Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-15-2009, 10:58 PM #1
BTe

nxe pack in the washer...

so i put my nxe pack in the washer on gentle, and the 3 rubber balls for your back got worn out, like little pieces of it came off... what am i doing wrong?
BTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 PM #2
airforcewes
Luxe Owner

airforcewes plays in the PSP
airforcewes is for the Gunfight
airforcewes supports our troops
You are better off to wash items like that by hand in a bathtub, large sink, etc...As far as I know most if not all high end "brand name" paintball clothing and gear is made out of cheap materials over seas so they will most likely not hold up to consistent washing machine cycles. The only thing I wash in there are my JT pants and I never put those in the dryer (air dry only). Everything else such as gloves, neck protector, pod pack, pods, barrel bags, squeegies, mask bag, etc...I just was in my bath tub with laundry detergent with warm water. Soak it, hand wash, more soak, empty tub, rince with clean water and let air dry. Keeps my stuff in good clean shape.
airforcewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:35 PM #3
NadeMagnet

What?^
Most pb gear is made out of much stronger material then what we wear in our everyday lives. Being made overseas doesn't have anything to do with weather or not it falls apart either. Go look at what your wearing right now as you read this. I'm willing to bet a great deal that at least half if not more of your outfit was manufactured overseas. We aren't talking electronics here it's merely sewing. Something mans been doing since long before reading and writing. Plus every piece of clothing gear I've heard of is manufactured over seas. If what your saying is true then most to all gear would fall apart.

To the OP. NXE makes good packs and I know for a fact you can wash them in the washer. When doing so there is a couple of things to remember religiously though.
1. All velcro as securely fastened as you can. If not it will snag on something and may start to twist up.
2. Set the washer to as gentle as it can go. Cold/cold and gentle or delicate depending on what your washer has

If your washer damaged the pack it was more then likely it's time or you have a washer that's cheaper then most. How worn out was it before you tossed it in? When I'm done playing my jersey, pants, gloves, head wrap, socks, slide shorts, and pack all goes into the wash together. I've done that for years now and aside from when I forgot to fasten all velcro causing a tiny 1 by half inch of velcro on my gloves to wind up and permanently fuzz a 6 inch circle on my jersey, nothing has happened to them.