PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-05-2011, 05:00 PM #64
Idontknowmyusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidde View Post
I think Germans and problems with NT should be the reason they need them adjust at 210FPS. LAW in Germany. Sow they change the working pressure of the gun! Don't do that with a NT! 135psi and never change it again Play with you Spacers to lower your FPS. And up your dwell in the winter for fraigel paint.
in germany we have some other problems.....
1. just semi allowed
2. not allowed to modify the fps (in this term also the dwell)
3. dye give us castrated boards - it´s impossible to get the dwell a bit up

my nt shoot well, but i never played at 210fps
the only thing that should work is playing with 100psi or with 120psi and 5 spacers (only theoretical)

and of course, the nt is not a ego

but now the quick review:
quiet with paint and real loud without paint
less kick with hpr, nearly no kick with lpr (don´t ask me why)
the maintenance needs a bit time
castrated board in germany (the virtue oled rocks also)

Last edited by Idontknowmyusername : 04-05-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Idontknowmyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 05:01 PM #65
wildcat65gt500
Hack the planet!!

wildcat65gt500 plays in the APPA D4 division
wildcat65gt500 supports DLX Technology
So to start this off I used to think Dye products were just hyped up over priced markers/gear. A couple weeks ago a team mate got a used NT and I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

1st: the feel of the gun was super comfortable and light weight. My only issue was to deal with the trigger frame. I tend to use 3 fingers for semi and this trigger frame was uncomfortable to me in that regard and prevented me from three fingering but that is the only issue.

2nd: chronoing the marker. OMG +-3 consistency. This is when I got a feel for the kick (or in this case lack there of).

3rd: let loose on the trigger. The NT is SOOOOO smooth with virtually no kick. The shots were flat and dead on target.

4th: programming was not an issue since I am used to using a blinking light type of programming instead of an OLED screen. Recent marker was the Etek3 LT with led board.

5th: efficiency was incredible for a spoolie. I borrowed the NT for a practice and without any sort of tuning I was getting about 7-8 pods and a prophecy on my 68/45. 1360 shots.

All in all I see what all the "hype" is about. And while I still think the gun is a bit overpriced when new I will happily pick up a used one and save some dough. Newly turned Dye fan (not fanboy though, those guys scare me)
wildcat65gt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:13 AM #66
Xzema

Xzema owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dye?

Ok first of all I have to say I love my NT I have had it for a little over a year now I know kinda late its a white/gold nt10. Its super smooth, super accurate just an amazing feel with the grip frame but for $1700 there shouldnt be a single complaint about it!

The first day I took it out I got almost threw one hopper and it started to chop paint. At the time I figured that was going to happen so I just put it away and pulled out another gun. You might ask if I knew I was going to have problems why did I buy it? Well its just that sexy. I lived in Washington state when I bought it and since then I have come to realization that if its cold the NT will chop.

Dye needs to come out of the dark ages

1. With the trigger - I like the shape but, it just has so much side to side slop.

2. No OLED board really? I mean come on there are guns in the $500 range that have oled boards and in the low $1000 range there are spoolies that shoot just as well and have a better trigger and come with an OLED board.

I currently own 4 markers 09GEO/GR2/GST, EGO10, NT10, CSL. I love them all. I've never had a problem with my PE's shooting great out of the box and they all have OLED and great triggers?

Flame me if you like I will understand. Just know I do love my NT. (nothing weird or anything I dont sleep with with it)

Last edited by Xzema : 07-09-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: just wanted to add a little
Xzema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 PM #67
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
chatua plays in the APPA D5 division
Got myself a used Dyecam NT11. UNBELIEVABLE EFFICIENCY. Using the green bolt tip insert, red spacer, and a cut macroline as a spacer on the spool, I get at least 10 pods on a 56/45. That means 8 pods with a 45/45, and 12 pods with a 68/45.... from a spool valve. I am blown away.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 PM #68
primewish

primewish plays in the APPA beginner division
I Just got back into paintball. my old marker was an old school impulse. had that new from 2002 until i sold it last month. then i bought a autococker and sold that right after i bought my nt. Holy crap I love this marker. No kick, quiet, light, incredibly fast and user friendly. I recommend anyone to buy one of these. you wont be disappointed.
primewish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:00 AM #69
wil2288

DYE NTs

I've been playing rec-ball (both tree ball and speedball) for many years; i've gone through quite a few paintball guns. My EGO7 is still as reliable as day 1; my GEO shot very well, just wasn't too crazy about it. I now have 3 NTs; White/Gold NT10, Black/Gold NT10, & DYECAM NT11...Love them all. I actually had a 4th, the Creamsicle. The Black/White/Gold are now mixed...simply beautiful guns. And the best of all, they all shoot beautifully. The only thing i wish DYE did is make it with an OLED. I hate counting the damn blinking lights. But, the UL frame on the NTs overcomes any dislikes i have.

One suggestion for DYE if you guys are reading this...make more and more colors for (.680) UL barrel backs. The barrel backs that come with the guns are way too big bored for all the paint made these days. I've gone back to freak inserts to get the .679 diameter.

Overall, nothing comes close to the NTs.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:25 PM #70
jack jack965
th3 truth

jack jack965 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
great gun

i love the gun but its really sensetive on the psi and the bolt tip oring swells and puts u out of the game lol but great gun fast and quiet
jack jack965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:42 PM #71
bigboblong99

I don't have the same problem, mine is sensitive, but it doesn't swell, it is super fast and quiet. Do you have any ups for it?
bigboblong99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:31 PM #72
NorthForkPB

NorthForkPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i had the white and gold nt and it was amazing i loved it as soon as i saw it. it was ball on ball accuracy and shot amazingly smooth. honestly i havent even noticed the sound because quite frankly i dont care about how loud it is. it rips **** up i would recommend to anybody. Only flaw that i had with mine the grip right above the trigger where your thumb goes began to come off a little bit.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 PM #73
bunker276
Think Outside the Box.

bunker276 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bunker276 is an NCPA player
bunker276 supports Pev's Paintball
bunker276 plays in the APPA D5 division
Just picked up an NT11 at World Cup and I love it so far. I went from an Ego11 this past summer (accurate and quick but I've always been a spool valve guy) to a Luxe 1.5 (shot like butter 20% of the time, the rest of the time it spent chopping paint, being extremely inefficient, or was broken) to my NT11 and my NT is my favorite out of the three.
- The feel of it is comparable to an ego, but much smoother. Not super smooth like a Luxe, but smoother than an Ego... a happy medium.
- Very accurate
- Reliable. Played a few practices with it in 40 degree weather and it shot just fine, without first shot drop off too.
- The only complaint I have is how efficient it is without any spacers. I found myself putting in one spacer in order to keep my efficiency up, which adds a little kick.

But hands down, my favorite gun out of the three.

High Point University Panthers Paintball
bunker276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM #74
Jspencer57

have never shot a gun so dirty
Jspencer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:22 PM #75
PEpb17

i shot a nt at my local field... amazing looking into getting one myself currently
PEpb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:08 PM #76
SoProTheyGoWHOA
Sneaky Beaver

SoProTheyGoWHOA is an NCPA player
SoProTheyGoWHOA plays in the APPA D4 division
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SoProTheyGoWHOA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
my bw nt 10.5 (nt 10 with nt11 bolt) is coming in soon
SoProTheyGoWHOA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 PM #77
russmoo44

russmoo44 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
found an nt10 for cheap on here and decided it was too good of a price to pass up (I never even shot an nt before and decided to buy it)..got it in the mail a couple days ago and absolutely love this thing..

--by far the most comfortable feel in the hands of any gun ive held

--absolutely love the sound of the shot

--super smooth and dead accurate..throwin out ropes all day

10/10 in my book so far
russmoo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:00 AM #78
livetopbchicago

i shot a dye nt and it was amazing, looking for my own now
livetopbchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 PM #79
sl1980able

I like my NT 10. Got it used for an awesome price 1 of 1 anodized job. Its quiet and shoots so smooth. It even shoots good in the cold. Going to be doing a few things not much though. pics on facebook just need to get them on here.
sl1980able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM #80
Pballblake

Bump for a good thread to educate coming buyers
Pballblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:45 PM #81
uchihachanda

I love my NT10 not that it is running with some of the NT11 parts so 10.5, shooting great, only prob is the spike between 285-309, but other than that the gun is AMAZING.
uchihachanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 PM #82
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
my nt shoots great as long as i use the paint it likes for that day, otherwise its just all over the place
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 AM #83
acolby3424

Just got my new NT. By far the best marker i have owned
acolby3424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:59 PM #84
IiTzWadeI

IiTzWadeI is for the Gunfight
IiTzWadeI supports Pev's Paintball
IiTzWadeI plays in the APPA D5 division
IiTzWadeI has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've had my NT 10 now for about six months and I have waited to write a review because I wanted to have a genuine review. I have honestly had no problems what so ever with my NT. The gun is the smoothest shooting gun I have ever shot. I have never had an issue with chopping, eye pipes, o-rings or even the H3. The gun shoots consistently and a constant fps that waivers about 2 to 3 fps. Ive competed nationally with this marker and have never had the cursed jet lag problem. I can honestly say if DYE makes an NT 12 then I will be a proud owner.

IiTzWadeI is offline   Reply With Quote