Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 PM #1
PMR4LIFE
idk
 
PMR4LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, Fl
PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
What do you like most about the new NT?

post up
__________________
weso98: "What do we do now?"
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
PMR4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM #2
xXxlowriderxXx
It is what it is...
 
xXxlowriderxXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Mb
The wrap around grips.
__________________
Winnipeg 420 Army CXBL 09'-10'
xXxlowriderxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM #3
DavyHB
you're a towel!
 
DavyHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: *714* Huntington Beach
DavyHB supports Team VICIOUS
DavyHB is for the Gunfight
somebody giving me one
DavyHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:20 PM #4
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls
 
Cnoddings0364's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Field Of Dreams, MN
Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
How it feels when it shoots
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:42 PM #5
FrmrSpecialist
www.fxanodizing.com
 
FrmrSpecialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Fast, quiet, light, zero kick, whats not to like...oh yah price..hahaha
__________________
*Caution* CUSTOM ANNO*Caution*
FrmrSpecialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 PM #6
nevets11_2003
Satisfied
 
nevets11_2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Jonesboro, Ar
nevets11_2003 is a Supporting Member
The price
nevets11_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 AM #7
eskimobob
 
 
eskimobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
eskimobob plays in the USPL
eskimobob posts videos on PbNation
dyes level of customer service for the few people having problems. Amazing
eskimobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:56 AM #8
DM-Guy
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
A little loud, but love the way it shoots
DM-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 AM #9
chaingun25
 
 
chaingun25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
every thing besides the fact that you have to use a allen to take the backcap off as for the price it sucks but i bought it from one of my sponsers
__________________
BOSTON REAPERS XBALL # 25
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
PAINTBALL WIZARD
CANOBIE PAINTBALL
NHIP

1 of 1 lime green droid
dye nt
chaingun25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 AM #10
Spazdoc
 
 
Spazdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Winnetka, IL
Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingun25 View Post
every thing besides the fact that you have to use a allen to take the backcap off as for the price it sucks but i bought it from one of my sponsers
That is the only thing, but at least there are no screws to lose when you remove the back cap, and you do not need to remove the bolt on the field. Also, no eye covers. New, lightweight ASA.


Price, sure, but I pick up one new tournament marker each year, so the price is offset as I always have a 'trade-in.'
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE, INC
WISEGUYS

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:19 PM #11
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY/NJ/NC
Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmrSpecialist View Post
Fast, quiet, light, zero kick, whats not to like...oh yah price..hahaha
Have you shot one?
If you did what did you shoot before the NT?

ROF is useless.

Its far from quiet.

kicks allot when compared to other high end markers in it class.

Its very expensive and only comes with one size barrel.

The thing I liked about it was its accuracy. When firing one ball it was not as accurate as other markers I have shot but once it ramps up it is very accurate. Its very easy to hold a lane one handed. I would say its balanced well. The grips feel comfortable but are a pain in the A$$ to get off and the spring from the trigger falls out all the time. I just left it out. Has a tendency to bounce a lil but feels 100x better without the spring.

Next would be the efficiency. It is very efficient, at the cost of being louder and kicking more then other spoolies.
__________________
ENJOY THE GRIND
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 PM #12
SWAYED117
 
 
SWAYED117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rochester NY
SWAYED117 donated to help Peyton Trent
SWAYED117 supports Team VICIOUS
SWAYED117 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
Have you shot one?
If you did what did you shoot before the NT?

ROF is useless.

Its far from quiet.

kicks allot when compared to other high end markers in it class.

Its very expensive and only comes with one size barrel.

The thing I liked about it was its accuracy. When firing one ball it was not as accurate as other markers I have shot but once it ramps up it is very accurate. Its very easy to hold a lane one handed. I would say its balanced well. The grips feel comfortable but are a pain in the A$$ to get off and the spring from the trigger falls out all the time. I just left it out. Has a tendency to bounce a lil but feels 100x better without the spring.

Next would be the efficiency. It is very efficient, at the cost of being louder and kicking more then other spoolies.
QFT. The UL SLG I shot less than 3hours ago at the field shot better than the NT Kick wise and feel wise it was nearly identical save for the trigger and the reg not having a grip. Ya you might get over 1500 shots but who honestly shoots that much especially if your just a rec baller.
__________________

Roc-City Assassins #77 -2010- NYPL

MACDEV
Droid
SWAYED117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 AM #13
TRiiPiiN
VanCity Synergy
 
TRiiPiiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC, SURREY **604**
TRiiPiiN plays in the USPL
TRiiPiiN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TRiiPiiN posts videos on PbNation
TRiiPiiN supports DLX Technology
I like the toolkit
TRiiPiiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 PM #14
RavagersTC
USMC If it moves, kill it
 
RavagersTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
RavagersTC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAYED117 View Post
QFT. The UL SLG I shot less than 3hours ago at the field shot better than the NT Kick wise and feel wise it was nearly identical save for the trigger and the reg not having a grip. Ya you might get over 1500 shots but who honestly shoots that much especially if your just a rec baller.
I wonder if I could hustle enough PM6's to little kids to buy one of these bad boys
__________________
OLD FEEDBACK
Marine Corps Marine Paintball Team
POWERED BY: Empire and Planet Eclipse
Camp Pendleton Tournament Park
Proud POW/MIA Fade Geo owner
"Originally posted by Dk-79: This turtle ate the entire corpse, he understands the golden rule of taking a life... Why can't you?"
RavagersTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:41 PM #15
PMR4LIFE
idk
 
PMR4LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orlando, Fl
PMR4LIFE helped look for balloons
PMR4LIFE is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PMR4LIFE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
PMR4LIFE is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiiPiiN View Post
I like the toolkit
lol fake stabbing people with the oring picks ftw
__________________
weso98: "What do we do now?"
Hobbes The Tiger: "Touch ourselves? Experiment with our sexuality? Duct tape DMC to the ceiling? Make PMR burn his Stamkos spank bank? Make demonic look at Kovy pr0nz? Make Burrows live in a house that's under 200k?"
New York Yankees Pittsburgh Steelers Tampa Bay Lightning UCF Knights
:daveface:
PMR4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:12 PM #16
Spazdoc
 
 
Spazdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Winnetka, IL
Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAYED117 View Post
QFT. The UL SLG I shot less than 3hours ago at the field shot better than the NT Kick wise and feel wise it was nearly identical save for the trigger and the reg not having a grip. Ya you might get over 1500 shots but who honestly shoots that much especially if your just a rec baller.
Rec ballers are not out for this gun. This gun would be aimed at tourney players on teams, that might need to sling 7 pods worth of paint with a 68/45 or want the ability to use a 45/45. It is not that uncommon in USPL/7-man to require 7-8 pods.


Quote:
ROF is useless.
Perhaps if the whole world only used ramping, but semi is still used quite widely. I find it easier to get into a rhythm with the NT, similar to Egos. I cannot get into a rhythm with the DM9 or Luxe because of lack of feedback. Yeah, that means a lower sound signature, but the NT has only slightly more kick that a tuned DM9.
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE, INC
WISEGUYS

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:32 PM #17
red4
Sherman Reynolds
 
red4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ft Knox, KY
 has been a member for 10 years
red4 is BST Trusted
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 plays in the APPA D3 division
accuracy, efficiency and feel...has a natural feel for me
__________________
Sherman Reynolds
US ARMY Retired!!!
red4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:02 PM #18
chaingun25
 
 
chaingun25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR4LIFE View Post
lol fake stabbing people with the oring picks ftw
it does have a real knife also but thats for if someone trys to take it
__________________
BOSTON REAPERS XBALL # 25
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
PAINTBALL WIZARD
CANOBIE PAINTBALL
NHIP

1 of 1 lime green droid
dye nt
chaingun25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:08 AM #19
RavagersTC
USMC If it moves, kill it
 
RavagersTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
RavagersTC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I just have a gripe with the cost. The cost of all new end markers is mind boggling. 1600.... ****ting me... I just bought a DM7 for 365 bucks, and I shot a DM9 the other night at the field. No difference what so ever. Except like 2oz. And a DM9 would have run me almost twice what I paid for the DM7.


I think these companies are all full of ****. There ain't no way it cost them even 1000 to make these markers, including design and operating costs. The mark up is HEINOUS.



But it shoots nice. But so does everything else made from 06 and newer. I was diggin the PM6 that I owned for an entire hour.
__________________
OLD FEEDBACK
Marine Corps Marine Paintball Team
POWERED BY: Empire and Planet Eclipse
Camp Pendleton Tournament Park
Proud POW/MIA Fade Geo owner
"Originally posted by Dk-79: This turtle ate the entire corpse, he understands the golden rule of taking a life... Why can't you?"
RavagersTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 PM #20
FrmrSpecialist
www.fxanodizing.com
 
FrmrSpecialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavagersTC View Post
I just have a gripe with the cost. The cost of all new end markers is mind boggling. 1600.... ****ting me... I just bought a DM7 for 365 bucks, and I shot a DM9 the other night at the field. No difference what so ever. Except like 2oz. And a DM9 would have run me almost twice what I paid for the DM7.


I think these companies are all full of ****. There ain't no way it cost them even 1000 to make these markers, including design and operating costs. The mark up is HEINOUS.
Ok.. I would expect the dm7 to shoot similar to the dm9, but the difference is in the little things, The fact that the self cleaning eye works much better, the fact that you don't have the troublesome on/off in the front of the marker.

There small things improved upon each year that add up to a what you see currently. Your right it doesn't cost 1000's to make markers, but think about all the time the engineer's spent thinking about and designing the marker, then think of the amount of prototypes that needed to see field time, then think about the rising cost of aluminum, or the machinests that get paid(relatively) well to run the machines, then add in the advertising costs, and the costs of all the techs that help you when you can't figure out how you broke your new marker, or the phone lines that need to stay open so you can call, or the electricity needed to run all the machines and keep everything powered, or the land the building is sitting on..

Yes the cost of raw materials is low.. but there is alot more behind it. If you don't agree, then why don't you go and pay someone to design a marker just for you in a new platform, then have them make it for you. And then you will see just how quick that 1000 dollars runs out.

And for the person that asked what marker I've shot before. I've shot pretty much everything made from 1998 and on.. from cockers, angels, mags, to all the pretty new things like ego's, geo's, lux's..

The NT can and will be loud when you lack a paint to barrel match. One thing I ALWAYS do is match my paint to my barrel. I see an increase in consistancy, efficiency, and best of all..IF you break paint, it's easier and quicker to shoot clean.

If you want to ***** about something, go yell at the automotive industry, You have to pay 25,000 or more for a new car, when last years model (or heaven forbid a 3 year old model) will run easily be 12,000 or more less.

But then again, you have to think about everything behind it. Please do me a favor. Go to school learn economics, then come back.
__________________
*Caution* CUSTOM ANNO*Caution*
FrmrSpecialist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:00 PM #21
RavagersTC
USMC If it moves, kill it
 
RavagersTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
RavagersTC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmrSpecialist View Post
Ok.. I would expect the dm7 to shoot similar to the dm9, but the difference is in the little things, The fact that the self cleaning eye works much better, the fact that you don't have the troublesome on/off in the front of the marker.

There small things improved upon each year that add up to a what you see currently. Your right it doesn't cost 1000's to make markers, but think about all the time the engineer's spent thinking about and designing the marker, then think of the amount of prototypes that needed to see field time, then think about the rising cost of aluminum, or the machinests that get paid(relatively) well to run the machines, then add in the advertising costs, and the costs of all the techs that help you when you can't figure out how you broke your new marker, or the phone lines that need to stay open so you can call, or the electricity needed to run all the machines and keep everything powered, or the land the building is sitting on..

Yes the cost of raw materials is low.. but there is alot more behind it. If you don't agree, then why don't you go and pay someone to design a marker just for you in a new platform, then have them make it for you. And then you will see just how quick that 1000 dollars runs out.

And for the person that asked what marker I've shot before. I've shot pretty much everything made from 1998 and on.. from cockers, angels, mags, to all the pretty new things like ego's, geo's, lux's..

The NT can and will be loud when you lack a paint to barrel match. One thing I ALWAYS do is match my paint to my barrel. I see an increase in consistancy, efficiency, and best of all..IF you break paint, it's easier and quicker to shoot clean.

If you want to ***** about something, go yell at the automotive industry, You have to pay 25,000 or more for a new car, when last years model (or heaven forbid a 3 year old model) will run easily be 12,000 or more less.

But then again, you have to think about everything behind it. Please do me a favor. Go to school learn economics, then come back.

Their profit margin is huge, don't gimme that ****. And why would I yell at the automotive industry? I'll never buy a new car unless I really REALLY want one. Otherwise I can just as easily buy a used car that works as good.

AS AN EXAMPLE


I almost bought a Viper for 34k last week as opposed to the 95k they cost new. Dodge probably ****s themselves everytime they see one sell for 60k less than one of their new ones cost. But the difference between an 08 and 06 viper(there was no 07 model) is about 90hp, 250lbs, and 50 ft lb torque, and a set of 2000 dollar tires. And the two cars cost the same amount new. But take the DM9 and the DM10, and the performance differences are negligible. These companies are going to kill themselves off. They keep releasing new markers and everyone is getting to the point where, they can get something just as good for half the price after the next model year comes out. MacDev is probably one of the smartest companies out there, they don't come out with a new gun every year, or if they do, its something different. There's no point to releasing a new marker every year if you haven't done anything drastic to warrant someone buying it new.



But someone gets paid alot of money to trick alot of people into thinking it is. The only new equipment I buy anymore is apparel, I hate the thought of putting on a pair of pants that someone elses sweaty grundle was rubbing against.


So yeah, they mark it up cause they can and people will pay, even though they shouldn't. And yes, I've shot it all too. I've owned everything except an Angel or a Mag, but I've used them. I've shot a cocker for the last almost 9 years cause it's cheap as hell and easy to fix and works as good as anything else. But I wanted something different so I bought the DM.


Don't get me wrong, Dye makes good guns, I love the DM's and PM's, but I don't see the logic in paying 1600 for a new one, when last years or the year befores model works as good for half the price.
__________________
OLD FEEDBACK
Marine Corps Marine Paintball Team
POWERED BY: Empire and Planet Eclipse
Camp Pendleton Tournament Park
Proud POW/MIA Fade Geo owner
"Originally posted by Dk-79: This turtle ate the entire corpse, he understands the golden rule of taking a life... Why can't you?"
RavagersTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump