Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 PM #1
karnagepaintball404

Please Look!!! Our Second Tourny

Hi,my name is Kaden Miller,and i have a 3 man team that is getting ready to enter a 3 man MWPL tourny this weekend.This is our second tourny,our first was at springfield MO. in the karnage paintball series.and we thought we would do pretty good,but really we got raped.4th out of fifth place.we went up there with hardly any practice...and we still havent really practiced. i have an ion,my other teammates have a g3 and a spyder pilot, and were prepared to enter this tourny with more expirenced players that are using dyes,angels,egos,and ect.we really want to enter this tourny but idk how will we will hold up.what should we do please help!!!!
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE MAY NOT SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS,BUT IT WILL ANNOY ENOUGH PEOPLE TO MAKE IT WORTH THE EFFORT.sweet dm4 and hott ion in sig!!!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3362522http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3258579
karnagepaintball404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 PM #2
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
Practice, and don't worry about the guns.

You could take a D1 player, hand him a 98 custom, and he would probably win the tournament.
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:23 PM #3
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnagepaintball404 View Post
Hi,my name is Kaden Miller,and i have a 3 man team that is getting ready to enter a 3 man MWPL tourny this weekend.This is our second tourny,our first was at springfield MO. in the karnage paintball series.and we thought we would do pretty good,but really we got raped.4th out of fifth place.we went up there with hardly any practice...and we still havent really practiced. i have an ion,my other teammates have a g3 and a spyder pilot, and were prepared to enter this tourny with more expirenced players that are using dyes,angels,egos,and ect.we really want to enter this tourny but idk how will we will hold up.what should we do please help!!!!
It looks like you answered your own question.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:24 PM #4
ROB.HENNING

ROB.HENNING owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
take it like a man. I started with an epiphany and my first tournament was crap. Now I have a pm7 and I can rape. So go out there and have fun. u don't always have to win. especially on ur second tourney.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 PM #5
btvtjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
It looks like you answered your own question.
what he said, i still rock an autococker for my tournys, half the time mech and the other half i switch to eblade

Last edited by btvtjunkie : 10-14-2009 at 02:50 PM.
btvtjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 PM #6
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D4 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
Ya dont worry about your gun. The gun doesnt make the player, the player makes the gun. The only difference between your guns and the high end is just features. they still shoot straight. Get at least 2 solid practices in before your next tourney. Dont be afraid to ask the more experienced players for advice while at the field. I still rock an ion for tourneys and do very well with it.
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM #7
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
Yep, if you haven't practiced don't expect to do any better if it's against the same caliber of teams as they probably HAVE practiced. Ignore the equip, that's a minor thing. Equipment CAN hold you back but it doesn't sound like you have the skills that your equip is holding you back yet (no offense).

You can enter, but expect to get pounded again. Is it a good learning experience? Depends on whether you can handle the beating well and take the positives from it.

Past that, practice if you want to do better... those who place above you in the tournament probably are.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:52 PM #8
Eldedu (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
Practice, and don't worry about the guns.

You could take a D1 player, hand him a 98 custom, and he would probably win the tournament.
my *** he could.

however, a g3 vs. an ego is slightly more even than the combination our hallucinatory friend.

once you get past the $300 price tag range, differences between markers become smaller.

Work on communication, practice a lot and focus on strategy and you guys will be able to match any ego team out there.
Eldedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:51 PM #9
btvtjunkie

def get your snap shooting practice in, thats where alot of tags are acquired
btvtjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:18 PM #10
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
BTV is a bit off...the last thing you want to ever do is enter in a snap battle if you can help it, but it's a good skill to know.

If you don't practice, you wont succeed. If you cant get any practice in between now and the event, treat the event like a big practice, since you get better by playing tougher opponents.
Little_PB_Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 PM #11
RepN the 417
Virus

RepN the 417 plays in the APPA D4 division
RepN the 417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnagepaintball404 View Post
If I recall you guys beat a decent team Keep prac. and have fun, you'll get better, I promise.
Karnage Paintballs
Paintball-Outpost
RepN the 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:40 PM #12
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

has been a member for 10 years
bobsbarricades plays in the APPA D5 division
dude practice, don't worry about guns. If you haven't practiced... you're gonna lose. My first tourney was a 3 man and we took 3rd place with mags, tipman's and spyders against dm4's that just came out and impulses. We practiced a lot instead of spending our money on expensive guns....
Old 10-15-2009, 02:39 AM #13
shafticus
ball to live.live to ball

Listen to these guys. Our team took first at our first 3man tourney earlier this year. we were shooting an etek, g3, and i had an oldschool impy. We used the money for trips to different fields to play other teams and paint. Now I roll with a dm7, but thats because I got a great deal on it. Practice makes perfect, not equipment. Another way to think of it is that the gear only supplements the player and their abilities.
shafticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:07 PM #14
snakeplaya104

snakeplaya104 plays in the PSP
snakeplaya104 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snakeplaya104 supports Team VICIOUS
yeah my first tourney i played in we got first place. its not about your gun its how well you play and how well u play with teammates.
AAF #13
Gregor
snakeplaya104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM #15
bobsbarricades
Always in your way =)

has been a member for 10 years
bobsbarricades plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_PB_Newb View Post
BTV is a bit off...the last thing you want to ever do is enter in a snap battle if you can help it, but it's a good skill to know.

If you don't practice, you wont succeed. If you cant get any practice in between now and the event, treat the event like a big practice, since you get better by playing tougher opponents.
listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about
Old 10-15-2009, 02:57 PM #16
Stocker
Free Agent

Stocker has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My first tourney we didnt win a single game, didn't get a single person out, and didn't score a single point. We lose every match 100-0.

We got the sportsmanship award.

We were all 13 or 14. Man that was a ****ty feeling. lol
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM #17
polarpaxton
WooPig

polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
practice practice practice practice practice practice
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
Marine T-Shirts, help support USMC paintball in 2015
APL
polarpaxton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:16 PM #18
BobbyACK

Don't just practice, practice better habbits. Your team seems quite new to tournament paintball, so what you need to do is not just go 'practice' but to get someone to help point out your bad habbits and things you need to work on. Players in your guys position generally have ALOT of bad habbits. Ask more expierienced players what your doing wrong, and how to fix these things. Asking the question "what did I do wrong" will get you very far.
BobbyACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 PM #19
karnagepaintball404

Really me and my friend Levi are the only ones in our area that actually want to get somewhere in paintball...My other 2 teammates arent willing to do what it takes.We found a okay speedball field to practice at,but what kind of stuff do we need to practice?What are some good drills for us?We want to get good and start getting our name in some of these local tournys.the field we go to is Runaway Paintball in Mtn. View Missouri.Is 2 on 1 good practice?What are your suggestions??and thanks for the help...
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE MAY NOT SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS,BUT IT WILL ANNOY ENOUGH PEOPLE TO MAKE IT WORTH THE EFFORT.sweet dm4 and hott ion in sig!!!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3362522http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3258579
karnagepaintball404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:26 PM #20
MachinegunFUNK
NoPactsBetweenLionsAndMen

In my opinion the best thing you guys can do play together as much as possible. Playing well as a team should be able to help carry you guys until you can get a definite practice routine down.
MachinegunFUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:40 PM #21
Darthdoug
CRU Paintball Player

Annual Supporting Member
Darthdoug plays in the PSP
Darthdoug donated to help Peyton Trent
Darthdoug owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Darthdoug supports our troops
Darthdoug plays in the APPA D3 division
The best practice at this point I'm guessing for you is to find another team or experienced player at this field and ask them them to give you some pointers on how to hold your guns, how to snap shoot, etc.

As others have said, you can practice against each other... but you're never going to get better than the best one among you. You need to get pointers, play against people who are better than you, and learn from them.
Darthdoug is offline   Reply With Quote