Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 AM #1
Mann Von Gott
1996 Indy Ram

USMC reserves, what happens if you don't go for so long?

Ok my brother has been UA for almost 3 months now and I really don't want anything bad happening to him because my parents really do not need that kind of stress right now.

He told me if he stops going they will just stop calling for good after so long but then I have heard as well he could be sent to the brig, his unit is no longer a deplorable unit due to the commandants orders.

What should I do or say to him to get him to go back and stay out of trouble and what can happen to him if he continues not to show up.

Mann Von Gott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 AM #2
underdog_153

tell him hes a deserter and thats punishable by death. you better say goodbye to him
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 AM #3
solrflare

Annual Supporting Member
solrflare is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
treason=death
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 AM #4
paintball0276

hes soft.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 PM #5
underdog_153

really, going ua in the reserves.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:14 PM #6
NorKaLKiLLa
Seen a lot of combat?

LOL@RESERVIST. That 2 days a month must be HARD!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:55 PM #7
FuzzyFish

Technically the above posts are mostly wrong. Deserter=punishable by death DURING A TIME OF WAR. The Iraq and Afganistan conflicts were never actually declared wars. Also to the people acting like the reserves is nothing, the reservists actually get deployed more than regular active duty, so shut up. I hate to say it, but he may be going to jail for awhile and getting out with a dishonorable discharge... sorry.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." óGeorge W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:00 PM #8
sHoCkA (Banned)

sHoCkA is a Supporting Member
lmao @ reservists deploying more than active duty. One of my buddies did 10 months in the brig for going AWOL/desertion. Went on his R&R leave from Iraq, and instead of taking 14 days, he took 40-50 days. Tell your brother this is NOT the path he wants to take with the military. They WILL come out on top no matter what he might think.
sHoCkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM #9
Mann Von Gott
1996 Indy Ram

I dug up these two articles, are you all just trying to make this more difficult for my family? My mom and dad read this , I showed it to them after all the responses then I dug up these two articles with them to see.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/military...go-486294.html
http://www.lawguru.com/legal-questio...ted-269591893/

Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 PM #10
underdog_153

all right man, look at it this way. your telling a bunch of active duty guys that have done time away from home that your brother who is a reservist went ua. we are gonna laugh at him. but to be honest, if he went ua, its prolly cause he wants to get out. the truth of the it is, is the quickest way out is to do your time
Old 10-12-2009, 04:22 PM #11
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

my buddy went to Iraq back in '06 with my unit. Did his time, saw a lot of bad ****, just wasnt the same person, and basically did the same thing, stopped going. Eventually an officer came to his house, talked to him for a while, and technically he is demoted to being a Private and had him turn in all his gear and then discharged him (i dont know what it was but I know it wasnt dishonorable. probably other then honorable.) If you're a boot, and you just dont go, they'll probably come down heavy on you. It's all about what type of Marine you are, I guess. He had a succesfull tour, but he was ****ed in the head when he came back and just couldnt do it anymore.

But honestly, reserves or not, your brother signed a contract, he hasnt done a damn thing, and theres no reason why he shouldnt fulfill his obligation as a man and as a Marine. Nothings going to happen more then likely.

Last edited by penguin_style25 : 10-12-2009 at 04:25 PM.
penguin_style25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:19 PM #12
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN

ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
We had a guy show up in Hawaii that had been UA for maybe 15 years or so. Got pulled over for a traffic violation and was scooped up punished under the UCMJ with confinement. They may not actively hunt you down, but it won't just go away. Best to face the music now and be done with it.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:25 PM #13
justavillain
I've got nothing

justavillain is a Supporting Member
justavillain is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
justavillain is a top reviewer
We had 2 guys face this problem. One got charged with being UA, NJP'd demoted ect. But no one could "find" him so they have him a Dishonorable discharge.

the 2ed guy got the letter saying that if he doesn't make up the drills he will get a dishonorable discharge. So he went to the HTC for pretty much 2 full months every day to make up the drills.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
justavillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:14 AM #14
wdpballa4life
WDP for life

kill squad comes to your house or he'll get demoted, dishonourable discharge, Micky D's wont even look at you then. oh and prob the brig... i'd personaly send the killsquad, i mean were 2 days a month that hard? even if he is a POS he gets yelled at for two days, then duces gunny, back to civi life
JOY WAS ROBBED Miami Effect RIP
pi.Moon---Oh no he didant (as i snap my fingers three times), he went there and played the Pegasus card.
Terror Wolf ---your super agg 1 of 100 Jonas Brothers SuperEgo is still an ego bro.

Sgt in the USMC
wdpballa4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:35 PM #15
Mud_NAvy

If he continues to be UA from drill then he will be discharged less than honorably. Tell your brother to pull his head out of his *** and man up. He needs to tell his chain of command that he doesn't want a part i the reserves. They might possibly still be sympathetic and allow him to be adminstratively seperated, which is a technical honorable discharge.
Mud_NAvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:43 PM #16
NorKaLKiLLa
Seen a lot of combat?

Someone came up to us in thailand and asked if we were marines, then proclaimed 'UA, '74!!!!'
Old 10-18-2009, 06:58 PM #17
JackH (Banned)

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Yeah... He's going to jail. He's also a ****ing idiot.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:17 PM #18
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

He's not going to jail. He's just gonna winde up with some sort of discharge.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 PM #19
justavillain
I've got nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdpballa4life View Post
kill squad comes to your house or he'll get demoted, dishonourable discharge, Micky D's wont even look at you then. oh and prob the brig... i'd personaly send the killsquad, i mean were 2 days a month that hard? even if he is a POS he gets yelled at for two days, then duces gunny, back to civi life
I do 2, 2 day drills a year. The rest are all 4 days on avg. That is actually a lot when you look at your statement. As I have classes during the week It takes a lot of time. Then as a section leader I need to come in all the time for crap I don't want to do. It's more then just a 48 hour commitment a month.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic
Old 10-20-2009, 08:31 PM #20
Mann Von Gott
1996 Indy Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud_NAvy View Post
If he continues to be UA from drill then he will be discharged less than honorably. Tell your brother to pull his head out of his *** and man up. He needs to tell his chain of command that he doesn't want a part i the reserves. They might possibly still be sympathetic and allow him to be adminstratively seperated, which is a technical honorable discharge.

On his behalf, I do understand where he is coming from, then again I am not in the marines so I guess I don't have room to talk.

Last drill he skipped he needed his uniforms tailored, would have cost 160 (guess he had some sort of huge inspection, all uniforms were to be inspected), it costs him about 100 dollars in gas every drill to drive to and from, he isn't applicable for room in bored.

That is 260 out of his monthly pay, he still pays student loans from before he went in, a car loan and insurance for the car he needs to get to drill, he loses money from work by not being able to work those two days not to mention he is trying to start his own business which is also draining his pocket.

I told him why don't you just say you don't want to be in anymore. He said, the marines never listen, they are too lazy to fill out paper work.

I said why not get a medical discharge then? He has asthma and severe adhd , I know both of those are medical conditions that should stop you from getting it, the recruiter just threw those aside when he went into the recruiting office.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM #21
justavillain
I've got nothing

if he lives outside of 50 miles and there is a drill in the morning he gets a room. No matter what some one says there is an MCO about it.

Sgt USMC infantry
Firefighter/emt basic