PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-29-2014, 09:59 AM #1
goon81

goon81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Luxe Grip on GT

Based on the research that I've done, it doesn't seem as though anyone has tried putting the exalt luxe grip on a GT. The one thread that I did find had an overall consensus that it wasn't possible. I decided to give it a try and was able to get the grip over the regulator with some modifications. More than half of the grip will slide on and will get hung up with about an 1" of the grip remaining. The cause of this is from an inner rubber lip that wraps around the grip and sticks out about 1/4". I was able to cut the rubber lip out with a small knife. I then put the grip in boiling water for a couple of minutes and then fitted it onto my GT. The result is below. It took a while with the knife and I had to be careful not to cut through the grip. There is most certainly a better and safer way to bore out the rubber lip so I would not recommend using a small knife. Just wanted to let people know it's possible with some modification. Maybe someone can come up with a safer/more efficient way to remove the rubber lip.
goon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2014, 03:02 PM #2
erikguti

Annual Supporting Member
erikguti donated to help Peyton Trent
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
erikguti supports Team VICIOUS
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Bro i dont want to sound like a D$%K M"$F"$% but you can buy a exalt regulator grip for 10 dollars and will do the same job saving you 10 dollars and the time to mod it!!!

just my opinion
P.S. Beautiful Gt by the way
Old 08-29-2014, 03:29 PM #3
goon81

Yeah, I'm aware of it. This is more of a preference thing... The regular exalt grip is shorter than the luxe grip. I wanted a full grip and the luxe one was the only one that came close to that.

Thanks, just picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by goon81 : 08-29-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:00 PM #4
erikguti

Annual Supporting Member
erikguti donated to help Peyton Trent
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
erikguti supports Team VICIOUS
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by goon81 View Post
Yeah, I'm aware of it. This is more of a preference thing... The regular exalt grip is shorter than the luxe grip. I wanted a full grip and the luxe one was the only one that came close to that.

Thanks, just picked it up a couple of weeks ago.
I have seen people that used 2 Exalt grip and it looks really good if you want the full grip

Old 08-29-2014, 08:11 PM #5
goon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikguti View Post
I have seen people that used 2 Exalt grip and it looks really good if you want the full grip
I also thought of putting 2 exalt grips together but still preferred the look and feel of the luxe grip. I didn't really intend for my original post to convey the message that the luxe grip is the only option. I actually had an exalt grip on my GT that I had pulled off of an Ego. I felt the luxe one and liked it better (granted, it was on a luxe). It's all about preference and letting others know there is another option out there.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:52 AM #6
KronicCocker

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Very nice OP. I was going to try that as well but ended up buying a roll of rubber tape used for electrical splicing ( its thick rubber, not normal electrical tape) and its great as well !
KronicCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 AM #7
codywp

Yeah I thought of doing this then realized baseball or tennis grips would be great. So I have some tennis grips and it feels great.