tt
wM_Pity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2009, 09:59 AM #65
nate4444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
The only problem with that, is that most teams will not want to play open.

There are those of us who don't care, and then there is 95% of the MPS.

The level of whining related to ranking last year was outrageous, and I think almost all of it came from the fact that teams were scared to get beat.
Yeah I agree, but I think this year will be better after a year of using the APPA. Now teams that won two events have to bump up. After a few years, there will be more teams in level 1 and level 2. Also the teams that got killed all last year can bump down to an easier level.

I don't think getting rid of level 4 will help. Thats a good level to introduce new teams into. There really isn't any other tournaments in this area that give new teams a chance except for maybe the tournaments that they have in Salina. That level usually gets around 10 teams that probably only a few would stand a chance against level 3 teams. I know that its good for them and all, but if they get crushed all day long and never last more the 30 seconds a match and spent 200-300 dollars at least to play in it, then a lot of teams will lose the desire to ever play in the mps agian. Its just not fun to be blown out of the water when you spent all that money to get there and play.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:37 PM #66
josh_paintball
Jesus F†W

josh_paintball plays in the PSP
josh_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
josh_paintball posts videos on PbNation
Quote:

The level of whining related to ranking last year was outrageous, and I think almost all of it came from the fact that teams were scared to get beat.
thats exactly how it is..personally, i'm glad l2 is getting more competitive. it helps teams that play psp, nppl/uapl, or whatever get better prepared. i would rather play a super tough competition playing people that are better than you because you will get better. you don't get a whole lot better playing teams that are only at the same level you are at.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:59 PM #67
FKH Army
You don't have to ask!

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

The 95% aren't worried about ever playing a PSP or anything at that level. They just want to play for fun, and getting beat up by teams that keep saying "you won't get better unless you play better teams" isn't their idea of fun. If they can't have fun, they won't come play, if they won't come play your series dies and you wonder what happened.

Obviously even the better level two players felt that way or they would have played in the open class. Maybe we need a rule that says if you won more than four games at any single MPS event you have to bump up to the next level. Then lets see how many posers show up at the next MPS.

Eliminating people, one hopper at a time!

But what's puzzling you Is the nature of my game.
FKH Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 AM #68
405 GRIM

405 GRIM owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
405 GRIM supports Team VICIOUS
405 GRIM is for the Gunfight
What about this!

Me and my team would like to see 3 events just like the PSP ruling. It would put more time between the events, and what field has the most turn out will hold the finals at there field. I mean u still have 4 events
405 GRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM #69
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKH Army View Post
The 95% aren't worried about ever playing a PSP or anything at that level. They just want to play for fun, and getting beat up by teams that keep saying "you won't get better unless you play better teams" isn't their idea of fun. If they can't have fun, they won't come play, if they won't come play your series dies and you wonder what happened.

Obviously even the better level two players felt that way or they would have played in the open class. Maybe we need a rule that says if you won more than four games at any single MPS event you have to bump up to the next level. Then lets see how many posers show up at the next MPS.
You realize that you just agreed with me, right?

Most players do not want to play open.
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 PM #70
D-man[WarLlamas]
Old and in the way

Annual Supporting Member
D-man[WarLlamas] posts videos on PbNation
D-man[WarLlamas] plays in the APPA beginner division
^^^ Most people want to win. They want the path of least resistance. They don't want to waste their money.

We're playing L2 next year either way.

- - Buy my swagg: - - - - - - XSV Axe Pro for sale! - - -
D-man[WarLlamas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:48 PM #71
RR#82
.:BSC:.

Annual Supporting Member
RR#82 is BST Trusted
RR#82 plays in the PSP
RR#82 donated to help Peyton Trent
RR#82 supports Team VICIOUS
RR#82 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
RR#82 is Legendary
RR#82 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post
^^^ Most people want to win. They want the path of least resistance. They don't want to waste their money.

We're playing L2 next year either way.
i agree, unfortunately... you can only have so many "Rookie" tournaments before you no longer qualify.

And if teams arent winning in LVL 2 what diff does it make if 4-8 more teams are there?

last time i checked, we all pull the trigger.

RR#82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM #72
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

i dont care either way....but take your own words. you can only win so many level 2 events before you need to bump to level 1...
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 AM #73
omar786
that brown kid

omar786 supports Team VICIOUS
omar786 posts videos on PbNation
omar786 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post
^^^ Most people want to win. They want the path of least resistance.
i dont understand you all that play mps.. you WANT to play a tournament, BUT at the same time there are people that dontwant to play because they might lose? whats the point in playing a tournament?

play at your own field if you want to assure victorys. tournaments are competitions. competitions are filled with competitive teams. levels are meant to assure you that you're under the same classification as the people you're playing against, not so you can see which one is easiest to win..

what i want from a tournament is
  • good prizes
  • fair reffing
  • a set rulebook
  • no sandbaggers
  • round robin then finals
  • more teams to play against

btw i wasnt putting that towards u guys dennis i just quoted u to show everyone what i was adding onto
AC: 417
omar786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 AM #74
omar786
that brown kid

omar786 supports Team VICIOUS
omar786 posts videos on PbNation
omar786 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachievers-buck View Post
i dont care either way....but take your own words. you can only win so many level 2 events before you need to bump to level 1...
i agree, but at the same time disagree. yes, if you win events, u shud bump up. BUT not until the next season. the rankings and series standings would be soooo messed up if you did that.

i think if you put the tournaments 2 or 3 weeks before every psp event and played on the layout for the following psp event, you would see ALOT more teams playing l2 and open. i know that there were tons of teams that would want to play a midwest event because it was right before a national event, but didnt because the layouts were bogus and they would rather spend their money throwing paint at eachother and playing the layout on a legitimate field to help them prepare.
AC: 417
omar786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 AM #75
Back_anchor
Abstrakt Gunner

Back_anchor owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Back_anchor supports Team VICIOUS
Back_anchor is for the Gunfight
i think if you set it up as a feeder series you should 100% adopt the rules of ot PSP
Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 PM #76
Tim@Kick'n
Kick'n Paintball Park

Tim@Kick'n plays in the PSP
Tim@Kick'n plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
I dont know if this is correct. Someone correct me if Im wrong. But in PSP if you play an entire season of D3 the next year you have to play D2. If you won or not.

If so I think MPS should do the same.

Oh and I know its hard to do money wise and everything but there really needs to be one reffing crew that refs every event. Thats the only way that you are going to get consisitant reffing.
GI SPORTZ--SOCIAL--GI VISION--EXALT--V FORCE--PLANET ECLIPSE
KICKNPAINTBALLPARK.COM
Tim@Kick'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM #77
chriscoc333

chriscoc333 plays in the PSP
chriscoc333 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chriscoc333 is an NCPA player
chriscoc333 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_anchor View Post
i think if you set it up as a feeder series you should 100% adopt the rules of ot PSP
WINNER!

BUY MY SHHHHTUFF

R.I.P Casey Gibson
chriscoc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 PM #78
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@Kick'n View Post
I dont know if this is correct. Someone correct me if Im wrong. But in PSP if you play an entire season of D3 the next year you have to play D2. If you won or not.

Oh and I know its hard to do money wise and everything but there really needs to be one reffing crew that refs every event. Thats the only way that you are going to get consisitant reffing.
This would kill two birds with one stone. It would make L1 bigger and make L2 a true entry level 5 man. It would be interesting to look at how this would affect the size of both levels.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:51 PM #79
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

Quote:

thats a good idea
Old 11-03-2009, 12:52 PM #80
josh_paintball
Jesus F†W

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar786 View Post
i dont understand you all that play mps.. you WANT to play a tournament, BUT at the same time there are people that dontwant to play because they might lose? whats the point in playing a tournament?

play at your own field if you want to assure victorys. tournaments are competitions. competitions are filled with competitive teams. levels are meant to assure you that you're under the same classification as the people you're playing against, not so you can see which one is easiest to win..
red=win
seriously people what's the point in playing a competitive tournament if there isn't any competition.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:02 PM #81
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

Let's say for instance that if a team plays 3 of 5 events that constitutes playing a season. Looking at last years standings there would be 10 L2 teams bump up to L1 and there were 9 teams that played L1 to make 19 five man teams to pull from. If you'd take Graffiti and Wichita Mayhem who were less active locally last year, but played the season before, there would be 20+ teams to battle against.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:40 PM #82
josh_paintball
Jesus F†W

i don't think just playing an event should make you bump up.. maybe if you win or take top 3 in a certain amount of events then you should be forced to bump?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 PM #83
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

i think to bump up in the psp you have to score a x amount of points, not 100% but i remember hearing that
Old 11-05-2009, 12:45 AM #84
nate4444

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1w00d View Post
Let's say for instance that if a team plays 3 of 5 events that constitutes playing a season. Looking at last years standings there would be 10 L2 teams bump up to L1 and there were 9 teams that played L1 to make 19 five man teams to pull from. If you'd take Graffiti and Wichita Mayhem who were less active locally last year, but played the season before, there would be 20+ teams to battle against.
That would be awesome, but it goes back to the point that if a team is playing against teams that are far better then them, they will get tired of losing and spending all their money and time. It won't be fun to them anymore. Say a team does ok in level 2, but since they played the majority of the events, they are forced to move up. Now they have to go up agianst teams that beat them all year plus the other normal level 1 teams. After a few years of this, there is a good chance the series would die off. Most teams just need more experience then one season.

There really isn't a good, easy solution to it. I think we need to keep it close to how it is. After a few years, the system they have now with the APPA will work. The only thing maybe we could do is have it if you place in the top 3 (or 5) more than 2 times in the season, then you have to move up a level. Maybe that will increase the level of teams moving up just a bit without moving teams up that aren't ready for it yet.