Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2009, 01:52 AM #1
DM-Guy

Unhappy Type of lube to use on the nt

I first played with the new nt this weekend, put about three box of paint through the gun and it was shooting great the whole day. After the day was all done got home and cleaned the gun up and relubed the bolt with sleek lube aired up the gun and tried to dry fire but the bolt seem to get stuck and will not shoot at all. Am I using the wrong lube or not enough. When pulling the trigger I can hear the noid clicking so that tells me that there is nothing wrong with noid, has anybody had this problem before? Need help soon going to play this weekend, when the gun is working it shoots great.

Last edited by DM-Guy : 10-13-2009 at 01:55 AM.
DM-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2009, 02:41 AM #2
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

Check that you didn't somehow damage an o-ring, or forget to lube/change out a few. Sleek should work, but Slick Honey and a few others (Monkey Poo, Marmalade, and Voltage come to mind) will do better.

Huzzah for Epic MD Mod Thread!

Macdev Militia
iday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 AM #3
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by iday10 View Post
Check that you didn't somehow damage an o-ring, or forget to lube/change out a few. Sleek should work, but Slick Honey and a few others (Monkey Poo, Marmalade, and Voltage come to mind) will do better.
Have you used all those lubes on your NT?

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:27 PM #4
DyeTech2

DyeTech2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
DYE slick lube, dow33.
hater sauce isnt recommended on our markers due to excessive swelling it causes on the o rings. Slick Honey is too liquid and causes some problems in the internals of the markers. (i used to use slick honey on my dm5 in 2006, but better lube has come along that works longer, cleaner and more efficiently)
check your dwell, make sure it is set at 6, also be aware that some of the early NT's have a asa problem that depresses the pin on your tank to the point that it RESTRICTS air. We will be happy to fix this problem for your marker if you have it.
fresh batteries in all our markers are always well advised
SD, Ca, 92131

858 536 5183 Ext 276

Last edited by DyeTech2 : 10-13-2009 at 03:30 PM.
DyeTech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:22 PM #5
PolePosition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeTech2 View Post
DYE slick lube, dow33.
hater sauce isnt recommended on our markers due to excessive swelling it causes on the o rings. Slick Honey is too liquid and causes some problems in the internals of the markers. (i used to use slick honey on my dm5 in 2006, but better lube has come along that works longer, cleaner and more efficiently)
check your dwell, make sure it is set at 6, also be aware that some of the early NT's have a asa problem that depresses the pin on your tank to the point that it RESTRICTS air. We will be happy to fix this problem for your marker if you have it.
Is Hater Sauce not recommended on ALL Dye markers? Or just the NT? I've been using it on my PM8 and DM9 and didn't seem to notice any swelling issues....how do you feel about Hater Marmalade?

Also on the lube issue, whoever lubes these things from the factory sure likes to go overboard lol. I always thought you are supposed to lube until the o-ring is shiny but not until u start seeing excess lube...but the marker came to me with a lot of lube. No problems shooting it but I just thought it seemed to be a bit excessive cuz it looks like it could cake up.
PolePosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM #6
DM-Guy

I dont think its the asa because this one i got comes in a new gun case and i just got it last friday in Corona. One more thing that i have to check is the dwell setting, thanks DyeTech2 im glad that you mention that, i will let you guys know if thats the problem.Thank you guys that replied back.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM #7
Mattlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iday10 View Post
I can personally vouch for monkey poo. My DM6 was having bolt stick issues as well and this eliminated all problems I was having. I now use this on my DM6 and Luxe and it's amazing stuff, oring monkey sells it if you're at all interested. seriously worth the money.
Mattlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:57 PM #8
DM-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeTech2 View Post
DYE slick lube, dow33.
Thank you that was the problem, dwell setting was at 1. Really glad that you mention it cuss i was messing around with the setting.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 PM #9
DM-Guy

Now thanks DyeTech2 i can go ahead get everything setup for saturday play at SC village. Gun is now working the way it was when i first got it.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:00 AM #10
john1928

monkey poo is great, thats what i use
john1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:01 AM #11
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

Ive been using shocktech gun butta, which is similar to buzz's slick honey I believe

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:46 PM #12
DM-Guy

Just purchase me a small tub of monkey poo hope this stuff works great with the nt.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:06 PM #13
DM-Guy

What kind lube of does anyone use on their new nt. What I have tried so far is sleek by smart part and monkey poo, these two brand works great. Has anyone used something different and works great for them?