Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-09-2016, 10:03 AM #1
EpicPaintballPark

has been a member for 10 years
EpicPaintballPark supports Ninja Paintball
.50cal hopper insert ?? opinions??

.50cal hopper insert

How much interest do you think fields and players would have for a dedicated .50 cal feed neck insert for your .68 hopper??

Checking with some manufactures about getting the insert and cutting it down.

This would be a less expensive option than buying an entire hopper for $8-12 then taking the part out of it.

Not sure price but thinking around $3
Randall Coles (Panther) owner of Epic Paintball Park, 9420 West I-40 Service Road, OKC OK 73128. www.epicpaintballpark.com 405-679-3742 (EPIC) facebook https://www.facebook.com/Epic-Paintb...1230984982563/
EpicPaintballPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2016, 08:30 AM #2
GatSplat

Well.. run to home depot, get some of the thin wall pvc, then cut it to about 3/4 inch. Then take your saw, and slice it so you have basically a "C" One good pass of the saw is sufficient... pack it in the hole.. and bingo. About 10 of them will cost you 45 cents and take about 10 minutes to make.

It's what I did on the 50 cal FT's so I could run the smaller 50 cal hoppers that were translucent so you could see the glowing paintballs under UV.

So, with that said... I don't think people will pay 3 bucks for an insert that lets them use a $1.89 part... especially when you can easily make it in a few minutes and a trip to Home Depot.

Or where you talking about going the opposite way? Put a 68 hopper on a small neck 50 cal? If that's the case, I don't think there is much demand as the most popular 50's, Enemy and FT50 have 68 size feed necks.

Or (after rereading for the third time) are you talking about you have a Gog, which has a 68 opening, and you have some hopper that is a 68, and you want to adapt that hopper to fit on the Gog and run 50 cal... in which case, I'd say that would be a bit over kill, when the 50 hoppers are very cheap, and smaller. A standard hopper would hold about 600 50 cal, and that would be a bit much as the smaller tanks don't shoot anywhere near that much. So for a rental field like ours - I can's see the demand. And if talking about players wanting it for their gear... everything I see shows players don't want 50 period... so I don't know what the point is... Pretty sure, at least for the time, 50 will be a rental concept.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.

Last edited by GatSplat : 09-11-2016 at 08:39 AM.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:14 PM #3
EpicPaintballPark

I was looking at using a JT revy on my .50cal / .68 gog rentals and also in the future have an upgrade package to an Etek 5 which is .50cal or .68cal using the Speed hopper.

I don't think there are any multi cal electric hoppers and an insert would be an easy conversion tool.

I was checking to see if GoG could send me just the insert and cut it down but would need to purchase alot to make it worth their time so just feeling the waters.
Randall Coles (Panther) owner of Epic Paintball Park, 9420 West I-40 Service Road, OKC OK 73128. www.epicpaintballpark.com 405-679-3742 (EPIC) facebook https://www.facebook.com/Epic-Paintb...1230984982563/
Old 09-11-2016, 08:36 PM #4
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPaintballPark View Post
I was looking at using a JT revy on my .50cal / .68 gog rentals and also in the future have an upgrade package to an Etek 5 which is .50cal or .68cal using the Speed hopper.

I don't think there are any multi cal electric hoppers and an insert would be an easy conversion tool.

I was checking to see if GoG could send me just the insert and cut it down but would need to purchase alot to make it worth their time so just feeling the waters.
If you wanted an opinion - I would tell you do not, do not, do not do that. The whole thing that is bringing more people back to rental fields is they are not going up against people who can out shoot them 10 to 1. It is bad for business. The Ion, with high rate of fire for cheap destroyed the industry 8 years ago. Chased away so many renters because they did not stand a chance. Don't repeat history at your field if you want to be successful.

Just an opinion.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:00 AM #5
EpicPaintballPark

That is an interesting point. The GOGs shoot straight and little kick might just do a hopper upgrade to eliminate having to shake the hopper and breech breaks.

As always great info thanks Larry.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:56 PM #6
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPaintballPark View Post
That is an interesting point. The GOGs shoot straight and little kick might just do a hopper upgrade to eliminate having to shake the hopper and breech breaks.

As always great info thanks Larry.
Again.. just an opinion.. but I would not spend 15 dollars on a hopper, and buy batteries all the time, and worry about a coupling adapter, when people do just fine with the gravity. Not that many breaks, and they are sorta' self clearing with the gog. Don't have to really shake much.. normal play seems to keep them flowing. I have 350 of them, and we run 500 - 1000 players a week, and I have yet to get a complaint. If it ain't broke....