PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-06-2016, 12:38 PM #1
mutumbo

has been a member for 10 years
Drone 2 OLED upgrade

After a several year hiatus, I'm getting back in the game. Ive got a Drone 2 coming, and have read great reviews about the OLED board. My one question is, is how hard is this board to install? is it something simple as just popping the old one out and the new one in, like you could with old shockers? Or does it take sending it off to a professional to have done? Thanks

EDIT: what is the barrel threading for the Drone 2? Is it the standard autococker threads? Or is it seperate? I'm looking to add a freak kit down the line.

"Originally posted by SBC785: if i had a vagina, i'd see what i can put in it...it would be like a wallet that i didn't have to pay for"
"Originally posted by uknowme: listen ma'am i dont tell you what to put in your mouth (unless i was so inclined and the moment arose) so back off lady kthanxbye lol"
'Originally posted by XxpatrickxX: jesus was a OG alocholic though, he said **** water BAM wine it up."

Last edited by mutumbo : 07-06-2016 at 12:58 PM.
mutumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2016, 03:30 PM #2
Zenderscott

Great lil marker you got coming! Drone 2 is a awesome work horse. The oled board is not difficult to install if you have basic technical skills. It's a few screws to do really! If you used to do basic work on your own guns you should be fine...the provided instruction sheet will run you through it. Just need to be careful with the ribbon, and they actually provide a spare ribbon anyways just in case.

The barrel is autococker threaded, so you could do a freak barrel if you liked....autococker is so freely available nowadays so it's a breeze to chop and change barrels.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:58 PM #3
mutumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenderscott View Post
Great lil marker you got coming! Drone 2 is a awesome work horse. The oled board is not difficult to install if you have basic technical skills. It's a few screws to do really! If you used to do basic work on your own guns you should be fine...the provided instruction sheet will run you through it. Just need to be careful with the ribbon, and they actually provide a spare ribbon anyways just in case.

The barrel is autococker threaded, so you could do a freak barrel if you liked....autococker is so freely available nowadays so it's a breeze to chop and change barrels.
Awesome. Thanks! As long as theres no soldering or anything like that in the install, I should be ok.
Thanks for the barrel info as well. For some reason I've not been able to find it.

After a 6 year hiatus, I'm ready to get back in the game.

One more question, any other upgrades you'd recommend? I'm looking at a gold bolt as well.

"Originally posted by SBC785: if i had a vagina, i'd see what i can put in it...it would be like a wallet that i didn't have to pay for"
"Originally posted by uknowme: listen ma'am i dont tell you what to put in your mouth (unless i was so inclined and the moment arose) so back off lady kthanxbye lol"
'Originally posted by XxpatrickxX: jesus was a OG alocholic though, he said **** water BAM wine it up."
Old 07-06-2016, 07:50 PM #4
pvn

Annual Supporting Member
pvn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pvn supports Ninja Paintball
The gold bolt helps a little with brittle
Paint.

Save the money and buy an extra case, play more.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:27 AM #5
mutumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
The gold bolt helps a little with brittle
Paint.

Save the money and buy an extra case, play more.
Too late, gold bolt is on it's way. Thankfully, I'm at a point in my life where the cost of an extra case of paint doesn't really matter, I can afford both.

The OLED board, is it worth it?

Old 07-07-2016, 05:16 AM #6
pvn

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
Too late, gold bolt is on it's way. Thankfully, I'm at a point in my life where the cost of an extra case of paint doesn't really matter, I can afford both.

The OLED board, is it worth it?
For convenience, yes. Easier than dealing with an LED and trying to remember what color effects what.

Save your old board. If you ever sell the drone, swap out the OLED board and sell it separately. You'll make out much better that way.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:43 PM #7
mutumbo

Great point, thanks!

Old 07-13-2016, 07:20 PM #8
alexpntbll
NEW JERSEY JESTERS

alexpntbll supports Ninja Paintball
Hey i just bought a used Drone 2 and it comes with a sweet upgrades including the OLED board, gold bolt and the back cap that you can hand tighten ALL FOR ....

$350
SCORE!!

!!!!#!!!!!!##!!!!!
alexpntbll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:27 PM #9
pvn

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpntbll View Post
Hey i just bought a used Drone 2 and it comes with a sweet upgrades including the OLED board, gold bolt and the back cap that you can hand tighten ALL FOR ....

$350
SCORE!!
You're welcome 😀

Should be delivered to you tomorrow btw.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 AM #10
Dynasty1984

I want that deal!!!!
Dynasty1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:33 PM #11
alexpntbll
NEW JERSEY JESTERS

alexpntbll supports Ninja Paintball
drone 2 with OLED and gold bolt

Quote: