I figured I would help George out by listing all the recommendations you players have posted up to this date:
1. something to get more L1 players and teams involved
2. Just use the PSP rule book
3. use the same standards every event
4. possibly taking another look at the L2 qualifications
5. remove the winning two tournaments as a L1 qualification
6. maybe have a 3man open
7. 1st place series winner get a free trip to cup or something like that
8. talk to the psp and become a psp feeder series like the chitown series, vicious series, cfoa, etc
9. for prizes only do top four for all divisions that way u can save huge money for top three series point prizes
10. make the events more spread out and only have 4
11. do it at fields that might actually have a legit layout
12. making L3 5-man and having L4 as the only 3-man option
13. MPS to buy a field and just set it up at the different venues - maybe the series could rent someones PSP field for the events
14. L1/L2 changes to an open 5man division. L3 changes to L3 5man. L4 is the only 3man but take away the battery limit.
15. make the layouts be the current psp layout.
16. They should have to be a gridded field also
17. How about offering a discount for payment in full for all 5 events in advance of Event #1 Deadline
18. how bout you talk with might paintball or airups or one of the smaller bunker companies to give you a field
19. instead of giving so much out for 1st place. just give mini's and gearbags. Save $$ on prophecies and buy new field
20. MPS used the "rules are subject to change at anyone moment" clause WAYYYY TOO MUCH
21. keep to the psp format and more teams will come
22. The MPS should also avoid events on holiday weekends
23. I think level 4 should just be absorbed into level 3, and just have one division for both
24. Level 2 needs to be modified to allow the level 1 teams to play
25. i think the MPS should keep it simple, 3 man - Beginner (same rules and qualifications as level 3) 5man - open (allowed to all players)
26. Me and my team would like to see 3 events just like the PSP ruling. It would put more time between the events, and what field has the most turn out will hold the finals at there field. I mean u still have 4 events
27. what i want from a tournament is good prizes, fair reffing, a set rulebook, no sandbaggers, round robin then finals, more teams to play against
28. i think if you put the tournaments 2 or 3 weeks before every psp event and played on the layout for the following psp event, you would see ALOT more teams playing l2 and open
29. one reffing crew that refs every event.
30. It would make L1 bigger and make L2 a true entry level 5 man
31. modified how the NPPL used to do it and at the end of the season take say top 5 (or some variation of that) from L2 and have them bump up to L1. Then take the bottom 2 (or some variation of that) of L1 and have them bump down to L2
32. run it like psp. X amount of series/seed points requires you to bump up.
Some of these suggestions are good… and some are not so good. Since I am technically considered a player now, I have the oppourtunity to voice my opinion. George, these are my recommendations only. You do NOT need to implement them if you don’t want. Take them for what they are worth.
1. First and foremost…. Some of the players (not all) need to stop biitching! Just play paintball and have fun!
2. Consider doing away with L1 and opening up L2 to allow two D2 (or higher) players on a L2 roster – instead of just 1.
3. Consider allowing one player on L3 to have D4 experience
4. Keep L4 as it is
5. It isn’t as simple of just using the PSP rule book for the MPS because there are some things the PSP does or have that we cannot implement in the MPS…. Just one example would be the ROF rule. The red chromos just don’t read the decimal like the equipment the PSP has. There are many more examples. The rulebook that the MPS has adopted over the years is a combined version of the PSP and the NPPL and has been modified over the past 5 years to suit the needs of the MPS. It isn’t a bad rulebook and in fact has been adopted by some smaller/local tournaments over the years. Every year when the PSP releases their rules, I have gone through and read every word and have implemented the rules that could benefit the MPS and I think that should be done again this season. However, to just say…. “We are using the PSP rules” IMO can’t happen. Not to mention, does anyone else find the PSP rules to be confusing as hell?
6. I like the format we did at event #5 in the 09 season. I could see more events using that format or a variation of thereof.
7. Every year we try and implement a set reffing crew that would travel to every event… and it just isn’t feasible. Somebody has to pay for it and neither the field nor myself could pay for the expenses involved (paying the players, hotel, food, gas, etc.). So unless a team wants to step up and volunteer for this position with little pay, I don’t see it happening for the 2k10 season either. The same thing for the discount to those teams who pay for all 5 events up front. That discount either comes out of the fields profit, the promoter’s profit or the prize budget… who takes the hit?
8. I do like the idea of George purchasing a XBall field from SupAir (George, they will sell it to you at a discount in exchange for sponsorship). Keep in mind though that it will have a huge impact on prizes (someone already mentioned that).
9. I like the idea of making those that place in the top 3 in two events or more in L3 to bump up the next season and those teams that place in the top 3 in L4 would move up to L3 the next season. You can’t base it on series points because you will have scenarios of a team playing two events (out of 5) and they win those two events giving them 14 points but because they didn’t play the other 3 events, they aren’t in the top 3 for series points.
Well, gotta get to work. Have fun George!