Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
I've always heard mixed reviews of the NCAA series. Is it as good as Madden?
Nope

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2009, 04:30 PM #86
.brad.

.brad. is a Paintball photographer
.brad. helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Beat the **** out of them
little Tater tot isn't gonna know what hit him. our defense is lights out
Old 10-19-2009, 04:48 PM #87
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Kellster, could you post this article for me? You have insider right?

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4576531&name=nfl_draft&action=login& appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4576531%26name%3dnfl_ draft

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 10-19-2009, 04:58 PM #88
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

I do, but my laptop is currently broken and I just save my passwords to my browser, so since I'm handling my internetz over my phone right now, I don't know it. However, my brother uses it, as well, so I'll just get it from him in a little while.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:03 PM #89
<<safety!>>
Pick Six Ponder

<<safety!>> owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Dear kellster. Please use your superior intellect to explain to madgoat that calling the patriots a college offense is not a hyperbole.

Madgoat-Here allow me to be your 9th grade english teacher for a second. A Hyperbole is an exaggeration used for literary effect. A spread offense is commonly associated with college football; therefore, when I described the Patriots offense as "a college offense", it was an exaggeration(hyperbole) of the the fact they are a spread offense used to express my dislike for the Patriots. Its really not that complicated, and in the future if you try to correct somebody, at least take the time to make sure you are correct.
we smokin **** from Amsterdam

Last edited by <<safety!>> : 10-19-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:21 PM #90
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<safety!>> View Post
Dear kellster. Please use your superior intellect to explain to madgoat that calling the patriots a college offense is not a hyperbole.

Madgoat-Here allow me to be your 9th grade english teacher for a second. A Hyperbole is an exaggeration used for literary effect. A spread offense is commonly associated with college football; therefore, when I described the Patriots offense as "a college offense", it was an exaggeration(hyperbole) of the the fact they are a spread offense used to express my dislike for the Patriots. Its really not that complicated, and in the future if you try to correct somebody, at least take the time to make sure you are correct.
My response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster
The "spread" the New England Patriots run is actually pretty different from the multi-spread system that Urban Meyer's Florida Gators run. Florida's offense, unlike New England's, literally consists of the spread offense, which can come in many different varieties: you have the spread option popularized by Rich Rodriguez of WVU and Michigan fame, the pass-oriented spread that Texas Tech runs, then you have the triple option look that GT runs under Paul Johnson, to name the more popular brands. A lot of teams only run one variation of the spread, whereas a team like Florida successfully implements both a pass-oriented spread formation as well as a spread option with an excellent dual threat QB in Tim Tebow. Its this use of multiple spread formations that makes Florida a "multi-spread" team.

Now, its true New England does run a spread look with Brady in shotgun and receivers split out wide. But its more of way of maximizing the Patriots' offensive weapons: when you have gamebreaking WR's and a future HOF QB, it'd be foolish not to spread the ball around. That's the philosophy behind New England's spread. They have Moss running deep post routes and the like with Welker going underneath and taking screens and slants. And then you have Brady directing it and its pretty easy to see why its been so effective for them. However, the primary difference between Florida and New England's offenses are that, again, the spread is Florida's base formation, its just an added wrinkle to New England's overall offensive package. They don't run a "college offense", but they implement some spread looks often as a way to get all they can from their passing attack. And why wouldn't they?
Its just reaching to call the Patriots attack a "college offense" simply because they have integrated spread looks. Its not their base attack, its just an another wrinkle.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 PM #91
armagedon_91
lets shoot at them guys

clear your inbox and ill pm that article to you. its extremely long and dont want to rape this page.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:32 PM #92
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

We need to organize some sort of bad *** content sharing. I've got ****z and apparently, so do others.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:37 PM #93
Spartan58 (Banned)

You need to get some other **** done first.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:54 PM #94
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by <<safety!>> View Post

Its a shame for you he'd just be talking with an intellectual equal.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM #95
Featherlite

lol.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:11 PM #96
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
We could get someone to organize a forum for news and articles and ****, for all the legit people.

Also, Colts run a form of spread as well
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 10-19-2009, 06:13 PM #97
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
So I saw this article I wanted to read on ESPN about Pryor possibly getting benched...but I'm not an insider so........................
Old 10-19-2009, 06:21 PM #98
Featherlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Nope
you don't think so? I think it's more fun than the newer maddens, though I haven't played madden '10. The last couple maddens have too much sizzle and not enough steak.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 PM #99
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
EvilPopTart is Boss
There was an interesting segment this past saturday on gameday where Kirk was talking about sinking ship programs. they talked about Clemson and a few others. Im kind of suprised that no one is talking about the 3-3 Oklahoma Sooners and how big of a disappointment they are.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:35 PM #100
Spartan58 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
We could get someone to organize a forum for news and articles and ****, for all the legit people.

Also, Colts run a form of spread as well
Im dtf. Dont ask kellster to be in charge, hell just dilly dally around and not get it done.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:40 PM #101
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
How do you keep failing these things, man? Do you study? If I went in to take an exam and came out thinking I bombed out, I would probably **** myself. My lowest grade in all my classes right now is like a 98.
Philosophy

/thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
There was an interesting segment this past saturday on gameday where Kirk was talking about sinking ship programs. they talked about Clemson and a few others. Im kind of suprised that no one is talking about the 3-3 Oklahoma Sooners and how big of a disappointment they are.
They're #25

THEY MUST BE GOOD!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:49 PM #102
.brad.

.brad. is a Paintball photographer
.brad. helped look for balloons
Quote:
are you serious?

they lost their heisman quarterback...
Old 10-19-2009, 06:57 PM #103
MarkParris
CK Mafia

MarkParris is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MarkParris owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Maybe if clemson would have hired a real staff.... Oh well. Maybe Tahj Boyd will do something.

I think their defense will give them a good chance against Miami though. Jacory Harris will be making real good friends with Da'Quan Bowers.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 PM #104
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Honestly, if he hadn't hurt his shoulder (twice), I think they'd be 5-1 right now instead of 3-3 and they'd be #3 with USC and Texas right behind them.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 PM #105
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Oklahoma lost a Heisman quarterback and a first day draft pick tight end. Who wouldn't struggle in that situation? Oklahoma has just been unlucky this year, they are still one of college football's best programs.
Closed Thread