Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB posts videos on PbNation
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
Thanks Everyone

thanks to all the reffs it was nice to play a tournament and not have any issues with bad calls. as well as everyone who helped put it together it was a great day of play
WISEGUYS
LandLocked Media

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2009, 02:21 PM #2
SithKnightBB
WKY Baller

has been a member for 10 years
Glad you guys could make it. ALways nice to see fresh faces. hope to see you next year.
I PLAY AT Wizardland! YOU SHOULD TOO!
Brett
GEAR for sale! MORE GEAR
SithKnightBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:59 PM #3
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the MiLP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
Not going to lie. I though the reffing was not upto par, to say the absolute least, but I had more than at this event than I have ever had at an event.

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:58 PM #4
XshockadoctaX
Rocky Top.

XshockadoctaX plays in the PSP
XshockadoctaX is an NCPA player
ya i can vouch for our team and a couple others saying the same about reffing. and can we say homecooking?
Kee
Club President
XshockadoctaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 PM #5
mattmTIP
Melton ForTheWin!

mattmTIP plays in the PSP
mattmTIP supports Team VICIOUS
mattmTIP plays in the APPA D4 division
no there was no "homecooking" nice try tho, i played on an asylum team and we had a major penalty pulled on us. so no there was no homecooking
Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 PM #6
B.I.G Will

B.I.G Will plays in the PSP
There actually was. I love all you Asylum guys no homo. But I think there was just like there is at EVERY SINGLE feild, so....
Old 10-18-2009, 10:06 PM #7
TINMANOWAR
RETARD STRONG!

I am in agreement. And as it stands right now, my team will never play another event at assylum. I think the reffing issues stretched a bit beyond just home teams, it was pretty even across the board. And I have said this once, and I will preach it until I stop breathing, i hope that you arraogant ***** that have your masks up on a live field get it. You are showing a horrible example for our youth coming up in theis game! But, I have said all I am going to say. Thank God for Paintball!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 PM #8
underpressure69
Asylum What !!!!!

underpressure69 plays in the PSP
underpressure69 plays in the MiLP
underpressure69 plays in the APPA D3 division
i dont think so we had more penalties than anybody
underpressure69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:56 PM #9
metalmatt

lmao wow. I was the head ref on field 1. I have played this sport for 10 years, tournaments for 8, and reffing for 6 of them and this was the best reffed tournament i have ever been apart of.
to the player that was pulled for the f word. i was standing next to the ref that pulled you and i heard the same thing he did and was goin to make the same call but he beat me to the punch. now whatever makes u think that calling a player harsh names after u shoot him out is beyond me but lets have an understand about what u said. f*@%er is the slang for mother f*@%er and sucker is short for d#!@ sucker. so your do think that it is ok to call someone a d sucker instead of m fer. the only words i say to an opposing player after i shoot him is "on your loader" "get out" "on your pack" exc. learn this trick.
as for the continuing home cooking comments. we already cooked all these teams months ago and the entire season they have been taking the recipe to your fields and serving u a little taste of asylum paintball.
i personal pulled 3 penalties all on asylum teams none on any other teams. these teams trained 4 days a week wed.(bonusball wednesday) thur.(drilling and cardio day) sat. (fun play day) and sun. (team practice day, agains asylum, mutiny, blind aggression, exc.) commitment and hard work won these teams the tournament and series. not some home field refferee conspiracy.

Last edited by metalmatt : 10-18-2009 at 11:58 PM.
metalmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM #10
TINMANOWAR
RETARD STRONG!

Noone is contesting the talent of any of the assylum teams....Assylum Killers is undoubtedly the best d-4 team in the series. Under pressure also a very talented team. As far as the best reffing in the series, you are sadly mistaken. You will not find any better reffing than at Yellow Jacket Paintball! Ask around.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:09 AM #11
colesdad797

I will have to agree with Blake on this there are no better ref's than the ones at YJP KP pushes his guys to hard sometimes but 9 out of 10 times they make the right call.
http://www.pbnation.com/out.php?l=http://blitzkrieg.me/
colesdad797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 AM #12
bendigo360
SuperDan

bendigo360 plays in the PSP
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D3 division
bendigo360 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bendigo360 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TINMANOWAR View Post
And I have said this once, and I will preach it until I stop breathing, i hope that you arraogant ***** that have your masks up on a live field get it. You are showing a horrible example for our youth coming up in theis game! But, I have said all I am going to say. Thank God for Paintball!
This is to true. Many of your reffs were walking around with masks up and when people commented on the fact that the reffs weren't following what they should be do it was just laughed off with the players say that they were "paintball gods" or something. I dont care who you are if your on a paintball field and there are live guns your mask should be down. Many of your refs set HORRIBLE examples for the other players that visited your field. No matter how "cool" you THINK you might be you should follow the rules just like everyone else. This does not go for all the refs. Mike and Powell and the rest of the Kings crew its always great being around you guys.. Always stand up guys and refs. THANKS

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM #13
XshockadoctaX
Rocky Top.

the home cooking instance i saw was where one ref on field 1 saw a hit on a player, walked next to the player while the player was hanging the flag so the crowd couldnt see it, and then proceeded to wipe the hit off the player
Kee
Club President
Old 10-19-2009, 03:14 PM #14
mattmTIP
Melton ForTheWin!

mattmTIP plays in the PSP
mattmTIP supports Team VICIOUS
mattmTIP plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by XshockadoctaX View Post
the home cooking instance i saw was where one ref on field 1 saw a hit on a player, walked next to the player while the player was hanging the flag so the crowd couldnt see it, and then proceeded to wipe the hit off the player
can u please tell us what team this was and what division because i would like to know. And matt said it was the best reffed tournament that he has been apart of reffing wise, not playing wise. No one doubts how hard KP and his guys work and how well they do so why was this brought up? I agree no ref should have their masks up at all, i am PSP certified and in the PSP the refs dont take their masks off for hours, many of them dont raise them all day. If they said they were "paintball gods" you know they were just kidding dont take such a remark seriously, we all know how goofy and silly paintball players can be so why take something like that seriously. Come on guys the event is over, no need to argue and get angry at one another and to the guy who keeps putting ASSylum and ASSylum Killerz please cease and desist because that isnt cute and i find it quite disrespectful, so i politely ask please cut it out.

Thank you,
Matt Melton
Old 10-19-2009, 03:48 PM #15
bendigo360
SuperDan

bendigo360 plays in the PSP
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D3 division
bendigo360 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bendigo360 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmTIP View Post
If they said they were "paintball gods" you know they were just kidding dont take such a remark seriously, we all know how goofy and silly paintball players can be so why take something like that seriously.

Thats the point.... It IS serious. Why should I just let it go when it is a serious matter. I approached numerous players on your teams and even commented on it to a couple of your reffs who decided not to do anything about it. I'm not making it a big deal, but i do believe that it IS a serious matter and shouldn't be just a joke.(which it is apparently to you) Why do we have refs on the field to do what they do if they can't even follow simple rules that any other player is REQUIRED to do.

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM #16
maddawg8018
Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XshockadoctaX View Post
Are you positive it was a hit though? he could have been wiping off rub? i know i hung 2 flags and both times the ref wiped rub off of me..
maddawg8018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 PM #17
maddawg8018
Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendigo360 View Post
This is to true. Many of your reffs were walking around with masks up and when people commented on the fact that the reffs weren't following what they should be do it was just laughed off with the players say that they were "paintball gods" or something. I dont care who you are if your on a paintball field and there are live guns your mask should be down. Many of your refs set HORRIBLE examples for the other players that visited your field. No matter how "cool" you THINK you might be you should follow the rules just like everyone else. This does not go for all the refs. Mike and Powell and the rest of the Kings crew its always great being around you guys.. Always stand up guys and refs. THANKS
I'm sorry but to defend the asylum guys, i didn't see this at all. every time i heard live field, the ref's masks were already down, yet i saw some players that sometimes didn't get theirs down. All in all great tourney, I had a lot of fun calls from what i could see were pretty decent. Ref's on field 2 were incredibly nice to say the least, thanks for a great day of play asylum.
maddawg8018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM #18
XshockadoctaX
Rocky Top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmTIP View Post
can u please tell us what team this was and what division because i would like to know.

i dont remember the team or division cause i just walked off but i just remember it being on the NPPL field and another person saw it too right next to me.
Kee
Club President
Old 10-19-2009, 06:43 PM #19
the hit man
ducks #29

the hit man plays in the PSP
the hit man owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
the hit man plays in the APPA D4 division
the ref from field 1 on the snake side closest to the chrono and field 2 the player was the only one left alive he grabed the flag and was running to hang it the ref caught him b4 he hung it and wiped off 3 rather large orange all star hits and then proceded to "check him" once he hung the flag and he was called clean and they were awarded the point
Gateway Action Sports
VALKEN
NINJA Air Systems
GEARBAG SALE ROTOR, MASKS, TANK, CP KIT
PAINTBALL DVDs
the hit man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM #20
metalmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINMANOWAR View Post
I am in agreement. And as it stands right now, my team will never play another event at assylum.
And i must add i believe this is the best idea you have had yet. Asylum demands players of a higher social caliber and saddly your team just doesnt meet that standard.
metalmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 PM #21
Vice Versa
Travis Pennington

Annual Supporting Member
Vice Versa is a Paintball photographer
Vice Versa plays in the PSP
Vice Versa plays in the MiLP
Vice Versa plays in the APPA D3 division
Vice Versa is Boss
Vice Versa is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmatt View Post
And i must add i believe this is the best idea you have had yet. Asylum demands players of a higher social caliber and saddly your team just doesnt meet that standard.
What's that supposed to mean? Because he's voicing his opinion, you wouldn't welcome him and his team back? What sort of "standard" are you speaking of? Are you saying they're not good enough to play at Asylum?

VSB Lord on deck. Respect and salute your superior officer, kids.
Vice Versa is offline   Reply With Quote