarket boards or a DM chip board...

Windsor Lockdown - CXBL
Syracuse Rhythm - PSP

MorpheusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 AM #3
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
I imagine my gun is getting pretty close to completely broken in, It was puchased at cup as "experienced". Meaning it was a team gun of someones. don't know who's, don't really care. But if it were a pro team gun, I'd think 6-10 cases have been put through it. Next time Im at the field I'm planning on trying out the no flow insert idea, but if one of the dye techs has a good reason not to, tinkering can't hurt. I'm not incredibly tech savvy, but I figured out how the bolt works by looking at mine and comparing diagrams.
I didn't see anything that would indicate that not using a flow insert is a bad idea. The only thing I think about is perhaps the bolt face will blow out.
I completely agree that the board needs some work. there are a couple of other things too: sharp edges, reg sleeve, and how the grip secures to the front of the frame are my big ones, but not the discussion here.
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 10-22-2009 at 03:03 AM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:58 AM #4
srh55
No Regrets

srh55 is a Supporting Member
ive been running my dwell at 6 with 2 spacers and blue flow insert with no problems
srh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:21 PM #5
Thorpydo
dede!

Thorpydo is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nt bolt without a flow insert is a bad idea.

The bolt uses the flow insert to stop on the rearward stroke and also to retain the rubber bolt face.

Without that stop, the bolt will bottom out in the wrong location and probably start mushrooming.
Thorpydo is offline   Reply With Quote