PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 PM #1
alienscott

has been a member for 10 years
Shot .50 cal at World Cup 2

I was able to get a milsim low end .50 cal gun and 2000 rounds and just finished shooting it. This time when I shot the gun it looked like it was shooting around 300 fps and the chrono confirmed it. I was quite surprised. It did carry like a .68. The +- on the chrono was much better than the first time I shot it. Maybe the paint doesnt shoot as well with low pressure guns?

Im not sure that the accuracy is quite as good as a 68 but it is hard to judge because its hard to follow the ball. If you tip the barrel up to shoot 200+ ft it actually becomes a little bit easier to follow the ball maybe because it has a longer arc and has slowed more before it hits the ground.

Seeing the paint break is still a problem. I shoot at a maybe 6 inch wide post around 125 ft away quite often. When shooting with the .50 cal I more often than not could not see the paint break on it.

Overall it was much better this time, but the problem of following the ball, possibly less accuracy, and less paint breaking on your target makes me think .68 is better.

Maybe .50 for new players who dont really look where they are shooting anyways. Could also work for teams running drills at close range.
alienscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement