PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2016, 11:36 PM #1
justmyluck3229

Clone 5 gas up issues

Hi All,
When I first gas up my Clone 5, I can hear the gun gas up but I have to fire the gun 3 or 4 times before it shots at the normal fps range at the chron. I am using paintballs so I might be shooting 3 paintballs out of my barrel and I don't dry fire. I do suffer from FSDO after 5 minutes of not shooting the gun. I do have 2 Ninja SLP tank and they are working fine. My gun has been returned to MacDev to have it repair with the leak at the handle and I don't recall if I have the FSDO before I sent in the Clone 5 for repair. Has anyone have this issue before and they have resolved the issue by them self?
I have up the dwell to 15 and changed the bumper o-ring to # 12. I used a very light coat of Macdev Militia lube and I lube my gun and HP valve after every game play. Thanks for any suggestion.
Also if I don't fire the gun in about 20 minutes, then I would loose all pressure to shoot out the paintball or it would be like I am gassing up the marker for the first time.
justmyluck3229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2016, 02:24 AM #2
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Sounds like a bad case of FSDO. Do you have a good quality battery in there? Dont take a brand new one as being fine. Use a multimeter to check it. We have seen out of the packet batteries dead.
Change your 016 on the bolt and if is no change give me a shout on my email and ill sort you out.
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:28 AM #3
justmyluck3229

Thanks for the information. I have purchase alot of o-rings from Macdev, the O-ring monkey and I have already replaced the #14 o-ring on the valve and the #19 o-ring in the keg with the newly purchase o-ring from MacDev and it seems to fix the first gas up issue. My first shot now is at 270fps and then the rest of the shots will be at the normal 290fps. I did just change the #16 o-ring at the bolt and changed the battery and it was the samething at the first gas up so it was alot better before so I am very happy. I have let my gun sit for about 1 hour and it still has a some FSDO but it is not as bad as before. I am still testing it out today to see if I can get it to work a little better. Jame, thank you for replying to my help. Quick question? Is the O-rings from MacDev the same one from TechMD? I have tried to get a reply from them to order 3 full o-rings kit from them but they haven't replied back for about 1 week now.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:34 PM #4
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
No they are not the same, just use the factory o-ring as we have seen many problems from different suppliers. Do you have the Anti FSDO set up on the board?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:29 PM #5
justmyluck3229

Quick update on the FSDO with the first shot and then leaving the gun gas up with out firing it for about 2 to 5 hours.This is what I did to resolved my FSDO issue and my anti FSDO is off:
Got the o-rings from MacDev ( lots of o-rings )
1 ) Changed the # 19 o ring in the keg
2) Changed the # 14 o ring on the valve
3) changed the battery since it was getting a lower charge

These were the newest changes that has resolved MY FSDO issue since my gun can't push out the paintball at the first gas up until you fired it about 3 times before it shots at the normal 285 fps.
I can now gas up my gun and leave it alone for 5 hours or less since I tested the new o-rings a couple of times. The longest test was 5 hours and the shortest test was 1 hour. I can now fire the gun after a long period of time it sitting there at the chrono speed of 285 with the first shot. As before the o-rings changes, it wouldn't even push the paintball passed the breach. Thanks James at MacDev for helping me out.

Also my gun settings if you have missed it at the earlier post was:
dwell - 15
bolt front o-ring - # 12 o-ring
Old 05-23-2016, 10:51 PM #6
AZ Blake

AZ Blake plays in the APPA beginner division
AZ Blake supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmyluck3229 View Post
Also my gun settings if you have missed it at the earlier post was:
dwell - 15
bolt front o-ring - # 12 o-ring
Fsdo at 2.0 and 10 second timer on fsdo should fix you up settings wise.