Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-10-2003, 07:27 PM #22
UncleBubble1026
reppin the splash anno

UncleBubble1026 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ladies, ladies, could we please keep it down. You're the only 3 that use the forum. You're scaring the others.

AIM handle: DirtySouthPballr

custom '99 minicocker...IT DOES WHAT ITS TOLD!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2003, 08:49 PM #23
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

you wanted proof here is proof..

http://users.bestweb.net/~kcoyne/ami.htm
go to this site and click on AMI Aircraft Seating Systems ACES II Assembly area

then go to http://www.armotech.com/SIM4Gallery.asp
and click on the picture on the top row in the middle that says these markers are made in california..

now humm look alot alike to me..
no to mention that picture looks prettey well photoshoped also.. if you ask me..

but if you are beliving that that is his warehouse then more power to you.. HAHAHAH!!!
Old 12-26-2003, 09:47 PM #24
HipboyScott
OMGWTFBBQGRASS

to me....the SIM-4 series has more look.

see, now, was the old Armotech.com were they the actual company that submitted teh designs and stuff to the taiwan company? if so then they are the original armotech.

now, here's the thing, maybie the people who designed the gun decided armotech was sucky, and decided to remake the company for themselves and make the new version. the original company may have been like 'crap, there goes out R&D department' and they just keep selling their old stock.

the guys who left armotech who are working on the SIM-4 series may have not been the guys working on the speedball line, thus they diddn't step out of their boundries.

however, .com has been swearing up and down that they are the original armotech. this becomes worse since both companies are both called Armotech.

now .net retains all of the original armotech.com stock, the old markers, the old logos. This DOES mean that if you wanted the Armotech stuff a few years back, you can still get it, from .net. isn't it odd that the 'original official' armotech used to be .com, and now they're .net? why would they have to move domains if it's their stuff?

however, again, maybie they can keep all that stuff cuz it's theirs, but the meat of the company has stayed at.com, thus they need to make new logos and stuff.

basically armotech is like a post WWII Germany. it split into two. none is any more 'real' than the other, they are both just two halves of an ugly mess, that are obviously at ends with each other.

I have an idea...all the .com people grab their SIM-4 guns and ll the .net people grab all their WG series...and they have a big paintball war. winning team gets to keep the Armotech handle, and the other has to rename and completely get rid of any affiliation with the armotech name.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:27 AM #25
johnlight

From what I have gathered it appears that the .com was the original user of the name Armotech. They had contracted a foreign(Taiwan or China) company to manufacture the markers for them. At some point the became disastisfied with the quality of the product and decided to have the markers made elswhere, or do it themselves. The company that had originaly manufactured the markers for them relinquished all rights and claims to the name in June according to the USPTO website. Apparently however, the foreign company thinks there is still a market for the old markers they were making, so they continued to use the Armotech name and model numbers and put up the .net site. Whether they are just stupid or intentionaly violating the trademark rights because they think the law can't touch them outside the country is anyone's guess. But the .com owners have filed a lawsuit against the .net people and a few other companies who are selling the old markers.

Last edited by johnlight : 12-27-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:06 PM #26
HipboyScott
OMGWTFBBQGRASS

what is the patent for?
Old 12-30-2003, 07:14 PM #27
ArmoMatt311

you have some of your story correct but you are leaning towards the wrong armotech.

the quality of the WG is way better than the SIM-4 according to reviews by many that have both. the only cool thing that iv heard about the SIM4 is the cocking pin... whoopty doo!..

also Hasiam at .COM made poor buisness decisions and got cut off by Armotech.net. Hasaim thought he would change the logo change the markers name and get knockoffs shipped to him from another comapny in Taiwan at http://www.precopaintball.com/ no he is using old parts from his old shippment of armotech stuff and sticking them on his "new" sim 4 ... and claiming that the WG Mars Zues ect have been discontinued which he has no supply of and he has no trademark of these markers so he can say this.

The name Armotech is registered to Richard and Thomas Lin over at Armotech.net and Hasaim at .Com is trying to get the name Armotech but cant.

Last edited by ArmoMatt311 : 12-30-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:16 PM #28
pony5oh

I called Preco, and they have sold NO markers in North America. So I guess you are wrong on that.
I looked up the USPTO information on the trademark asignment, and it lists the address for the trade mark as in Carlsbad CA, so you are wrong on that.
And as far as I understand it the WG-65 series couldnt get any worse in quality and if the same people are still making them why would the quality suddenly improve?
You sound like a talking head for "Team Tactical Markers",,, sounds like a Walk on thumping group to me. Buncha guys that get together to remeber the good ol days hiding in fox holes, evading and concealing and shooting up the poor little kids just out there to have fun....

Get a WG-65 + $100 "accuracy enhancement"= Working marker?
Why would I buy a gun that Im gonna have to put another grip o cash into just to make it work? That is traight off of the owner or .US's own site
Old 12-30-2003, 09:31 PM #29
ArmoMatt311

Quote:
Originally posted by pony5oh

And as far as I understand it the WG-65 series couldnt get any worse in quality and if the same people are still making them why would the quality suddenly improve?

Get a WG-65 + $100 "accuracy enhancement"= Working marker?
Why would I buy a gun that Im gonna have to put another grip o cash into just to make it work? That is traight off of the owner or .US's own site
first of all im not assosiated with Team Tactical markers in any way.

You in fact seem to be a talking head for Hasaim.

Also the quote "as far as i understand" ... if you dont have a freakin WG or a SIM 4 then shut the fu*k up! idiot

what marker do you own?

Last edited by ArmoMatt311 : 12-30-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:41 PM #30
Xnuke
Banned

All of you ought to give it up. I don't think there is any real difference in the design and quality of the SIM-4, WS or WG series markers. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the components were made in the same factories in Taiwan.
I still firmly believe everyone has lied and is still lying. I believe everyone is out to protect there own interests and don't care who gets screwed along the way.
A lot has been said about Haisam but I am more inclined to believe his version of what's going on than the other versions. Richard Lin has lied about the relationship between Armotech.net, Armotechdepot and Warsensor. Armotech.us and Tacticalmarkers support them. What I don't get is why? Haisam is called a liar and thief but when it comes to Richard Lin the line is "it doesn't make any difference" "business relations are not public information"
Armotechdepot and Warsensor are owned by Richard Lin and tried to bypass the existing distributorship in the US by selling direct. In the end the dealers got screwed because they are going to pay a higher price for the Warsensor products. And Armotechdepot is getting factory direct prices and competing directly against dealers in the US.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:43 PM #31
macdawg

Question The real can't stand

Here is my personal experience with Armotech. In about May '03 I visited the .com site, with the .net site being what appeared as the parent corporation at the time. I don't know what there true relationship was but, that is how it looked. Well I attempted to order a zues through online companies and they were having major shortages, and the main supplier was not coming thru with orders when they were supposed to.
I settled for a silver zeus as that is all they could get in stock. I continued to think about gettin the WG-65 but it never came back into stock.
I happened to see an ad for Tactical Markers, and when I checked the sight they had it in stock. While saving for it I second hand witnessed the this whole devolution in the Armotech company. According to .net they took the distributership from . com and gave it to .us. Armo.com maintains that they were the original and that .net had no right in the matter.
You know what, I don't really care who does what. I have a marker that shoots as good as it looks. I have no complaints about the product that I have recieved and I would recomend it to anyone. Evidently there were problems when this marker came off line but those seem to have been corrected. My $.02.

Matt
Old 01-05-2004, 08:55 PM #32
ArmoMatt311

I agree with you Mac .. and you bought your marker from Tactical markers which are the owners of Armotech.us which is the US distibutor for Armotech.net. So you got your marker on time and you like it and its a great shooting gun. if you would have gotten it from .Com or any of there distributors it would have not came in on time and you would have been disapointed with the product. .Com was selling the original Armotech products for a little while getting rid of the rest of the inventory since they were not givin the choice to sell Armotech markers anymore. thats why for a little while there were problrms whith getting stuff in b/c .com was running out of inventory. well im glad you did the right thing and im glad you like your marker.. ! go kick some ***!