mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
mercedes0001 supports Team VICIOUS
Vicious Offers Some Help

Hello Everyone,

Vicious had posted the following question on our Facebook page:

What is the biggest obstacle your team faces in paintball?

Money? Sponsorships? Travel? Finding players? Your jobs?

We got some amazing answers. Vicious started as a D3 Team and worked their way through every division until they hit pro. We faced the same problems every year that your divisional teams are still facing today.

We have always been a team that believes in giving back. We can't help you find players or get you off work or school to attend tournaments. We will give 5 paintball teams some financial help.

We are giving away $1000 each to 5 teams who need some financial help. The only thing you have to do is share your story on how it will help your team.

We have always helped fund local players and we would like to help a few teams that we may not even know in other areas.

You can send your story to us here through a message or I will post another link in our Vicious forum on PbNation. We will not share any stories if you tell us not to post them.

Deadline to submit a story will be February 10th. The five recipients will picked by the Vicious Organization and will be notified on February 14th.

Please include a team contact's information.
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM #2
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit

True professionals, giving a hand up. This is an organization that should be the example for others to follow.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:28 PM #3
XSVPaint

Annual Supporting Member
XSVPaint is a Professional paintball player
XSVPaint works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post

True professionals, giving a hand up. This is an organization that should be the example for others to follow.
100% Very good offer Vicious.

Join XSV on Facebook - www.Facebook.com/XSVPaintball

Get JT FX 2.0 Gear HERE
XSVPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:44 PM #4
Mr. Bishi
Get at ya boiiiiii!

Mr. Bishi plays in the PSP
Mr. Bishi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Mr. Bishi supports Team VICIOUS
Mr. Bishi plays in the APPA D3 division
Mr. Bishi has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Damn, awesome

Border Patrol #68
MMPhotography
Mr. Bishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:06 PM #5
Slynn1697
Nil satis nisi optimum

Slynn1697 supports Team VICIOUS
Slynn1697 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Slynn1697 supports DLX Technology
Slynn1697 supports Empire
saw this on facebook. my respect for vicious was already high but it has doubled now.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:31 PM #6
applebutt89
Been here since 04

Annual Supporting Member
applebutt89 plays in the PSP
applebutt89 supports Team VICIOUS
applebutt89 plays in the APPA D3 division
applebutt89 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
applebutt89 is Legendary
applebutt89 supports DLX Technology
This is awesome.
Baltimore Trauma Fan #655
applebutt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 AM #7
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I love stuff like this
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 AM #8
nme71

nme71 supports Team VICIOUS
nme71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Sweet!
Vicious Paintball
nme71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM #9
skbg21
classic

Annual Supporting Member
class act!
skbg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:25 PM #10
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
is there a link to submit it?? Your Inbox is full.

Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:13 PM #11
mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
My ASM has to be fixed. They are doing it now, so try in an hour.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:55 AM #12
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
My submission was messaged to the team's FB page, if thats ok?

Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:51 AM #13
mercedes0001

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad71 View Post
My submission was messaged to the team's FB page, if thats ok?
Yes.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:04 AM #14
doge_02

very cool of vicious to support divisional teams.
doge_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 PM #15
brcbianchi
my anger management tool

brcbianchi plays in the PSP
brcbianchi is an NCPA player
brcbianchi plays in the APPA D4 division
brcbianchi has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
brcbianchi has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The story of SVSU paintball

College; a time of life where self exploration and finding who you are. This thirst for life and comradely brought 8 strangers together to start a journey that would change their lives forever..... I am Bruce Bianchi and this, is the story of Saginaw Valley State University paintball.

I know what every one is thinking; How could something as stupid as paintball be a college sport. Well I'll tell you, hit the deck and grab your socks, your about to travel back August 2011.

Its Freshmen move in at SVSU. Amongst the flurry of students who cant wait for their parents to leave and the parents who wont leave kids like its their first day of school is one student in particular; me. I was one of the bright eyed freshmen, eager to explore the college life! I wanted to explore one thing in general...... College paintball.

I knew coming into SVSU they had a paintball team.... Or so I thought. The day after move in I started asking questions about the paintball team and I met the same answer at every door, “ I've never heard of the paintball team.” Talk about a dream killer, but being as stubborn as an *** I dug deeper. I found the team had been dissolved because of financial and commitment issues. So instead of excepting defeat, it was time to resurrect the once dead organization.

Three weeks into the school year we all received an email, "paintball team meetings 10pm mark your calender if interested". What none of us knew was we were about to meet the group of people that would not only be our best friends for the next four years, but something more than that; a family away from home. I was hopping for a large turnout to our first meeting, and it happened.

I had 8 strangers looking at me, wondering who I was and what I was going to say. I told them all my intentions, I wanted this organizations to be something for all students; recreation and tournament level teams. I wanted something for all students to enjoy. 7 people stuck around, not what I hoped for..... First was the former president Ryan Jones, a hopeful for the team; but he was not happy to be overtaken by me. Next were my fellow freshmen. Danielle, Eric A.K.A. Madildo (Don't ask), Tyler Staub, and Logan Smith. Danielle was one of the two girl at the meeting, she was definitely one of the more tomboyish types; and man did she have a mouth on her and that would soon became useful. She was definitely a hopeful as someone whom had never played paintball and wanted to learn. Next was Tyler; Tyler was Madills best friend throughout high school and he had played recreational with Madildo at Michigan’s Hells Survivors. It was apparent they had the base skills to play and were on board for the ride. Then Logan another player that had some rec experience. He was cocky but had drive for the game. Joey, a sophomore who is to this day one of the goofiest kids we have ever met, he brought insight and knowledge to the table. Then Mike, another sophmore and former SVSU player; Mike was probably the nicest guy you could ever meet; but Mike as we would learn had vices that would bring us to worry about his health.

This was going to be the roster for this hopeful team, it was was time to figure out the buisness aspects of the team. Any paintball team needs 3 things; members, a home field, and cash..... lots of cash. This is when Ryan had told me about Cru Paintball and its owner Chris Dixon.

Chris is probably the nicest most helpful person I have ever met in my life. He helped give this team life through helping with gear and most importantly the insight and training we needed in order to become competitive. Over the next year Chris would become more then just a coach for us. Chris became a parenting figure to us all. Simply put without Chris I wouldn’t be here telling you this story..... none of us would be. Chris was the glue to us and even when we were at each others throats he would solve the issues occurring in our team. As he said, “your problems are mine guys we are a family.” Chris opened his field and home to us all.

Money talks..... and we needed it if we had any wish of being successful. It was easier said then done. We were able to receive $1500 every semester from the Student Organization on campus, and the board of students club sports had agreed to pay entry to NCPA sanctioned events. We quickly realized that $3000 wouldn’t get us very far.

Our first practice at Cru was 8 weeks into the semester on a Sunday morning. The car ride was silent with anticipation, the tension was almost electric. We had never been to a paintball practice and from what we had heard, they were pretty intense. As we step into the complex we are greeted by groggy strangers at 8am and gear bags strewn everywhere.... It was almost a euphoric setting. Everyone looked at us confused as to who we were. We silently geared up, and then; and then it all began. Greeted by gunfire we started drills and eventually 2 weeks later live scrimmaging. This was the next four months of our lives, and in class or at work this was all we thought about..... paintball.

We had skipped event 1 and 2 for the obvious reason, we were not ready. Then it was event 3 our first tournament as a team. We scraped together the funding and we headed to Ohio for Midwest Great Lakes event 3. With high hopes going into the tournament. We thought we had an edge and could do decently well.... Things didnt go as planed. Our inexperience showed and we were punished by it, the other more experienced and well established teams took advantage of it. While it wasnt a waste, we won 3 matches and didnt place last. Hell Madildo in the process of a 2 on 1 pissed himself a little lol!

So what did we do? Give up? Hell no! We wanted to be successful. So for the next two months we came harder then ever before. We had the itch and wanted the next event, especially since it would be held by our home field. We had to work hard not only on the field but off.

We needed to spread the word of the organization. We did events on campus and tried hosting cheap play for students at the field. The turnout was not great.........even though it was cheap students in college are broke... After doing many things on campus in hopes of gaining interest in the organization we worked in the background too. We needed to get funding for event 4. Through the on campus organizations and our pockets it was almost game time.

Event 4, I don’t believe any of us have even been more excited for something. The team had practiced hard, and was a completely different team. We had spent the last 4 months practicing and hanging out with eachother. There was very few days we weren’t all together. We helped with homework, we partied together, and shared memories.......... We became a family, the last element needed.

It was time to rock and roll, our first game was about to start. With all the belief in the world in each other we lined up on the starting box..... Game in 5 seconds! Our barrels touch the net...... The horn blew. The game lasted 30 seconds and the sidelines were in silence to what had just happened. SVSU the team that couldn’t have held anything 3 months ago just obliterated a team; proving we were someone to be reckoned. The whole tournament we had win after win, until we came to finals against Western Michigan. A team made up of TCP machine players. We were ran over, yet we were the most successful team. We had come from nowhere, a team that had no business playing against the other teams; to 2nd place. This will be the greatest tournament any of us will every play, for that exact reason. We all looked forward to the next year even with losing players Mike and Ryan.

Its a new year and we had recruited two new players. Bill and Paul the twins; we would come to learn what a lethal combination they are together ant they were 2 players that had never seen a PSP field in their lives. Year two was to be our most successful yet. We were able to attend three of the four events in the MWGL conference. Not only that, but a first in history for SVSU paintball; NCPA Nationals

This year didn’t include a first place or second place finish but it was huge growth for the team from attending two events to three and nationals. The team started growing more of name on campus too through SVSU paintball hosted events for students, and was constantly recruiting. Yet again funding plagued us, keeping us from the fourth event and students players not being able to play. The funds received not only are used for tournament paintball events but free activities for students through which we try and educate the student body.

Its now year three and were stronger than ever, we've gained three players and now have 11 in total. We are gearing up for the tournament next week and trying to acquire money for it. We hope to have more than 1 podium finish in the MWGL and at nationals top 8 placing. We have built the most solid roster of any year in the past and we believe in each other. Through constant persistence we hope to be more successful and to promote paintball here on campus also.

Thank you for your consideration Vicious.
SVSU Paintball

DEMON CUSTOM ANNO PINK LEMONADE 2013
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post78790439

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=275818
brcbianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:10 AM #16
instag8tr

That is a very fool thing to do for sure.
instag8tr is offline   Reply With Quote