PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-12-2014, 03:20 PM #1
Meest00gt

Looking at an 06 Cyborg

Hey guys,

I'm new to this section of the forums here, and I just have a few questions. As the title says, I'm looking at picking up an 06 Cyborg, and I plan to use it as my primary marker. I just have a few concerns. When I look online, I don't see much as far as replacement parts, O-ring rebuild kits, etc. Is there much support out there for the older Borgs yet?

The other big one I have is, are there some big issues I should be on the lookout for when looking at these? Any huge common problems that have surfaced recently as these markers are getting near the 10 year mark? I read through the FAQ, but much of that information is dated back a ways.

Thanks guys,

-Ryan
Meest00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2014, 02:45 AM #2
JR007

The rings are the same sizes you can easily get on the market. There may not be any ring kits available, but you can get the rings you need without hassle.
If you buy one, strip it and check everything first, lube it up and shoot.
The 06 Borg is so good, it's what they based the Cyborg 6 on!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 PM #3
FreeStyler15

Maybe depending on what your budget is, you should choose something newer like the Drone DX, or if you have $1500+ you can pick up a BNIB clone GTi or wait a little more time and go straight to the new Cyborg 6.

Like Eric Said in other post, as time goes manufacturers stop producing spare parts for those "old markers" and then become a little harder to find spares for them and that is related to every single paintball brand out there.
Just my opinion though
FreeStyler15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:58 PM #4
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
The 06 Cyborg ram and valve are the same units used from the first Cyborgs until the 07. I wouldn't consider them readily available but they aren't too tough to find. All wear orings are standard sizes and readily available. The 06 is my favorite Cyborg ever but I haven't got my hands on the new Cyborg 6 yet. They are fantastic markers but are quite a bit bigger (especially height) than current poppets. Putting my G6R and JT Impulse next to it is hilarious....the size and weight difference is huge. But I definitely wouldn't recommend against them, they're awesome markers.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:42 PM #5
JAllen7287

JAllen7287 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have 2 of them. There's no reason not to buy it. They are extremely durable, not needy, as far as maintenance, and shhot fast and accurate. You could easily get something newer for about the same money, but it is a nice older marker.
JAllen7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM #6
JR007

Look at it this way. If you are in the $300 bracket for a poppet, you won't beat it.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:10 AM #7
imped4now
BTFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
Look at it this way. If you are in the $300 bracket for a poppet, you won't beat it.
I'd put the 06 as 1A and Infinity Legend as 1B in that category.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:57 PM #8
Krazy

Krazy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I used my 06 today after it has been sitting in my gear bag for 3-4 years untouched. I broke it down and lubed everything the other day. It shot wonderfully. Great consistency and efficiency. You won't be disappointed.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:56 AM #9
Knfeparty
Divide by Zero

Knfeparty plays in the APPA beginner division
I have one I bought new. I never sold it because it is by far the easiest marker to repair and maintain. It is sort of a brick by today's standards but shoots like the best of them. I think I would rather have an 07 ergonomics-wise, but they are really hard to come by.

I'd rather have an 06 borg than a new Axe.
Aqua Camo Clone GTi
Black Resurrection
Knfeparty is offline   Reply With Quote