Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2016, 07:18 PM #1
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

has been a member for 10 years
James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
New parts for the Clone 5

Here are some new parts that will be available for the Clone 5. Some are rolling revisions while others are after market add ons. I started this thread so the terminology of the parts is kept correct.

This is the purging adjuster kit. It will be released any week, has been in testing before world cup last year with pro teams and some amateur teams. Kit includes reg adjuster assembly, new piston and ASA pin.
The kite allows the system to completely purge all air from the gun when de gassing the ASA. Will fit in Cyborg 6, Drone 2 and Clone 5 guns.

This is the new aluminium valve. This part is coming standard in all guns being built now. Material was changed for manufacturing reasons. This new valve has been in testing for around the same time as the purging adjuster kit.

Here is the teaser pic of the new gold bolt. This has been in testing for 4-5 months and delivers a smoother quieter shot. Tested in pro and amateur teams. Was put in some players guns without their knowledge to gauge reaction!

Last edited by James@MacDev : 05-19-2016 at 10:10 PM.
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2016, 08:16 PM #2
ASU_gundevil777

ASU_gundevil777 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ASU_gundevil777 plays in the APPA D4 division
ASU_gundevil777 supports Ninja Paintball
Looks great! Does the new valve have any performance advantages over the original valve?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:59 PM #3
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU_gundevil777 View Post
Looks great! Does the new valve have any performance advantages over the original valve?
Tolerances are much better on the new part.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:08 PM #4
imped4now
BTFU

imped4now owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
imped4now supports Ninja Paintball
The purge kit works with the Cyborg 6 right?

How are you achieving a smoother, quieter shot with the gold bolt?
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:10 PM #5
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post

More info next week!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:15 PM #6
gretch6364

Subscribing to this new thread...would love a pic of the tail of the bolt!
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:10 AM #7
pjerzy1

plays in the NXL
pjerzy1 is an NCPA player
pjerzy1 plays in the APPA D4 division
My clone 5 has been to virtue 2 times and once had parts sent to me. Has about 3 cases through it. It's on its way back now but I'm not holding my breath on if it will work and for how long. Wondering if these can help resolve the issues that this thing has been plagued with since the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember kids, YOUR MOUTH CANT GET PREGNANT
pjerzy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:15 AM #8
iSkiM-321

iSkiM-321 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
iSkiM-321 plays in the MiLP
iSkiM-321 plays in the APPA D4 division
sooooooooo these parts will be upgraded for free on my clone5?
iSkiM-321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:22 AM #9
pjerzy1

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSkiM-321 View Post

Doubtful IMO

Old 05-20-2016, 08:45 AM #10
gretch6364

Quote:
I would also say no...and to be honest, I am glad they are not. Two things to think about, first the Clone 5 is great marker without these parts. I know I have been happy with mine the last 10 months or so (I forget when they were actually released).

Second, if Macdev had to give away all these parts for every Clone 5 that was out there, they would not have the motivation to build and test them and continue to improve the product. As was mentioned above, these are upgrades, not fixes for issues that made the gun not work. An example is the noids. They made them more robust and are replacing them on an as needed bases when they see a marker with issues. Most people have zero issues, but there are some out there such as the poster listed above.

Personally, I would MUCH rather have a bunch of cool upgrades come out that I have to buy for $30 to $65 each rather then the upgrades being held back for a "new" version of the marker with new milling and the upgrades. It is a more friendly model for the customers/end users IMHO.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 AM #11
sjosephf

Annual Supporting Member
sjosephf owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
sjosephf supports Shocker RSX
sjosephf supports Ninja Paintball
Def interested in this new shot quality that is going to come from the bolt or whatever else they have up their sleeve.

I agree with gretch6364 about the upgrades but it is also hard to swallow spending $1500 on a gun and not getting the best parts. If I want to buy the new Luxe Ice I do not expect to have to spend even more money on a new bolt for it?

Maybe someone else can argue different but just my two sense. I am still very excited to see what Macdev has to announce. I hope it helps the shot on the Clone 5.
sjosephf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:38 AM #12
iSkiM-321

plays in the NXL
ive had ALOT of issues with my c5. I play for an organization where there are roughly 50 C5's at every practice.

and at any given practice we will have atleast 5-10 clones go down with "issues"....drop off, leaks, poor consistency.

I was just hoping they would fix the current issues, without having to change parts and or buy "aftermarket" parts to fix the existing problems on a 1500$ marker....

but I will say, the c5 shoots great while its working....just scared to use it in an event. :,(

I guess if I give them more money my marker will shoot like it was sposed to.....
Old 05-20-2016, 09:43 AM #13
sjosephf

Annual Supporting Member
sjosephf owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
sjosephf supports Shocker RSX
sjosephf supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
ive had ALOT of issues with my c5. I play for an organization where there are roughly 50 C5's at every practice.

and at any given practice we will have atleast 5-10 clones go down with "issues"....drop off, leaks, poor consistency.

I was just hoping they would fix the current issues, without having to change parts and or buy "aftermarket" parts to fix the existing problems on a 1500$ marker....

but I will say, the c5 shoots great while its working....just scared to use it in an event. :,(

I guess if I give them more money my marker will shoot like it was sposed to.....
Hit up Macdev or Virtue and get your markers fixed. When I was shooting my Clone 5 I never had a hiccup. Now our Drone 2's had non stop issues with problems but we had ones from the first batch made. You should get help by contacting Virtue.
sjosephf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:48 AM #14
iSkiM-321

plays in the NXL
we have a tech for the team....and he is consistently very busy.
markers get fixed only to break down again, its like a revolving door. not trying to bash the C5, just stating my experience and opinion on the new upgrades.

being that I'm shooting this marker this season (like it or not) I will be buying the upgrades as well......haha just not stoaked about forking out more money is all

haha for the record. I'm AM excited about the new parts.

Last edited by iSkiM-321 : 05-20-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:05 AM #15
pjerzy1

plays in the NXL
I am having the same problems as you ^^^. It's pretty ridiculous that I have to pray for my gun to work before every time I try and use it. Ive owned it for about 4 months now and it has been to virtue twice and had parts sent to me a different time. Shouldn't there be a lemon law for this thing? Bought brand new and have been nothing but disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-20-2016, 10:24 AM #16
duscar

duscar owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
duscar plays in the APPA D5 division
duscar supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
This is exactly why I sold mine. It was the most comfortable gun in my hands and just felt awesome, but I couldn't depend on it. Sometimes it would shoot great and other times it wouldn't shoot at all.

That being said, I'm tempted to get another one just because it's so damn comfortable.
duscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:29 AM #17
gretch6364

Quote:
That is disappointing and frustrating I am sure. Also seems pretty easy to narrow down the "organization."

We have three on our team that are using them and have never had any drop off...we had one leak that was a nicked #020 on the engine, which was obviously easy to fix and happens with all guns. The only issue we have experienced is the dreaded "puff." I am pretty sure we have this narrowed down and fixed. If your marker goes puff...replace the #016 on the bolt as it is worn out and in general, replace it every time you re-lube your reg, which we do somewhere between 10 and 20 cases and before each major event. New #016, new battery, and clean/relube reg in the gun.

Besides that, we run dwell at 15 and have a 012 on the bolt for a bumper. Leave everything else stock. You do all those things and there seems to be very few issues with the marker....at least in my experience and I have been shooting mine since they were first released.

As for the Luxe ICE comment, it is a brand new marker...there was nothing you had to buy when the Clone 5 first came out. If you buy a new gun, it should come with the new valve. The purging ASA is an option and not necessary for operation of the marker...same with the upgraded bolt.

I don't know, I understand why it would be nice if they sent the upgrades out for free to everyone, but at the same time...I really think we should encourage constant improvement and be happy to have stuff that goes easily in the current marker rather then having to buy the 2016 version or version 2.0.

When we were all shooting cockers and things like the threaded 3-way/timing rod came out...WGP didn't send them out to everyone for free. Same thing with the thicker thicker plates, etc. and LVL10 upgrade for mags.

Last edited by gretch6364 : 05-20-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:42 PM #18
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Annual Supporting Member
safariguy5 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
safariguy5 plays in the APPA D5 division
safariguy5 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 supports Ninja Paintball
safariguy5 supports Empire
I'm interested in these parts. Got my Clone 5 last year for the Black Friday sale and I'm a very happy customer. Shot great out of the box. Made the 012 O-ring and dwell adjustment and it shoots very consistently. Staying on the light side of the lube was the only thing I have to do now.

Used it in 3 tournaments, no problems with it.
Infinite Resistance #21

ASM Jersey Idea Thread 2016 Edition
safariguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:17 PM #19
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk plays in the MiLP
tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA D4 division
tyronejk supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post

I'm betting they put some porting on the tail end of the bolt similar to the CS1.

Georgia Tech Paintball
Current markers: Clone VX | DM9 | Empire Resurrection
UL frame'd Clone VX project
tyronejk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:24 PM #20
gretch6364

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
I'm betting they put some porting on the tail end of the bolt similar to the CS1.
This is kind of my hunch as well...take some of the "pop" out of the air release. With how low pressure these markers are, it could make a pretty good difference and then potentially the increased volume from the smaller diameter valve shaft will offset any additional "push" needed from the slower release.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:10 PM #21
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

For the guys that are complaining guns for us are a continual development, we release the best tech we have at the time and sometimes further down the line we improve things.

We are fully aware of the "organisation" that is having these problems and despite repeated attempts to talk to the field tech we have been un successfull. We have never received any tech enquiries from this "organisation" via email, phone or skype.

At the Texas NXL i got to talk to one of the guys from that "organisation" to get to the bottom of the problems. We found that it is not just our guns that break in this area but all guns. The only difference is the tech does not know our guns well enough. Let me just say here that parts from other manufactures are not meant to fit in our guns!

I spent a lot of time with teams at Texas educating them how to fix any problem that may arise in the Clone 5 and Drone 2. They are VERY simple guns now and require little maintenance.

I am not saying our guns never break down, there are some easy maintenance things you can do to keep it working which are all done in one minute or less. The area this "organisation" is in has some factors which do effect parts in ways we do not see anywhere else. Humity, dirt and water in the lines of the filling source are HUGE problem in this area and hence players need to take more care no matter which gun manufacturer they choose.

I'm happy to help anyone with problems, don't you think it would been better to reach out to a trained tech like myself to get a problem fixed instead of waiting to post on a forum with no real info beside my gun goes down?

Here is my email. james@macdev.net

Guys with problems they cant seem to fix send me some details of what your gun is doing so I can help you to get it up and working. Its that easy!

Ill be waiting on my email.