Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM #43
Mike Scifres (Banned)

Allow me to be your kindergarten teacher. FINGER PAINT.
Mike Scifres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2009, 03:21 PM #44
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Scifres View Post
Allow me to be your kindergarten teacher. FINGER PAINT.
is fun?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:33 PM #45
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Yankees Sack

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:36 PM #46
Featherlite

scifres, allow me to be your pee wee football coach.

You suck at everything, go over there and punt.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:36 PM #47
$og$

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwaffleman2 View Post
That college offense brought us to an 18-1 season and the only reason we lost the Superbowl is because Asante Samuel dropped a sure pick which would have ended the game. That college offense did its job and it still works that now given the *** whooping the titans received Sunday.

You're right. It had nothing to do with the Giants holding down the "most prolific offense" of all time to 14 points. Nothing at all. Blame it on this or that all you want, but the fact is that Brady and Co. choked. The biggest stage of their lives possibly in the history of sports and the best offense in the league only scores 2 touchdowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite View Post
a college offense? LOL.

Um, yea. Its a version of Urban Myers spread offense adapted for the pro game. Billy went down and spent almost his entire off season with Urban learning how he could maximize his teams potential with Moss, Welker, Stallworth, etc. I thought this was common knowledge.

Soccer moms work out, athletes train.
$og$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 PM #48
<<safety!>>
Pick Six Ponder

<<safety!>> owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post

Here allow me to be your 9th grade english teacher for a second. A Hyperbole is an exaggeration used for literary effect. A spread offense is commonly associated with college football; therefore, when I described the Patriots offense as "a college offense", it was an exaggeration(hyperbole) of the the fact they are a spread offense used to express my dislike for the Patriots. Its really not that complicated, and in the future if you try to correct somebody, at least take the time to make sure you are correct.
Except not.

Is the patriots offense similar to a spread offense or not? If it is, it isn't hyperbole. All you did was note that their styles are similar. No hyperbole took place....How is calling their offense a college offense an exaggeration of the fact? It's not. Calling them a pop warner offense maybe, but their style is in fact similar to the spread college offense. NOTHING was exaggerated...

All you did was use transitive property. College Teams use spread. Patriots use spread. Patriots are like a college team.
we smokin **** from Amsterdam

Last edited by <<safety!>> : 10-19-2009 at 04:01 PM.
<<safety!>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:01 PM #49
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Quote:
lolumad?

You clearly don't understand the concept of alternate meanings of words, maybe you should go back to high school.

Here allow me to be your 9th grade english teacher for a second. A Hyperbole is an exaggeration used for literary effect. A spread offense is commonly associated with college football; therefore, when I described the Patriots offense as "a college offense", it was an exaggeration(hyperbole) of the the fact they are a spread offense used to express my dislike for the Patriots. Its really not that complicated, and in the future if you try to correct somebody, at least take the time to make sure you are correct.
Maybe you should get out of high school, get off pbnation, and go have a life? But that would be asking too much wouldnt it?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM #50
SonyLover
-

SonyLover is a Supporting Member
**** the Patriots.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:08 PM #51
JonnyBlackbeard

JonnyBlackbeard is playing at Living Legends III
JonnyBlackbeard supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyLover View Post
**** the Patriots.
JonnyBlackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:10 PM #52
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Since this is a NFL football discussion thread has anyone said anything about the Wildcat?

If not, Wildcat.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:15 PM #53
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
wildcat

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:17 PM #54
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

The "spread" the New England Patriots run is actually pretty different from the multi-spread system that Urban Meyer's Florida Gators run. Florida's offense, unlike New England's, literally consists of the spread offense, which can come in many different varieties: you have the spread option popularized by Rich Rodriguez of WVU and Michigan fame, the pass-oriented spread that Texas Tech runs, then you have the triple option look that GT runs under Paul Johnson, as well as the Pistol look that Nevada and Alabama have run recently, just to name the more popular variations. A lot of teams only run one variation of the spread, whereas a team like Florida successfully implements both a pass-oriented spread formation as well as a spread option with an excellent dual threat QB in Tim Tebow. Its this use of multiple spread formations that makes Florida a "multi-spread" team.

Now, its true New England does run a spread look with Brady in shotgun and receivers split out wide. But its more of way of maximizing the Patriots' offensive weapons: when you have gamebreaking WR's and a future HOF QB, it'd be foolish not to spread the ball around. That's the philosophy behind New England's spread. They have Moss running deep post routes and the like with Welker going underneath and taking screens and slants. And then you have Brady directing it and its pretty easy to see why its been so effective for them. However, the primary difference between Florida and New England's offenses are that, again, the spread is Florida's base formation, its just an added wrinkle to New England's overall offensive package. They don't run a "college offense", but they implement some spread looks often as a way to get all they can from their passing attack. And why wouldn't they?

Last edited by Kellster : 10-19-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:40 PM #55
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<safety!>> View Post
Except not.

Is the patriots offense similar to a spread offense or not? If it is, it isn't hyperbole. All you did was note that their styles are similar. No hyperbole took place....How is calling their offense a college offense an exaggeration of the fact? It's not. Calling them a pop warner offense maybe, but their style is in fact similar to the spread college offense. NOTHING was exaggerated...

All you did was use transitive property. College Teams use spread. Patriots use spread. Patriots are like a college team.
Hey look, all this coming from the guy whose team works exclusively from the WILDCAT.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:49 PM #56
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_style25 View Post
Maybe you should get out of high school, get off pbnation, and go have a life? But that would be asking too much wouldnt it?
college actually, lots of free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<safety!>> View Post
Except not.

Its like talking to a wall. The offense the Patriots use is way different then the spread run by college teams. It was also a commentary on the quality of their offense and meant as an intentional exaggeration to show my disdain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
The "spread" the New England Patriots run is actually pretty different from the multi-spread system that Urban Meyer's Florida Gators run. Florida's offense, unlike New England's, literally consists of the spread offense, which can come in many different varieties: you have the spread option popularized by Rich Rodriguez of WVU and Michigan fame, the pass-oriented spread that Texas Tech runs, then you have the triple option look that GT runs under Paul Johnson, as well as the Pistol look that Nevada and Alabama have run recently, just to name the more popular variations. A lot of teams only run one variation of the spread, whereas a team like Florida successfully implements both a pass-oriented spread formation as well as a spread option with an excellent dual threat QB in Tim Tebow. Its this use of multiple spread formations that makes Florida a "multi-spread" team.

Now, its true New England does run a spread look with Brady in shotgun and receivers split out wide. But its more of way of maximizing the Patriots' offensive weapons: when you have gamebreaking WR's and a future HOF QB, it'd be foolish not to spread the ball around. That's the philosophy behind New England's spread. They have Moss running deep post routes and the like with Welker going underneath and taking screens and slants. And then you have Brady directing it and its pretty easy to see why its been so effective for them. However, the primary difference between Florida and New England's offenses are that, again, the spread is Florida's base formation, its just an added wrinkle to New England's overall offensive package. They don't run a "college offense", but they implement some spread looks often as a way to get all they can from their passing attack. And why wouldn't they?
This man gets it.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 PM #57
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

This is just like when some retard said the Saints offense was the same thing as a college offense awhile back...
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 PM #58
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
This is just like when some retard said the Saints offense was the same thing as a college offense awhile back...
Yea, pretty similar situation. But I guess since they are similar sometimes that its not an exaggeration.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM #59
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Yea, pretty similar situation. But I guess since they are similar sometimes that its not an exaggeration.
lol I think most college players brains would explode if they saw the size of the Saints or Pats playbooks
Sauce
Old 10-19-2009, 05:41 PM #60
Featherlite

Old 10-19-2009, 05:43 PM #61
~~~~~AleX~~~~~ (Banned)

patriots are so ****ing gay.
~~~~~AleX~~~~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:48 PM #62
Got_Hemi44

The video that sums up the N.E. Patriots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EU1O-hGxgg